Chapter 149: Stealth Assassin
160 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dyne was jumping from one point to the other with his trusty grappling hook. With the dark energy of Jedo, he was out of sight from most scanning abilities that the watchers had.

I must not get spotted even once! Otherwise, I won’t complete this as a grandmaster!” Dyne vowed as he began to even move like an assassin. He took the sword of the guard that he slew and moved around the castle secretly.

What are you talking about?” Jedo wondered.

He is playing Tenchu! He wants to complete this mission without being seen. Right now, he should be going over the map to pick up weapons like in the game.” Strafe sighed.

As expected, Dyne was using his first target as a means to get more weapons. And the direction he was headed was detailed in the list that Dyne received from Chantel. He was hoping for it, but with this confirmed, he was excited to kill this man. The target is the corrupt weapons dealer of the kingdom.

I hope there are shurikens there… And maybe some bows. I wonder if I’ll get to a boss fight with this?” Dyne hoped as he kept jumping from one rooftop to another and headed towards the armory in the castle that this merchant owned.

Occasionally, Dyne would spot a guard with a very dark and terrible future, and he would kill them. Whenever he killed the guard, he would immediately send it to the Monster Hive.

Hmmm…. Never mind...” Dyne muttered as he decided to ignore a rather cute female archer and moved on instead of killing her.

“…”

“…”

What? If you two have something to say, say it.”

I have no complaints, master Dyne. For all we know, she is a good person.” Jedo answered.

They all deserve to die. But my mercy, I shall spare them. And perhaps by grace, I can make them one of the good guys.”

Thank you, Jesus.” Strafe praised.

Are you mocking Sovereign Basilieus Basileon?” Dyne challenged.

N-no! I was praising Him! Isn’t that his teachings in the opening letters of Ephesians?”

...You memorized the scripture?”

I’m rather knowledgeable in the areas of Soteriology.” Strafe boasted.

Weird. A god who memorized the Bible.”

And here I am stuck on a mass-murdering psychopath who thinks he’s playing Tenchu: Stealth Assassins.”

Dyne finally reached the area where the armory was. Thanks to Jaden, he gave Dyne a brief guide of the entire castle grounds. Ishreth also drew Dyne a detailed map which Dyne followed.

Dyne soon saw a window on the top and flung Grim.

Grim latched on the wall several meters on top of the window, and Dyne jumped and landed right in front of the window.

He carefully opened it and managed to move inside the room.

Dyne observed them and realized that these weren’t any special weapons but just standard weapons.

I wonder where he keeps the good stuff? Oh well, I can’t afford to leave this guy without any loss. Since I’m killing him, I might as well take everything. This should outfit the people of Legaia nicely.” Dyne smiled. Without hesitation, he took the entire stock of swords, bows, and armors.

Dyne moved towards the door but didn’t open it.

He then began to move quietly and used his soul to sense his surroundings.

Dyne then began to focus as he limited the power of his soul to only sense the areas nearby. By allowing his senses to focus on a certain distance, Dyne was able to see things within an area in a more clear view.

His vision now details the physical outline of the people nearby because of this. Dyne could now tell if the enemy was looking in his direction.

He could see that one of the patrols outside the hallways had just turned his back to move towards the other end.

Dyne immediately moved out of the room and managed to open the door without making any sound, and he brandished Grim, which now had a dark coat on its scythe.

The soldier was immediately decapitated. Dyne quickly brought the body inside the Monster Hive and moved on.

Dyne then began to his senses and avoided going into rooms with people he could sense had a rather pure life and destiny.

But in an empty room, Dyne would open as he would try to open the locks using his soul and create condensed soul energy that acted as a key. He's already learned knowledge of opening locks from his first life helped him ease through all types of locks.

Any rooms that had bookshelves would be emptied, and any weapon present would also be taken.

Dyne slowly continued until he succeeded in clearing the items in all rooms that he managed to sneak in.

Is the merchant not on this floor?” Dyne frowned. He then closed his eyes and tried to expand his soul senses. On the floor above him, he could sense three figures.

Upstairs? Two guards guard that staircase. Should I just charge in? No! That will lower the points I get after the mission because I got spotted. I guess I’ll go up through the roof or something.” Dyne sighed and went for the window in the nearby room and scaled the floor to the next level.

Strafe and Jedo were both sighing at Dyne’s eccentric decision.

Dyne scaled the wall to the top. If he had not used his various abilities to cloak in the darkness, he would have been spotted.

Like this, Dyne easily reached the very top window and went inside. He entered the attic of the particular building that he went into.

Jackpot!” Dyne smiled as he looked at the array of objects.

Weapons, books, potions, a large pile of gold, and several other treasure chests were found inside.

Rather than have this go to the Serpentari, might as well take it for me.” Dyne smiled as he began to send the items to his monster hive.

Oh… A Flamberge!” Dyne was amazed. He saw a strange red core sword that emitted a small Fire element.

This is nice. I think I’ll use this as a sword now.” Dyne smiled as he brought the sword into his Monster Hive.

Dyne slowly went down the staircase leading to the bright room below. He could hear the sounds of a woman shouting. Dyne moved closer.

Come on, baby! Come on!” The perverted laugh of the merchant echoed out.

Noooooo!” The scream of the woman could be heard.

Wow. That sounds just like the first mission of Tenchu: Stealth Assassin. Should I go in and follow the script?” Dyne laughed.

Dyne readied to dive in, wearing a strange dark mask over his face. But right before he could make a dashing entrance, a loud smashing sound echoed out as the doors burst open.

What? Who are you?!” The perverted man shouted.

Nabal! I'm here to avenge all the innocent people you've hurt! Including my family!” An angry shout of a woman echoed out.

Dyne heard it and had a strange expression.

What? Another assassin came in?”

Guards?! Guards?!”

I’ve killed all your guards!” The woman laughed.

Impossible! You’ve killed all thirteen of my guards?!”

Thirteen? It seems your guards are lazy. I only killed two who were guarding you!” The woman laughed.

Dyne blinked.

She got in because I killed the rest. What an interesting turn of events.” Dyne chuckled.

Somebody Help! Get him! Get him!” The man began to run.

Oh. It’s following the script of the game again. Does this mean that a samurai warrior will face the female assassin?” Dyne wondered.

It looks like you chose the wrong party to crash.” An arrogant laugh was heard.

Yep. Just as I thought.” Dyne chuckled. He saw the frantic escape of the merchant. Dyne hid at the side of the staircase and stabbed the merchant in his heart when he reached the top floor.

The merchant was shocked at Dyne’s attack. But instead of shouting in pain, he saw that all his money was gone.

My...money… My money…” He whispered under excruciating pain before dying.

Immediately, Dyne absorbed the body of the merchant into the Monster Hive and carried the severed head of the man.

My business is with Nabal! Step aside, Swift Blade! Or I will have to kill you.” The woman shouted.

Dyne recalled that the Swift Blade was a specialized knight class focused on speed and lethal strikes rather than the defense and brute force that knights had.

So an Assassin is fighting a Samurai. This is turning out to be like Final Fantasy Tactics.” Dyne laughed as he made his way down the stairs.

He saw the Swift Blade standing boldly and drew the long sword similar to the katana of Dyne’s world. Dyne even saw the assassin. It was none other than the cute female he passed by earlier. Only this time, she didn’t have the archer's garb but revealed a darker attire befitting a ninja.

If anyone played Tenchu: Stealth Assassin, you will notice I followed the actual script of the game.

9