Chapter: 4
978 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter: 4 Insignia

I got some motivation, so I’ll try my best and fix this part and continue on while editor is having a brain seizure from editing the previous chapter. 1 Author: Hey gill Gil: I hate you Author: thank you for that. I wasn’t expecting that. Considering that I couldn’t see the edit until he sends it to me afterwards = Meaning I couldn’t reply XD

 “What’s… this? A scissor blade?”Questioned Tina. Sadly, no one had answered her question and silence had befallen; Once a black-ish sheen, now a Complete dark one. From its looks, it also had the same color as Tina’s hair, Black as obsidian with a tinge of dark purple indigo representing the Blade’s sharp side.

The blade gave off an ominous aura begging to be held. With a *Gulp* Tina reached the sword’s handle as if it was the most normal in the world.
“Wait Tina! Maybe it’s still moving. Try Stay away from it!” shouted Vivi, trying to pull Tina away from the black scissor. Tina however, was captivated from the Blade’s Exterior design and hadn’t even took notice of Vivi’s pleas.
Kris sat there, mindless, looking at the two as Vivi trying to pull Tina away and Tina, pulling herself back into it.

A loud noise rang in the village, alerting everyone to come back and hide in their shelters. Follow by that, Albert came back with his uncle in tow, exhausted, slumped down with a thud on the ground upright.
“What happened?” Albert’s Uncle worriedly exclaimed.
“Uncle, The sword suddenly attacked Tina and injured her arm” Vivi told Albert’s Uncle.
“And so?! What had happened to the sword!?” he once again asked the four.

As if knowing this, Tina’s consciousness snapped back into reality and looked over the situation. Tina then picked the black blade lying on the ground and presented the blade into Albert’s uncle; her injuries, bare as it bled creating an unusual spiral like pattern on her forearm and on her palm.

Vivi gasped for a moment and then immediately used the water from the pail Tina brought a while ago and tore a part of her skirt to use as a wipe to clean Tina’s bloody arm.

“This Uncle, It changed and morphed into this thing I am holding now” She bravely showed the black scissor blade arm in arm in front of Albert’s uncle.
“That’s-! Where did you get your hands on that Albert!?”
“““On your workshop!””” all three girls in unison said so.2 (Gil: wait wasn't it albert’s fathers? I'm confused) (Author: Was it? I didn’t checked. :P

Albert’s uncle sighed as he massaged his temple, begging the girls to not speak of this again. Then, after a while Albert’s Uncle then asked Tina to hand over the Black blade. In so, Tina did as she was told to but right when Albert’s Uncle was about to touch the black blade, it vanished midair and left particles of light.

“I may think this is an Epic Tier sword. A cursed one at the least” Albert’s Uncle sighed deeply as a look of worry and regret loomed over his chiseled old face. 
“What’s an Epic sword?” Tina questioned Albert’s uncle whilst she tried to look over for the sword.

“It’s a sword made in the legends, and only a few survived, lest not most of it became cursed weapons as the time passed”
“eh?” Tina surprised said so.

An epic sword is a sword manufactured by master craftsmen’s that had evolved into a couple of stages before reaching the current Tier. Some say only a few of them had made into the Legend Tier realm and or, most of them became buried in history as it amassed  people’s agony and resentment, turning into what’s known as a Cursed weapon.

“Try to use Scan on your arm, it will show the sword’s stats along with its curse” Pointing his fingers into Tina’s arms, left with a black mark as Vivi had already poured a bottle of Healing potion brought by Albert’s Uncle. It was like a spiral, a snake or a vortex, whatever you may call it. It was just just that peculiar and weird.

Then just as he said so, Tina casted a simple Scan into her arm.

Blood-Rose Insignia Cursed
(Lowers users AGI by 200)
(Lowers users STR by 420)
(Lowers users MAGIC by 0)

(To suck Life blood and Strengthens the curse)
(Unknown- Unknown- Unknown- Unknown)
[modern_foonote] Author: this is just a good excuse for me to think later for the effects. [/modern_footnote]

Tina, feeling sick slumped on the ground with a thud while Kris hurriedly came into her rescue and tried to alleviate Tina’s pain. It didn’t came from the mark the sword left on her hand, however. It came from the Scan she had held on her arms which then Information overflowed into her mind.

