Arc 2 chapter 8: Bickering
505 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-(Fa)-

Vice City Ship Gladius, 1 day later

I woke up feeling blissfully sore in the arms of my woman, she was still sleeping and holding me tightly against her. With my empathy I could feel contentment and happiness from her; a stark difference from the pride, cynicism, and violence oozing from her being when she is conscious. Fenicia is a simple being, but at the same time really complex. You never know when she was going to do something unpredictable. Trying to escape of her strong embrace, I  pried her arms from around me; with my nanites enhancement, it is easy peasy. Getting out of bed silently and carefully, I directly go to the bathroom linked to our bedroom. I felt slimy because of our sexual activities; Fenicia is a randy and determined partner, sometimes she is akin to a predator and me a prey. It is more apparent when I try to run from her or playfight. This is foreplay to us, Fenicia love to fight and prove her dominance.

Entering the Ultrasound shower cabin I close my eyes and felt the yucky stuff on my body fall out of it; for one entire minute I do nothing but wait for the shower to do its job, then precious and relaxing hot water cascade from the hand and column shower. The hot water refreshed my body and woke me up even more from my somnolence. I stay like this for another ten minutes, lost in thought about my day. I must finish Fenicia and mine’s spaceship, the one I have decided we should possess to be free of Helena. It will be the best ship made by Vice Corporation tech, there are things mom isn’t even aware that I unlocked from the Lutian Archive; Technologies so powerful that they scared me. How those powerful precursors of humanities perished I ask myself? Is the Shdeveri Empire is so powerful? They didn’t impress my mother when she booted their invading asses back to their own sector of space. I saw the vids and top-secret war reports of what happened.

I know they are going to come back, and this time with the might that destroyed the Lutians. That is why I will continue to decode the technological archive, get more tech and build; I will be ready. Exiting the cabin, the drying system does its job and I am not wet all over anymore. After proceeding to brush my teeth and doing my business, I get back in the bedroom; I brush my hair and put on my blue bodysuit, boots, and gloves. My trusty toolbelt went around my waist.

“Nigel, prepare breakfast please,” I spoke to the house AI.

As you wish, my Lady.

I heard him say in a British accent, he is an efficient and thoughtful AI that I am employing. He is saving up money to obtain an android body. There must be something to his story, I noticed that his code is old. He must have been one of the first AI produced by Vice Corp.

My Lady Fa, there is a call from your mother.

*What does she want now?!* I retort in my thought.

As I was not an idiot I plastered a smile to my face as the holo-window with the face of my mother appeared. Helena Vice was a classical beauty, her raven black hair and green eyes were her most striking feature. We had the same body type, petite, curvy but fit. Our health nanites don’t permit any deviation from perfect health.

“Hello, Fa.” A smile blossomed on Helena’s face.

“Mom.” I nodded to her.

There was a time I would have done anything for keeping her smiling and keep her attention on me, but I saw her true visage long ago. I went into science and engineering on her say so to be useful to her and the family; she uses us her daughters as if we were pawns, inducing competition between us, ordering us to do this or do that. I was even forced to kill my best friend on her say so. I won’t ever forgive her for that. But, I still loved her. She is my mother. But I can’t stand her anymore, I wish to leave; it is tricky, she won’t let me go and might do something rash.

“I am calling you to tell you that Idunn is coming back in two days, her mission on Vanir was half successful. Oh, and I want to invite you and Fenicia for lunch, I expect you two at 12:00 am. Be there.” Helena continued with an amiable tone.

“Yes, mother.”

“Brighten up, it is an informal get-together.” She said while chuckling with upturned eyes.

“Mom, is it the usual place? The Rising Sun restaurant?” I rolled my eyes, Helena was predictable this way. We always go to the same places, it has been going on for years. The restaurant even has a VIP room exclusively reserved for my family, most businesses we frequent have.

“Yes, you know how I love Chinese food.” Mom was licking her lips and flipped her hair behind her.

 I put my hands on my waist, rolling my eyes again.

