Situation of the Uzumaki Clan
18.1k 28 513
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuna was currently sitting in her private room and in front of her sat a middle-aged woman with neck-long red hair and blue eyes. Despite only looking middle-aged, she was almost 70 years old by now and the oldest, still-living member of the Uzumaki clan if Yuna's past life and her fake persona were to be excluded.

"That concludes my report about the reaction of Konoha's people to the reestablishment of our clan. Do you wish to hear about our clan's finances now, Yuna-sama?"

Her name was Akane Uzumaki and she was one of the very few Uzumaki clan members with a stoic personality instead of the rather brash and outgoing character most Uzumaki have. She was one of the first Uzumaki to return to Konoha and Yuna has pretty much-thrown everything at her that had anything to do with making and spending money. The moment Yuna released her first book, she pretty much stopped spending even a single thought about financial issues.

"I would rather not, but since today is a big day, let's hear about it."

"Yes, Yuna-sama."

Akane knew that Yuna had no interest in stuff like this, so she kept the report short and concise. First, a report that a massive number of her two new books have been pre ordered and that the cost of production has already been covered by the pre ordered sales.

Yuna scoffed at that and considered simply releasing two empty books to teach these people a lesson not to buy something before they can see the finished product, but decided against it. She might want to create more bribing material in the future, so losing people's trust was not a good idea right now.

The next report was about the Uzumaki clan's sealing businesses. Quite a few older members of the Uzumaki clan still learned how to use seals in Uzushiogakure. While they were in Uzushiogakure, their skills were nothing great, but now that knowledge of sealing is getting more and more sparse, quite a few of them are considered as skilled seal masters.

The result of that is that most of Konoha's businesses that dealt with seals, either went out of business because their seals were of inferior quality to what the Uzumaki could produce or hire, at that time still disguised, members of the Uzumaki clan to produce seals for them.

The result? Around 95% of all seals used by Konoha's shinobi force are created by the Uzumaki clan and by now, even the surrounding countries started buying seals from the Uzumaki clan. The Daimyo of the Land of Fire even increased the taxes on exporting seals and yet the surrounding nations still obediently handed over their money. Yuna considered whether she should sneak into the Daimyo's palace and "accidentally '' assassinate him for that stunt, but a combination of Hinata, Naruto, and Akane managed to convince her not to do so.

Due to earning quite a bit of money with her books, Yuna told Akane to invest in whatever she deemed worthwhile investing into while using Yuna's money freely. Funnily enough, this actually resulted in her investing some money into Ichiraku Ramen. Naruto almost died of happiness when he heard that Teuchi would be opening a branch store inside the soon to be opened Uzumaki compound.

There were some more reports of a few Uzumaki members opening decently successful stores, but Akane skipped them, knowing that Yuna wouldn't be too interested.

"That concludes the financial report, Yuna-sama. My final report is about the relocation of the Uzumaki clan members into the new Uzumaki compound."

"Haha, finally! What do you have?"

Finding enough buyable land inside Konoha that could house over 100 Uzumaki was no easy feat. Or that was at least what Akane expected to be the case, but there was actually the perfect piece of land for the Uzumaki clan. The abandoned Senju clan compound.

After doing some research, Akane found out that the only remaining Senju was Tsunade Senju who is currently busy gambling everything she owns away and getting drunk. She has been doing so for quite a long time now and has been selling parts of the Senju compound to get her hands on more money. By now, almost the whole compound has been sold. Although it was quite a pain to find the people it was sold to, Akane managed to find almost all of them and bought the land from them.

When she told Yuna about buying the Senju compound, Naruto was actually present as well. Akane still shivered in terror when she remembered what Naruto's face looked like when Yuna told him that he can come up with the schematics for the compounds protective barrier if he wants to.

Apparently, Naruto locked himself in his room for a whole week after that and when he reemerged, the black bags under his eyes almost reached his mouth. When Yuna saw the seal array Naruto had developed, she apparently complimented it as being "pretty devious", so Akane didn't even dare to ask what kind of monstrosity Naruto had created that day.

"In conclusion, the new Uzumaki compound is ready. We will now begin to slowly start moving all the Uzumaki clan members, who want to move, to the new compound. This will probably be done by the end of the year, however, quite a lot of members would like to have a gathering of the whole clan before the relocation starts. Although most of them have seen you and Naruto-sama during the chunin exam, they still hope that you could hold some kind of speech to make the reestablishment more official."

Truth be told, Akane expected Yuna to deny this request immediately, but to her surprise, Yuna shrugged her shoulders and agreed.

"Sure, why not? I guess quite a few of them still don't know where exactly this is going, while a few of them might even harbor some anger towards Konoha, huh. That is fine, I will resolve all questions they may have. There are a lot of things that need to be said and explained, after all. When do you want to hold the gathering? I will have to leave Konoha for a few weeks soon."

Although Akane was dumbfounded for a while when Yuna actually agreed to hold a speech, she quickly composed herself and started looking through a small notebook she had with her.

"How about at the end of this week, will that be fine, Yuna-sama?"

"Sure, that's fine. By the way, there is no need to keep this a secret, I am sure there are quite a few Uzumaki clan members that are currently being shadowed by a certain someone. Don't worry about that and just have all the members gather..."

Yuna's smile widened as a bloodthirsty gleam appeared in her eyes.

"Let's see if that insect dares to make a move, and if he does, hehe. I really hope he dares."

Akane shivered a little when she saw Yuna's bloodthirsty smile, but didn't say anything about it. She has been interacting with Yuna for a while now and has somewhat gotten to understand her personality and the way she thought.

Truth be told, when Yuna gave her quite a bit of money to make investments without any strings attached, Akane thought she was incredibly naïve. By now, however, she realized that she was being tested that day. A simple test of trust. Yuna handed her money and told her to spend it in a way she deemed reasonable. Akane could have probably even squandered it all away and Yuna still wouldn't have said anything about it. By investing it properly, she earned Yuna's trust and is now someone that manages the whole Uzumaki clan, a position she greatly enjoys having.

All of this was, naturally, a complete misunderstanding. Yuna never cared about money, so she gave it to someone who should be able to have some use for it. Reading a person's character was very easy for Yuna, so she knew from the start what kind of person Akane was and that she would do a good job. No matter how little Yuna cared about money, she wouldn't give a large percentage of it to a person she didn't have at least some trust in.

As for the speech she would have to hold, she would, naturally, use it to fan the flames under Danzo in the hopes that he would finally do something to expose himself.

513