15: Sylvia wakes up
11.5k 31 227
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lady Yurishia, you're simply amazing! To think you would have so much power!"

"What are you talking about, Nelia? Even after awakening I can barely use only half of my original power."

"Ha...Half!?"

Yup. For some reason I still couldn't use the full extent of my powers. Maybe because I spent so many years in a human body, all my strength must return naturally to me. Oh well. Even 50% should be enough for most cases. By the time I reach those 3 hopefully I can get my full strength back.

"I can't believe what happened… I was defiled by a demon…"

"Oh, stop sobbing already. You liked it. And only more wonderful things will happen if you dedicate yourself to me."

She dropped on her hands and knees.

"Please. Don't make me leave. I beg you. Without me, my mother…"

*Sigh*

"You really don't know, do you?"

"Know what?"

I had Nelia gather information on her. And while she was unconscious me and Nelia had a chat. The reason why she does everything the duke and count tell her is because of her mother. I don't want to give her the bad news, but she needs to wake up to reality.

"Listen, Sylvia. Your mother is already dead."

Her face stiffened. For a moment she lost her words.

"No. That can't be. I talk to her once every week and…"

"Behind a curtain, am I right?"

Nelia's spiders told me the whole story. Her mother is supposed to suffer from a terminal disease. Technically my cure all is the only thing that can fix it. If one gets this disease, he or she doesn't have more than 3 months to live.

And you're telling me they managed to keep her alive for years? Please. I realize now why I kinda like Sylvia a bit. She's like me. She's simply being treated as a tool. Who knows, once she serves her role they will probably dump her. Like me, she's a dog on a leash. It's time to let it loose.

"I'll show you exactly what I mean."

I held my hand and a cloak appeared in it. Up till now I couldn't use my Infinite Storage skill. But now I had access to everything I gathered in it. And the item I need right now is this cloak of invisibility. The one that wears it becomes invisible. 

"Sylvia, you and I are going to take a trip."

------

"A toast, brother! May we get more wealth than we can carry!"

"Agreed, hehe. But, regarding our latest order… you think it was wise to get ourselves involved?"

"Regarding the girl that escaped from Titania? Although the person that told me this was shady, the intel is right. Besides, imagine how our fame would increase if we capture the sole person that ever managed to escape that prison."

"True. But will our soldiers accept it?"

"We have Sylvia. She'll make them accept it, if she knows what's good for her."

"Bwahaha! That's right. That girl is so stupid. All for the sake of her mother. A mother that died years ago. As if we would spend a dime on a hag like that. All we had to do was make it seem like she's alive, and Sylvia did everything we asked her too."

"Correct. As if a cure for that illness could actually be developed. That dumb bitch is so clueless, haha!"

Tears were flowing from Sylvia's eyes. Right now both of us were under the invisibility cloak so these bastards couldn't see us. I gave her the order to keep her mouth shut and not make a noise. Even if she wanted to shout or scream, she can't. 

To be honest I wanted to find something incriminating by coming to this villa. But things turned perfect for me. I couldn't have asked for a better timing. But this doesn't end here. She needs to see that place too. 

So I teleported us out of there and in front of another building. My teleport skill only works to places I've been before. So each time we could only teleport in front of the buildings since I didn't know the inside layout. That's why we needed the cloak.

We reached the room where Sylvia's mother was supposed to be in. It was a plain room with nothing in it other than a bed with thick curtains. Apparently they told her that this was to avoid contact and don't let the disease spread. I gave Sylvia permission to speak again, but her voice was shaking.

"M-mom?"

"Yes, dear?"

Sylvia looked at me as if not believing everything up to this point. We got out of the cloak and I approached the bed. I violently pulled the curtains. 

"No… way…"

In that bed, there wasn't a human being. It was just a parslow. A parslow is a bird breed specific only to this world. A blue bird about the size of an eagle an a head resembling that of a cockatoo. In short it was a form of parrot. But unlike regular parrots that just mimic words, this breed is able to completely mimic the voice as well.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!"

Sylvia let out a wild scream that echoed across the room. And because of that 2 knights who were on guard rushed in.

"What? A Mazoku here? And is that… lady Sylvia?"

"Kek. Looks like I've got some cleaning up to do."

"... Wait…"

I turned my head back to Sylvia. 

"Don't tell me after all this you still want to take their side?"

"No. I want… TO KILL THEM MYSELF!!"

Without a second thought she drew her sword and furiously charged towards the 2. She unleashed a barrage of powerful slashes and cut right through them. She lost control. She's acting like a beast now. Even with them dead she continues to stab their bodies splattering blood.

"Sylvia, this is an order. Calm down!"

Compelled by my magic her body twiched and she forcefully settled down.

"These guys… they took everything away from me. My mother… is gone because of them. I won't forgive them… I won't!!"

"As I thought, you're just like me. Both of us were used by the ones close to us. Revenge is something I can relate too. Sylvia, I will make you this offer. Willingly, come with me. Swear yourself to me and travel with me. Help me take down those who betrayed me. In exchange, I shall also help you with your revenge. I will grant you power. The power to kill those 2 brothers. The Knights won't be able to stop you. So what do you say? Answer honestly and tell me what you desire!"

"I… want…"

227