“Yeah, don’t remind me. You told us stories of how you survived on Chinese food for years while chasing pirates and criminals on your rusty little ship with Dad.”

“Bloody good times.” She said, laughing.

“Mom, I will be there. I just have things to do with Cia this morning.” I want to cut that conversation short, I didn’t want to be caught in her pace again.

 But it wasn’t meant to be, Helena was like a pitbull and didn’t let go.

“Is everything going well in your little love nest?” Her voice sounded sweet and inquisitive.

 I looked at my mother a glimmer of craftiness could be seen in her verdant eyes.

“Well, Cia has been really upset yesterday. Something to do with her new job, wouldn’t you already know; after all, you know everything that happens to her.”

“Maybe.” Helena was smiling as if she was the Cat that ate the Canary.

 There was no trace of remorse in her, she wanted Fenicia’s help for something but didn’t want her to get cozy with any of us. Helena thought of my woman has a tool to do her bidding, one she would be able to discard. Like my friend, Dakota. Dakota was my best friend, she was of the North American Indian descent and a bodyguard/friend/secretary. Dakota died protecting me from religious zealots that wanted to kidnap me to push demands on my mother. Reminiscing about her, hardened something in me and caused me to slip from my usual acting.

“Mom, could you stop messing with her? For me, please.” I pleaded while a tired sigh escaped me.

“We will see about that.” Helena sneered, her beautiful face showing a mean streak that she rarely shows to others.

Again without wanting to, I exploded.

“I am an adult! I can marry whoever I want.”

 Helena looked at me with shock, then spluttered a bit before saying, “Marry? Not Date?! Since when do you consider yourself married, young lady? You didn’t marry her, I hope!” Helena cried in alarm.

 A satisfied and defiant smile blossomed on my face.

“We will talk about that at lunch, later. Bye.”

 Hanging up on her, I think about how I am going to regret doing this and how I failed to keep my temper. But it felt so good! I hope that Helena won’t do anything to my Cia, she might regret messing with her. It was time to wake up my girlfriend and play with her a bit.

***

 The bed is four meters long, six meters large with a solid metal reinforced bedpost with a hidden compartment with adamantium and leather cuffs which are voice activated. We had our sex toys in hidden compartments under what we call our “bed of love” it had cost a pretty penny. I was embarrassed by how the sellers looked at us when we went to customize it in the shop.

 I ran toward the bed and jumped to finally land on the sleeping form of Fenicia.

 “Wakey, wakey.”

 Fenicia’s arm surged from the covers as she caught me, a scream of surprise escaped me and we rolled to the left on the covers. Fenicia giggled; With my Alpha nanites pack bonded to me, I could easily defend or overpower Cia. It wasn’t surprising when I got her finally under me by straddling her and pinning her arms up to her head. Fenicia looked at me coyly, a sexy pout on her face, an expression that she only shows to me.

 “You have me at a disadvantage, Mistress Fa. What do you want to do with this poor Saryan maid?”

 I licked my lips, feeling my heartbeat speed up and my underwear getting wet. Fenicia’s lust and desire burned through my mental shield, it almost made me want to open my bodysuit and fuck her. But I, unfortunately, got enough self-control to not succumb to my urges.

“This Mistress really wants to mess you up, in a good way; Alas my dear comely lass we need to doll you up because the taskmistress whip will crack on our backs if we don’t get there before noon. It’s 10:00 am in the morning and we have lunch with my matriarch at 12:00 am.”

All playful and lustful feelings drained from Cia as if a dam was suddenly placed on the running river of her thoughts. Cia hated Helena with a passion, that scared even me. Sex took the backseat, battle lust was on Fenicia foremind. Her eyes closed into slits and her face took on a calculating mien.

“Ok, I will get ready.” She tried to get me to the side but I pushed her back on the bed. My hand roamed on her naked bust.

“I will have to cut your hair, Cia and no bodysuit for you today,” I said smiling sadistically.

 “What?” Cia looked crestfallen.

