[16] Hero of Heart
4.4k 11 153
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The place had turned quiet. It was almost as if everyone could smell trouble, almost as if they had all agreed to be silent and watch a good show. The young man realized that no one had answered him, he frowned, and walked towards the counter as the girl behind him wobbled to follow—her ears twitching.

"Are you the receptionist?" He asked, his eyes scanning over Clara's figure.

Claire thought there was something hidden behind that stare and Alicia was already becoming annoyed at the young man, she wanted to quickly get this over with and taste blood. The eyes she used to look at the man no longer contained indifference but was slowly morphing into—

Claire quickly held the girl's hands, whispering, "I hope you're not thinking of causing trouble all of a sudden, right?"

Alicia's figure shuddered. She turned around and gave Claire an innocent smile, shaking her head.

'Right...'

Clara looked at the man and frowned, saying she liked his attitude would be an absolute lie, "Yes, I am one of the receptionists and I'm currently working with these two girls here—there are two other stations open, feel free."

She knew him as the Hero of Heart just as everyone else did. However, he was currently a hero without even the first chapter of a legend recorded in his name. What she said was both done in annoyance and disregard.

The man's eyes wandered over the two, before dropping back on the parchment held by Clara. His heart immediately quickened as his eyes glowed with desire.

'That's the one!' He almost screamed out.

While he was experiencing turbulence, Claire was experiencing an unending curiosity as something caught her glazed eyes.

[Name: Fieth Tross

Race: Human

Strength: C

Speed: B

Mana: B

Skills: Rumor (U), Switch (S)

Overall: A-]

That was the man's status, however, it wasn't what caught her attention.

[Name: Aura Fiora

Race: Dark Elf

Strength: A+

Speed: B

Mana: B

Skills: Hero (OverLord), Planetary Strength (Rising), Unyielding Will (U)

Overall: S]

Those were the stats of the seemingly servitude girl.

Claire frowned, with such a skill like that and with her strength...'There's no mistaking it, this girl is a hero.'

She wanted to dig deeper and glance at what exactly the skills meant, but she could not. Her ability only allowed her to see the status of people or objects, not what each entailed. But the mystery still remained as to why the girl carried the luggage and followed the 'hero' around like she was his servant. Claire's brow furrowed. Why did everyone believe him to be the 'hero'?

The young man coughed, smiling, "My name is Fieth Tross, Hero of Heart, I've come to complete that request in your hand."

Clara glanced at him, glanced at the parchment, then looked straight into his eyes.

"It's already taken, by these two girls here."

His smile crumbled. He looked at the two girls, each dressed older than the last, and back at the receptionist.

"You can't be serious, right?" His voice fell, laced with a hint of mockery, "These two children? Are you sure they can even handle the request, don't tell me the Adventure Guild has become this desperate?"

Clara's expression revealed a layer of frost.

"I assure you, sir, that your worries are unnecessary, unneeded, and an annoyance. If they were not fit for the request, I would not be setting them through. The Adventure Guild isn't desperate, but you might be." She retorted, since when had a Sacred Card lie?

He grimaced at her harsh words. He was agitated and a bit shaken. He had worked his way all the way to this city in order to spread his name—that girl's skill had already pointed out that a mission worthy of a hero was within the grounds of the place. And after listening around the city for far more than not at all, they had both agreed that it was likely this very mission.

"Miss," He opened his lips, calming his heart as his eyes twitched, he gave a smile. On that handsome face, it looked stunning. He was proud of this smile.

"I think I may be of help, just in case, won't you allow me to also take part in this request with them and make sure they return safely?"

He quickly held out a white card with crimson scribbles.

[Name: Fieth Tross

Record: Hero of Heart

Rank: A-]

Clara was stunned for a moment, she thought his words sounded logical and felt that it would be a good idea to make sure the two young girls returned safely—especially sine this was their first outing as adventurers. So what better person for such a job than a hero? However...with the girls strengths...she wondered if it was even needed and hesitated to speak. Plus, she already disliked the young man.

Claire smiled, "I agree."

She had become interested in what was really going on here. Why did the man proclaim himself a hero when the girl behind him was clearly the one with the skill? Furthermore, how could his card record him as a 'hero'?

She currently didn't understand much about this world, but even she felt this was odd. Do Sacred Cards tell lies? Or had her eyes become the liars?

She looked toward the Dark Elf girl, who smiled brightly in return.

153