1.03 Its time for combat training.
116 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“This spear art was too easy for the great Goro instructor, should have given me something harder.” Goro boasted while twirling the spear with one hand. Though his hand hurt a bit due to spear’s weight, he didn’t mind as the pain receptors ingame were only 10% compared to reality so this was much easy to handle. Though it would be a lie to say he was not close to suffering a crippling condition.

“Oh it was easy for you?… then lets see how good accomplished you are with spear.” The Instructor chided, getting annoyed by Goro’s tone.

“Though we gotta wait for a bit, all arena’s are occupied for a moment. You still have some time before getting your ass beaten.”

“It’s fine, the great Goro knows the virtue of patience, he can let the morsels prove themselves first.” Goro replied as he moved his head toward the arenas.

As the instructor said, all the arenas were occupied. He was able to see lots of players struggle to fight of the first time in their life and soon he also found Bunty who much to his surprise majored daggers.

He thought Bunty will go the archer route with his low amount of stamina, but it seems he was wrong.

“Well an arena was just emptied, lets go.” The spear instructor called out to Goro who was still watching other players trying to learn something from them.

He was like them too, he also haven’t ever fought in real life so he was scared a bit inside too. But channeling in his spirit of Goro that he came up during character building screen, Goro followed the instructor into arena and got ready with the basic stance.

-Quest update: Tutorial [3/3]

Complete 2 objective to end tutorial.

Objective 1: Strike your Instructor 5 times through any method you know.
Objective 2: Dodge 3 strikes from your instructor.
Objective 3: Parry 3 strikes from your instructor.

“Now its time!” Goro was pumped up even though he held some fears inside. There were too many people in the combat hall and he doesn’t want legend of Goro Skullmasher to end in its infancy.

“BEGIN!!” With a shout from the instructor the fight began.

Goro didn’t rush to put in some stabs, he maintained some distance as he had seen in movies and games waiting for his instructor to attack first.

And as the instructor didn’t want to waste much time on this mock training, he started with a simple stab at Goro’s head. Though the spear used by the instructor was made up of wood and had a bunt en instead of a pointed one, Goro still knew that if the stab connected it will cause him harm.

He also found during his fight that he had forgotten everything about foundational spear techniques.

The system could only help when he followed at least basic move of the spear art and system will fix his posture, but when in front of live combat, he was faced with reality of going limp.

Out of instinct he used his spear as a baton and struck the spear of the instructor away causing a loud sound to ring out.

The spear instructor himself looked surprised as his hand was shaking in pain, this much strength was not something a rookie like Goro should possess.

“This is getting interesting.” The spear instructor though as he changed his primary hand as his left hand was still in shock due to Goro’s strike.

And Goro didn’t wait for the instructor to manage, the moment he saw he did something really amazing, he jumped in as confidence started bubbling in his heart.

Though still not following the spear arts registered in in combat arts window, each of Goro’s strike caused the instructor to back off.

Goro lacked any technique, but he filled it with his brute strength and the weight of the Apprentice training spear he was using.

“Bwahaha!! This is how great Goro fights, The spear arts you taught me were weak.” Goro mocked as he used the spea… heavy iron rod and kept smashing at the instructor., not giving him any chance to recover as he sweated due to the heat caused by his body movements.

His bizarre fight already attracted gazes from other instructors and players who were in the combat hall.

Bunty’s own fight ended too, though he lost, he was not much disappointed as it was common for players to be stuck on third tutorial. He planned to stay here for a while and practice against other players before going out, maybe even train against the shameless Goro.

Though the moment he heard the annoying laughter filled with over confidence, he turned his head toward the source and came close to cursing. Bunty felt like he ate shit.

The instructor seemed to be toyed with, Goro’s own 1st objective was completed too and he only needed to defend or dodge his instructor’s strikes to complete the tutorial completely.

Bunty can’t believe someone who just started the game could fight this well. But what he didn’t know, Goro was just a giant kid flailing a stick. Though no one will complain as it seemed to work with Goro.

“Now this feels like someone who abandoned mental stats.” Bunty may be surprised, but he can anticipate why Goro possessed such strength in tutorial stage, though the late game may get harder for Goro, early part will be smooth.

On the arena, the Instructor himself was getting embarrassed, he never would have thought to be played around like this by an amateur who didn’t even treat his spear properly. The arena made it so he was permanently stuck on level 2 during training sessions, so being suppressed by brute strength was not odd.

He was only waiting for an opening, if he can get out of this lock he would be able to make a comeback. And it seemed the god heard his words, as Goro slipped a bit to side due to his own sweat on the ground.

The instructor got out of the lock and turned to stab his spear at Goro’s neck. But something even more bizarre happened, before he can follow up on his plan. Goro shouted.

