Chapter 65 – Yun Xia Confronts Bullies
1.9k 3 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So can you adjust this to her size?” Yun Ling asked as he showed the necklace he just bought to the jeweler in one of the biggest jewelry stores in the capital.

“I can,” the jeweler answered.

Ironically, the jeweler was the son of the storekeeper of the toy store which Yun Ling and the company had gone to before. His face was grumpy as he examined the necklace on Yun Ling’s hand. He still remembered how he was beaten up badly by Yun Ling a few years ago.

His life had gone into a downward spiral since then. His father got stripped of his position; his friends and relatives distanced themselves from his family because they feared they might get involved with the Yun Clan; other people started picking on their family in hopes of earning the Yun Clan’s favor. He was really miserable back then. Thankfully, they were able to pull themselves up again and was able to set up a toy store and this jewelry store with great effort. It was hard but they definitely made it.

The jeweler took what happened as a valuable lesson in his life.

Do not let anger take over you.

Only pick fights with people you can afford to pick a fight with.

Suffer for a few seconds than suffer for a few years.

“Those are good proverbs,” Yun Ling said as he read the proverbs carved on a plank of wood behind the jeweler’s counter.

The jeweler’s eyebrows twitched.

“Y-yeah.”

“Which wise philosopher had said that?” he asked, curious who said those words. Maybe one of the revered wise cultivators of the past?

“Even I don’t know myself. I just found the proverb quite good so I put it there,” the jeweler lied with a straight face. There was no way he would tell Yun Ling that it was him who made that. Though with how many wise sages there were in the world, one of them had probably said something similar to that or maybe exactly that so he had no need to worry about his lie being exposed.

“Is that so?” Yun Ling stared at him for a few seconds before turning his gaze towards his daughter. “Xiaxia, can you wait for a few minutes? We’ll adjust this necklace to your size first so you can wear it comfortably.”

“Okay!” Yun Xia nodded.

“Young Master, allow me to get her size first,” the jeweler said.

“Alright.”

While the jeweler was measuring Yun Xia’s neck size, Yun Ling and Yue Dongmei stood at the side, observing every action of the jeweler. Snow Fang just sat bored as he looked at the entrance of the jewelry store while his son was running around the store.

The jeweler didn’t know why but he was incredibly nervous as he measured Yun Xia’s neck size. He could feel Yun Ling and Yue Dongmei’s gazes on him and it was bothering him so much. He was doing everything properly despite the fact that he disliked Yun Ling a lot but why did it feel like the way they were looking at him was like the way one would look at a criminal? He shook those thoughts out of his mind. He was probably imagining things.

“I’m done,” the jeweler said as he wiped the sweat from his forehead with his sleeve. That was a bit stressful.

“When will it be done?” Yun Ling asked.

The jeweler thought for a moment. He still had to work on a lot of jewelry that people left in his care. Even with the help of the workers in his shop, it would still take quite some time because there were too many. Normally, he would tell those people to come back after a day or two but with Yun Ling, this kind of young master, he wouldn’t dare make him wait for so long, at least he wouldn’t dare anymore.

“Around an hour... please come back after an hour and a half,” the jeweler said. He could have finished adjusting the necklace in under an hour but he said an hour and a half. It was because he wanted to be very careful with Yun Ling’s jewelry and do it exceptionally. There was no telling how Yun Ling would react if he didn’t like his work. He didn’t want to get beaten up again.

“Alright, we’ll come back when you’re done,” Yun Ling said. He looked around the shop once again for a bit before leaving with Yun Xia and the rest. After he saw the jewelry that they were selling, Yun Ling was quite pleased that the necklace he bought didn’t lose out to many of the jewelry in the shop.

“Where should we go next, Xiaxia?”

Yun Xia thought for a moment before saying, “I wanna eat an ice cream!”

Yun Ling let out a laugh, “Then let us go and buy some ice cream. What about you Snow Fang? How about your son? Do you have anything you want?”

“Meat,” Snow Fang said. Though he and his son had eaten breakfast, it was a bit lacking.

Yun Ling nodded before turning to Yue Dongmei.

“How about you?”

“Nothing,” was merely her response.

He wasn’t really surprised by that so he didn’t have any reaction.

Just as they were heading towards the place where they were going to buy ice cream, they came across a group of noble children bullying three dirty looking children their age. There were also several dirty looking children at the side, glaring at the noble children.

“Haha, what? Are you angry? What are you gonna do? Bite us?”

“Stop that brother, can’t you see they are going to die from anger? Hahaha, they can only bark but not bite.”

“You think really think I won’t hit you?!” one of the dirty looking kid said as he clenched his fist. He was about to punch the noble kid near him but his friends grabbed his body and stopped him.

“Haha, plebs like you should just die. You’re just dirtying our society. Also, if you touch me, I will tell my father about it. Your family will surely suffer so allow yourself to get beaten up by us!”

Yun Ling wasn’t a stranger to these things. He had been into this kind of situation after all in the past. That was just how the world worked. The weak get trampled upon by the strong. Even with several laws set in place to stop things like these from happening, the laws could easily get twisted to favor the rich. They could even break it as long as they had enough money whereas the poor could only endure to survive.

He let out a sigh.

If he tried to help those poor kids, these noble children would just treat them more harshly once he was no longer around. By helping, he would only make those children’s suffering worse.

“Let’s go, Xiaxia,” Yun Ling said to his daughter, trying to turn a blind eye to this thing.

However, Yun Xia was no longer at his side.

“Stop it!” Yun Xia was now standing in front of those dirty children while looking at the noble children angrily.

“Huh? Who is this kid?” one of the noble kids said while looking at Yun Xia unpleasantly.

Announcement
Join my discord server so you can read some chapters I didn't publish here. There are 11 chapters in total.

Here is the discord link -> https://discord.gg/hG9BVQjUw8


World of Terra's Cultivation Realms:

1. Foundation Establishment

2. Spirit Awakening

3. Core Formation

4. Four Transformation

5. Mortal Lord

6. Fate Dominion

7. Sacred King

48