12: Picking flowers is dangerous
9.9k 18 234
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the same time this monster let out it's roar the tip of it's claw blurred and was aiming for Sylvia's neck. A speed that normally can't be followed with the eye. However mine are different.

I used my sword to block his swing, then I pulled Sylvia and jumped back.

"...Fuu… thank you. I didn't see that one coming."

"Don't thank me yet."

For a moment I felt conflicted. Why did I save her? We got the flowers. The normal reaction was to leave her to get killed by the monster and run while it's distracted. Yet it was like my body moved on its own. Darn it. As much as I resolved myself, I guess deep down I'm still a little soft.

The monster once again prepared his charge.

"Nelia, stop him!"

"Understood!"

His high speed dash was suddenly interrupted as Nelia wrapped her web around him like a laso. 

"I got you… wha… woah…"

What? Nelia's feet are firmly planted in the ground and this thing is pulling her along?

"Damn you. Take this!"

I slammed my fist into its chest. However, even if a small shockwave was produced, this thing didn't flinch. Crap. It's like hitting a wall. It's sturdy.

"Guar%yua#@Ohloo!!"

It broke free of the web and once again he swung his praying mantis like arms. This was bad. The force behind that swing will break my sword. 

"Not this time!"

Sylvia jumped in front of me. This time she was protecting me. What's this feeling deep inside me? Even back then I was always the one that protected my former companions. Never once did they get in the line of fire for me. Why… do I feel this way? 

The sword and claws clashed generating sparks. A flurry of slashes are exchanged. Sylvia changed the angle, power and even let out a barrage of consecutive strikes, but the monster managed to parry all of them. It's not like Sylvia is weak. Her swordsmanship is top notch. 

If she had the original Einehal, this fight would have been over now. The monster suddenly changed its pose and tried slashing Sylvia's arm.

"Naive!"

She stiffened her muscles and was ready to intercept the attack. But it didn't happen. Fresh blood scattered. The monster twisted its arm like a tentacle and pierced Sylvia's shoulder. 

"Guaaah!"

The monster spins around and lands a kick in Sylvia's stomach, sending her crashing into the wall. She was down on her knees. He wanted to end her life quickly as it continued charging like a ravaged beast. 

"That's enough!"

In mid air it seemed like the monster was hit by an invisible force as it was sent crashing on the ground. 

"Lady Yurishia, that's…"

"It's alright Nelia. This much I can manage. Stand back. It's mine!"

My Ruin Eyes. The complex magic circle formed in my eyes. They not only have the ability to nullify magic, but they can also channel it. Screw this. I don't care anymore if she finds out I'm a Mazoku. I won't let her die. 

"Ryo*#HyAuo@yis%!!"

I still don't know what this thing is saying. And I don't care. This is going to push this body a bit, but I've been through worse. I extended my hand right hand.

"[Howling Nova]!"

In the blink of an eye an electrical serpent was generated from my hand and violently assaulted the monster. No matter how fast you are, you aren't faster than lightning. An explosion formed and the monster was pushed into the wall. It wasn't dead, but it was stunned. If anything, these things are quite durable. I was hoping to end it with one spell. Come on! Just one more!

"[Dark Storm]!"

This is a potent spell. It generates multiple mana swords in the air. It's nowhere near the level of Unlimited Blade Works, but that doesn't mean it's weak. 50 swords all came falling down on the monster. The earth cracked, the dust rose as powerful shockwaves assaulted it over and over and it's screams could be heard.

When the dust cleared, not even it's corpse remained. I erased it without a trace. Sadly that stunt also made me fall on my hands and knees.

*Cough… cough…*

I violently coughed blood. Ugh. Mana intoxication. This is what happens when you use magic beyond what the body can handle. All your stamina is drained and it feels like all your organs are crushed.

"Lady Yurishia, are you alright?"

"*Pant…* I'll be okay. I *...pant* will manage…"

I'm worried about Sylvia. She stopped the bleeding of her shoulder. But was giving me a weird look. And it's natural. After all, I used demon magic. She got up and came towards me.

"Yurishia… what are you? Was all this a lie? Are you planning to use those flowers for some evil scheme?"

"Calm down, Sylvia. There's nothing wrong."

"How can you say that? No human is able to use demon magic the same way Mazoku can't use holy magic."

"False."

I'm straining myself right now, but I need to calm her down. I wrapped my left hand in holy aura.

"Wha… how can that be?"

"Holy magic, demon magic… at the end of the day it's all just mana. Humans and Mazoku just developed it differently. That's all."

This was a long shot. But it was my best bet right now. Normally she's right. Humans can't use demon magic and Mazoku can't use holy magic. But I'm an exception. Fighting with the Hero made me understand how holy magic works up to an extent. I can use holy spells. But this is the first time I showed this to anyone.

Sylvia lowered her sword and let out a long sigh.

"You just want the flowers, right? You're not going to do anything to the town, are you?"

"Of course not. As soon as I get the recipe for the cure, you'll probably never see us again."

"Very well. Your business and your life isn't my concern as long as it doesn't affect the town. So I'll leave it at that."

Phew. It worked. Now let's get the hell out of this cave so I can get my powers back. What can I say. Once you get used to driving a Porsche, you really can't get used to a bike. This human girl served me well, but it's time to say goodbye. It's time, to rise once again!

234