Her face flushed out, was sweating heavily and the color on her face draining as the time passed.
“Shit is the curse that strong!?” Exclaimed Albert’s Uncle, which he then used the same technique Tina had used and analyzed the sword mark on her left right arm.

Likewise, Like Tina, he too found himself in the same predicament as Tina was in and slumped on the ground holding his head in pain.
“What is happening to these two? Is it because of this mark on her arm?” Vivi shouted whilst she Flipped Albert’s uncle sideways, meanwhile albert then found himself speechless as he was the cause of the whole incident in the first place.

“Mm its fine I’ve got it under control” said Kris as she lifted arms in the arm, deploying another one of her secret techniques she had created herself. Argo

A thin sheet of magic fibers extended from her palms which then made a dome containing them in it.
“What are you doing, Kris?” Vivi asked Kris as she raised her arms in the air, waving them as puffs of light came out of from Tina’s and Albert’s Uncle’s bodies.

“Mm I am just sealing the effects of the scan” Kris calmly said so. Actually, Kris’s mark’s abilities was about an ability the church didn’t have in their data base, and even once re considered to mark her as a pass, but due to current pope’s judgment at the time, marked her as a failure for breaking the abbadon’s collection.

A device used by the Church-Dom, the central holy land located just west of the Kingdom of Altair.

“But didn’t the church mark your ability as useless?” Vivi said flabbergasted.  Though, As Vivi was saying, she does have a point in that. But Abilities KrisTina as a whole wasn’t really an Ability the masse knows about. It was a Gift, likewise, the gift she had requested from Lunaria, The god and overseer of the world they live in.

“Whatever they say.” Kris replied looking uninterested and emotionless as ever. And so, because of her ability, Seal, her emotions were sealed in the expense, all the more regarding her ability as a Failure into the eyes of the Church.

Then, after Kris had activated her Mark’s power which made the mark in her eyes glow, the two people’s breathing calmed down and soon they woke up again feeling fine. Seeing this, Kris felt fulfilled while Vivi, speechless.

“What happened you three?” Albert’s Uncle, the last one who scanned Tina’s sword mark awoke first questioned the trio.
“You, Uncle, fainted alongside with Tina after scanning the Mark on her arms” Vivi said so, and after a while a realization came into Albert’s Uncles mind.

“Ah the curse: quickly! It’s sucking Tina’s Blood as of now as we speak we must remove it now immediately “Shouted Albert’s Uncle.
“Don’t worry Uncle Zell. Tina’s mark ability is called Annulment, any curse or anything harmful to her will be countered by her ability.” Kris emotionlessly said so.
“It wouldn’t cause her harm, But the Sword’s Effects might appear on her bias” Again, Kris said so in a monotone robotic emotionless voice.

“How did you know that?” Albert’s Uncle, or should we say, Uncle Zell’s head tilted whilst he rubbed his bearded chin.
“Ummm. . . Yeah . . .  “Feeling speechless, Kris curled her small body into a small corner in the bushes.

“Anyway forget about it. We must go back now, there is a warning notice coming from the village we must hide in the shelters” Uncle Zell stood up from his position and looked over the direction of the Village. After which he then bent over and grabbed the fainted Tina, Kris however stared at him, watching every one of his movements making sure Tina is in no harm whatsoever.

“Ca-calm down little missy, we’re just carrying her back okay?” Uncle Zell said so in a stutter. Though, as if Kris heard nothing, she just then observed Uncle Zell the whole way as they walked back into the village.

***

Everyone had arrived near the entrance when Kristina’s Mother came running at them at full speed and disrupted their walk. Tina with a bandaged arm hid behind of Vivi, trying her best to hide her body behind Vivi’s small frame.

“Seriously you two “KrisTina’s mother worriedly sighed, “I thought I’d lost you both “she hugged the two tightly and cried on their shoulders. Tina, felt sad and rubbed her mother’s back as a sorry. Kris hugged back.