 “I want to put you into something sexy, to be honest with you. Always seeing you in a bodysuit or sportswear has become quite boring. Won’t you, wear new clothes? For me. I have tons of ideas, nothing fancy mind you.”

 “Over my…” Cia began.

 “Pretty please?” I interrupted her by begging with my eyes and looking at her smolderingly.

 “Fine.” Cia averted her gaze from mine and gave in.

 After proceeding to her toilet and general body care, thirty minutes later I had fun while cutting Fenicia’s long hair, they were thick, of a vibrant blue and basically reached her knees. I reduced them to shoulder length in a deep side part kind of hairstyle. When I was done, Cia said that she liked it. I saw her take a length of her hair on the ground and she began to plaiting it while I showed her the holographic models of the outfits I set aside for her. There was a black pantsuit with a white shirt that she rejected automatically, quoting her “I am not a wage slave” and I trashed it. Then there was the latex green dress that caused Fenicia to redden, this was the first time that I saw that happen and she expressed a hesitant no. I kept the dress schematic and decided to ease her into wearing it when going to the Pharaoh another time. Then there is the jackpot, the next outfit was composed of a white sleeveless cropped tank top in nano fabrics and in a similar white lace-up mini pencil skirt in faux suede with black knee-high boots. I literally saw Cia’s eyes shine when she saw it. Then she took control of the holographic construct and added a lite combat black belt with pouches and a double shoulder holster for her pistol.

“Perfect!” She said.

Cia also bought a black faux leather jacket with embedded crystronics that makes it able to change color, synchronize with her com tablet and stargazer goggles. To me, it looked sexy, practical and badass. Fenicia returned to plaiting with her hair and me to save up the outfit, send it to our fabricator and go look at my emails.

One hour later, I was waiting in my workshop when Fenicia entered with her new outfit and she took my breath away. Yes, seeing her in something different than sportswear and a bodysuit is a big change. She looked more human to me, and more approachable and it scared me. She was mine. I didn’t want others to get near her; well, not without my say so. Fenicia had a blue plaited cuff in her right hand, made of her own hair and adorned with a golden gem in the middle of it. She came around my desk to put it on my wrist, placed a finger under my chin and looked at me with an intensity that made me squirm and lust for her at the same time.

“Never take this off, you are my mate now.”

It was said as if she didn’t leave me the choice, that to her it was simple. There was no genuflecting and ring, or rose bouquet. And now I felt silly for thinking that she looked more human with those clothes on. Fenicia is not human and never will be. She is the dominating force in our relationship, a female Saryan of focus, determination and of sheer will. However, I knew that she was vulnerable right now. Fenicia expected me to reject her, now and that what we had didn’t count as much to me, as for her. Despite me, I stood up, launched myself at her, locked my feet around her waist and kissed her. We stayed like this, drinking in each other, for ten minutes or so. Ten minutes where I felt all the relief and the love Cia has for me. We may have begun with a rough start, but… now we are in this together. She is my sun, my moons, and all the stars.

***

 -(Helena)-

Hengsha District, The Rising Sun restaurant 12:15 am

 

The Rising Sun was the place to go if you wanted to eat fancy Chinese food in private for those citizens that are well off. It was located in the Hengsha district at the northernmost area of Gladius. I was in my own private room, a perk of being a co-owner; fifty percent of the restaurant belongs to me. The room was 30m², the theme was power and abundance. The room was really well lit with modern and traditional lighting. The walls were red, the furniture white and velvety, the carpet was black with red fan patterned on it. A white oriental dragon statue adorned the wall behind me; I was seated at a big round table with four chairs around it. The tablecloth was white embroidered with golden dragons, three sets of cutlery were positioned before me. Gladius, as my first city ship is the biggest and most protected fortress and it orbited around Earth, everything almost belonged to me here; most businesses there are subsidiaries of Vice Corporation. The corporation always co-opts those citizens that have realistic business plans, and it makes me able to have a foot in the door and reap a part of their profit. This is what happened with The Rising Sun.

 Looking at my wrist com, it was already 12:15 am and my daughter and her paramour were late!