“Ah fuck!… I slipped!!” Goro didn’t just slip, due to his momentum he slid hard with his massive body and fell on top on the instructor crushing him in the process, if the instructor didn’t move out of the way to counteract, he would have been safe.

But now the massive body of Goro fell on top of him causing him to fall back head first.

-Congratulations! You are the first in history to defeat your trainer and make him faint through a bizarre spear technique, the game as acknowledged your unique achievement.

-Calculating gift based on achievement.
-Calculation complete.

-Your foundational Spear arts have been upgraded to Goro’s Bizarre Spear technique[unique/incomplete]

-You have learned an incomplete technique, complete your technique to earn more rewards.

-You have learned a unique technique, teach it to others to gain fame, but the technique will lose its unique status.

- Quest: Tutorial has ended.
Reward:
+100exp, Crude Iron spear has been added to inventory and Glossary of beast and monster has been opened.

“WTF!” Goro shouted, as he looked down at the instructor who was bleeding from the back of his head.

“WTF! This luck!” Bunty was the most surprised, he didn’t know he history in the making, though a bit bizarre.

“WTF! Jerry fainted again, Godlie where you at.” Other instructors shouted as well while dragging the healer to the arena. It seemed even though the spear instructor Jerry was somewhat famous for fainting, this event was still a surprise to them.

*****

“Ho! Ho! I told you I Goro am awesome, a mere instructor is nothing against my spear skills.”

During the aftermath of the bizarre scene Goro created, he came to learn how awesome him defeating an instructor actually is. It usually takes at the very least 3 tries to complete their objectives before they get the right to leave the trainee area. But Goro created a miracle, more like it was his stupid luck.

“Don’t laugh, any player can see that you put all your points into strength and constitution, even you traits probably boost those stats. Man this may make early levels easier, but later ones will be hard to manage. This is like a hardcore pokemon game with more freedom, you need to have skills that support your future companion beast.” Bunty explained in case Goro was an amateur. He thought it was still the first day and Goro can make a character without loosing much.

“Oh! Little Bunty do you take Goro for a fool and besides companion beast are more like support for the actual hero, they don’t need to fight for I will fight for them. All they need to do is support me.”

This was Goro’s way of saying the path/build he was going to take. He was not going to use any of the combat beast as companions, instead focusing on those beast that boost the strength of the player instead.

For Bunty who used to be like Goro, he understood what he meant. So he just nodded.

“Well up to you then, if you ever thought to changing your character, you can store your items with me, I will safeguard them.” Bunty offered.

“HaHa! I appreciate your offer, If something goes awry with my current body, I will require your help then.” Goro accepted the offer too, he doesn’t know what the future might entail, he was in the game for fun that he was getting a lot already. But if the game itself starts to make him struggle due to his poor choices, changing bodies won’t be that bad.

“Well then Goro will be leaving, come out fast Little Bunty, Goro won’t wait for long.”

“Yeah Yeah I get it. Just give me 2 in game days.” BuntyBomb ignored him and went to the training area.

“Good luck little Insect!”

“Fuck yo ass you lucky bastard.”

*****

After completing his training, Goro earned 10 copper coins and 10 pieces of ration packs. This was the gift by Pioneer guild to those that join it.

This was a monthly income of a pioneer and the only way to increase is to upgrade your pioneer ID through hunting more powerful monster and opening new areas.

Goro didn’t act stupid after being alone, though he still carried the foolish and haughty smile, he walked at a slow pace while watching other players who had been here for longer time.

He was not going to join a team, or it was more like Goro can not beg to join a team himself, unless a team comes and fall upon his feet, then Goro can consider the offer.

He was just looking at the shops with most player activity and marking the down in his head for when he gets some money.

Reaching a small food stall, Goro bought some insta soup packets. These packets can even be used along blood of non-poisonous beast when in the wild and make it edible soup. He planned to combo it together with his dried rations for maximum effect.

One rarely wasted their money first 10 copper on food though, as most would buy medicines and anti-venoms.

But due to Goro’s trait of Glutton and lack of free food from the Pioneer Trainer hall. Goro planned to play safe and bring enough food with him during his first hunt.

He needed to get used to combat before Bunty comes out or his act of tough guys may crumble.

He also needed to find a place where no one can see him or notice him make any mistake.

While chomping down on some dried meat from ration pack, Goro left the small town and moved further away from civilization in search for his optimal hunting ground.

And after 2 hrs of searching, but finding most of the areas already occupied by other players, Goro found his perfect spot. The place he chose had no one in the area for the reason being, the beast in this area didn’t have any good skills nor did they provided any good amount of experience, they were only good for their meat.

As for what area was it?

-You have entered the territory of Wild Cloud bunny. Beware, they are territorial animals.

6