“Sorry mother” Tina spoke, feeling depressed. “It’s fine. All that matters is that you both are okay” while brushing Tina’s hair to show her face, their mother said to them.

Then after a while, “wait, are you okay, Tina? Does it hurt?” she grabbed Tina’s arm and looked at her wound. It was deeply concerning, as her face became dim whilst she looked at Tina’s arm and whispered to herself.

“What is it mother?” Tina asked as her head tilted sideways.
“No, it’s nothing. “ Mother smiled. 

 

“Anyway, Zell!What happened to her arm!?” Mother yelled at Uncle Zell straight into his ears loud, looking fairly annoyed and angry. She grabbed Zell’s shirt and tiptoed until she was able to eye to eye him. 
“It’s not my fault Mina. Calm down!” Trying to push Mother away, or rather Mina, away from her grasp.

“ I need answers. What happened to my little baby!?” Mother Squeezed Zell’s clothes and choked him. Tina felt embarrassed by her mother’s remarks and tried to interfere, but she was interrupted by a loud bang.

“Hey mo-“*BANG*

Kris, immediately moved and rose up her hands, spreading thin thin threads naked into the human eyes; formed a barrier that protected the whole village’s proximity, just barely avoiding the catastrophic shockwave that followed soon after. It was like a tsunami, it brought destruction that gouged the earth around and splattered bits of wood. It was as if a meteorite had stricken the face of the planet, blasting apart its very crust away.

The ground shook, everyone fell on their knees, ducked up trying to cover up themselves from the debris. Confused and panicked, Vivi grabbed Kris’s hem and asked her.
“Wha- What was that thing!?” shouted, trembling in disbelief and fear. Sweat enveloped her body, soaking her dress in her own lipids. 3 Author: did I already write this something on c3 or something? Gil: no I don't think so
“it may be nearby, hush” In a monotone and dead pan voice, Kris told Vivi without a clear reply. Vivi was unsatisfied with Kris’s short answer, but was hushed in her lips as a stomp came crush down like an earthquake.

“What do you know Kris” Mother and Uncle Zell, both stood undisturbed by the commotion asked Kris.
“It’s the monster. It has moved” She pointed the part of the sky; far-far into the horizon a big body of a winged animal was standing tall as sky high rises. 

Then after that, another strong shockwave shook them and blasted off the trees from their thick, strong roots. Luckily, Kris had already foreseen this and had prepared her barrier in advance to counter the deadly effects of the aftershocks. 

“Is this your Ability Kris?” Mother reluctantly asked Kris whether or she was using one of her inborn Abilities, the Marks. Although at the time birth, these marks were without any kind of power. Though, as they grow up these mark’s amass the child’s inherent abilities and manifest into a thing they call as “Insignias”. These insignias appear from each person’s body, wherever and whenever.

Kris right eye glowed dim; a weird shaped emblem appeared in her right eye.It was unknown what kind of ability it had, but the officials marked her as failure. Thus, her mark was designated as a weak useless ability.

Although, Now that Kris had performed her abilities out in the open, Her mother had found out her little secret. Trying to suppress the glow in her right eye, Kris tried to focus on the task at hand and adjusted the barrier’s shape every second to prevent the debris from breaking in the barrier she had deployed.

“Kris, talk to me” Mother walked closer to Kris.
“Ma! Don’t disturb Kris! “Tina came to intervene, but mother just walked and grabbed Kris’s shoulder and made her look her in the eye forcefully. Her right eye was glowing, that was for sure. For years Kris’s had hid it, her mother had just found out her secret.

“Kris.. What’s with your eyes…“ Kris eyes was blank, Colorless, there isn’t any light coming from her eyes. 4 Author: roughly speaking about the life in your eyes. Gil: I still don't get it. Author: Neither do i.
“ Mom. . .” Tina stopped for a moment and thought for a little.
“yeah- Yeah! It’s the effect from the insignia!” Tina started

What the heck did I just write this time? I’m confused. Combining both of the chapters was a bad idea.
Tina: Yeah I agree
Author: Do you get it now!?
Kris: I don’t get it
Author: Ofc you do! Your just 2d characters in my mind rn.
Mother: Ara- ara, Why am I in the ending sequence?

18