 *First she hangs up on me, and secondly she is late? This Fenicia girl is definitely a bad influence on her.* I thought.

 I sat there, fuming; getting angry the more seconds passed. I was about to reach for their streams when Fa opened the door to the room followed closely by the Saryan girl.

“You two are late,” I said gruffly to placate Fa and Fenicia.

The two of them were hand in hand, looking rather intimate. Fenicia was wearing almost normal garb, but I noticed that she was still armed. The bulges in her black jacket weren’t just the swell of her humongous breast. I smiled at the irony, I thought that she looked normal but you cannot declaw a predator like her without killing her.

“Sorry mother, we got held up.” Fa tried to minimize their transgression.

 Her impish grin let me know that she didn’t care about my mood.

“Greetings, I’ve come to eat,” Fenicia said shamelessly.

She obviously came for a free meal, from the intel on her I’ve discovered that she is a glutton. Fenicia didn’t seem intimidated by me anymore and seemed to dismiss me completely. I see that there was no love lost.

My precognitive gift tingle when I looked at them seriously. The rivers of their time streams were one before they were just entwined. But now it was the same, what happened to them? That kind of thing only happened when true soulmates found themselves. How could I miss this? Even when you are a precog, some events come from nowhere and bite you in the ass. Fenicia being my girl’s soulmate I didn’t anticipate it at all.

Oracle? Right, I feel like a fool. I still barely know how to use my powers and only know the base of the Oracle game I found myself embroiled into with those of different races. Imagine yourself being an island and around you, there is an ocean, and that time is this ocean. It is limitless and infinite, then when you look at people around you streams of light materialize and you can see what happened in their lives in the past and their present, but their stream branch out when you try to see their future. You see the possible futures for that person or being.

When I discovered my gift, I was sure that there was more to it than that; but at first, I had no one to guide me and I fumbled and fucked up a lot. until I met someone with the same powers. Matriarch S’lekka, a Thelian female high diviner of Idrissa was my mentor. I just had to find a catgirl to explain everything to me, ha! Now I can see my own stream, but some details are obfuscated to me. S’lekka taught me that I can look at other people futures but not to key events in mine. I learned how to influence the streams of those around me, snuff them out, link them, discover how people in previous lives are bound to meet again, what are the repercussions on the timeline if I do something about someone. It is an art in itself.

The two women sat at my table, Fenicia took her jacket off and draped it over the chair back; I could see the two pistol in her holsters.

“Always armed, huh?” I stated.

“You never know what might happen, psionics powers are fun but the old fashioned way is still better,” Fenicia answered.

I couldn’t fault her on her argument, in my days a mass-driver pistol in the fringe was enough to make you safer than some fancy psionic powers. It made me smile, but not for long, I was curious about that marriage thing that Fa spoke about in our last communication.

“So what is it about marriage you were talking about?” I said, genuinely interested.

“You are so nosey, Mom.” Fa facepalmed in annoyance.

“I choose, Fa as my mate,” Fenicia revealed.

“Oh?” I don’t like the sound of that, why wasn’t I involved?

“We plan to update our citizen profile to married.” Fa continued.

She looked at me as if she dared me to contest her decision, I am aware that my daughter is an adult and that she is free to do what she wanted; within reasons of course. But I would have liked for the two families to get involved in the process.

“Ah.” I finally managed to say.

I guess I can understand why she did it like this after all her sisters hate her blue-haired paramour with a passion. I cannot deny that I helped foster the animosity they feel toward her, but this has been souring their relationship. The break caused by their marriage might dangerously affect their fates. My hands made a fist while they were on my thighs. Those girls are giving me a heavier workload.

“I can feel that you are not happy about it, mother.” Said Fa.

She was feeling my mood with her ability, looking at her I decided to be honest.

“I am not happy at all, but I realize that trying to change your mind would be like trying to move mountains with my bare hands. We could have made a ceremony you know, invite our two families to speak about arran-” I tried to say but was interrupted by Fenicia.

“My mother is already aware of my choices, and I don’t intend for us to get embroiled into politics. That is what would happen if I let you drag us into one of your schemes.” The low alto voice of Fenicia was filled with a derisive tone.

The girl had balls for sure.

“You will have to play the game too, Fenicia; as you just joined this family,” I assured her.

Her hands slapped against the table and she leaned toward me, looking into my eyes. Her golden eyes glowed with the promise of violence.

“I have been pushed around by you too much lately, maybe you have been on top too long and you don’t see that you cannot meddle with people as if they were pawns. But I guess when you are an Oracle you feel that you should. Are you like the others? Using your precognition to further your gain?” She made a cunning smile and looked as if I was dirt to her.

“Oh, so you know?” I glared at Fa.

Who had the presence of mind to avert her gaze from mine and looked around her. She must have told her, I should have told her to keep her trap shut. This is why girls in love are so problematic. Fenicia leaned against the back of her chair and crossed her arms under her impressive chest. She looked at Fa and made a really attractive smile at her.

“Yes she told me, I have no secrets for Fa. Nor she for me, but I guess that she can’t tell me everything some secrets aren’t hers to reveal.” Fenicia sounded smug.

Looking between the two of them I couldn’t help but notice their intimacy and how in love they were. Two years ago I didn’t divine that my little Fa would fall in love with my best friend’s prodigal daughter.

 

“I see. Do you know that I had foreseen your arrival two years ago? But, dealing with you has been rather amusing.” It didn’t mean that I approved of them, and bullying Fenicia has been rather fun; just to see her reactions. Seeing her raging and stopping her from doing lasting harm was rather interesting, I poked and prodded to see what her limits were. So far she has been rather unpredictable.

“I know that you want something from me, so far I don’t know what. That’s why you forced me into your service. I wouldn’t be surprised that Idunn finding me was your doing and giving her the Omega nanites pack would make me duty bound to you. You know, I resented you for so long for that; now I know that you used your power to set it up. This is rather scary, you can see into a being future and see his or her futures actions and decisions to influence it and obtain the desired result. But through you, I met Fa, so I will do what you want for the time being. I will tell you something though; cross me, and I will find a way to kill you, Helena Theresa Vice.”

Stunned I didn’t know what to say, but finally, words trickled back into my brain.

“Amazing, no wonder some people are afraid of you. You are one intense young lady.” I said while laughing at her gall and brazen temper.

Fenicia shrugged.

“This power you have doesn’t make you invincible and even with all those cloaked Centurions around us wouldn’t save you from an aneurysm to the brain.” She said with conviction.

Fenicia has become a rather powerful psionic, from Idunn’s report on her abilities she could use her Telekinesis to feel space around her. This was a glaring flaw to the stealth technology that my R&D and Fa should be working on correcting. The fact that she could kill me with such subtlety with ability did cross my mind.

“Cia, don’t play her games, please. Let’s just enjoy eating ok?” Right on point to defuse the situation, like me, Fa was used to that kind of confrontation and exercised subtle control on her lover.

“Ok. But I had to warn her.” The Saryan girl nodded.

But I couldn’t leave it just like that, thinking she had the last word. This is not my style to let things as they were, her thinking she was on top and having the moral high ground.

“I really do like you Fenicia, but I hate being threatened.” I let my gaze roll over the Saryan female menacingly.

I felt Fenicia’s body tensing, preparing for battle, she looked at me defiantly. There are less and fewer people wanting to do so, how long has it been? Years? She really was from a warrior race.

“I will let it go; the next time you do though, I might need to teach you a lesson.”

It was a promise, she still looked at me but I think from the way Fa put a hand on hers to hold her back that she was made to understand this. I don’t play around, I like my games but I can also get serious when it counts.

Smiling back at the two of them I said.

“Anyway, yes let’s eat; We need to speak about what Idunn found on Vanir.”

An attractive Asian woman wearing a Chinese traditional dress entered the dragon room bowed to us and following her rolling trays with food stacked on them appeared.

15