BLBL Newsletter [26] : July 2023
66 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

08_banner_2023.png

BLBL Newsletter - July 2023

Welcome all to the July 2023 edition of the Brilliant Library of Boys Love Newsletter! We have a lot of exciting announcements this time~

 

By the way, did you notice the sad chibis in the Newsletter header?

Announcement

Do you want chibis of your BL characters drawn?  If you have a finished or regularly updating novel with over 20k words, you can fill out this form to have a chibi of your main couple drawn and included in the newsletter banner!

 

The contents of this newsletter are as follows:

  1. BL Palace's Annual Grand Banquet - August 12th 2023
  2. Camp BLWriMo in July
  3. BL Zine: submissions are open!
  4. BL author news
  5. Newly completed original BL novels on Scribble Hub (May 2023, June 2023)
  6. OG BL novel recommendations
  7. General BL News
  8. Fun corner
  9. Housekeeping for BL Palace
  10. Acknowledgements

1. BL Palace's Annual Grand Banquet - August 12th 2023

The BL Palace's Annual Grand Banquet for 2023 is fast approaching!

image.png

image.png

Listen to the advertisement here!

We will post the schedule, but until then, note that it will start on Saturday 12th August at 8.00 am GMT and end at 8.00 pm (20:00) GMT. It will be hosted on our discord server, so see you there!

 

Return to Contents


2. Camp BLWriMo in July

We've been running a second Camp BLWriMo (BL writing month) this July, on our discord server. Based on Camp NaNoWriMo, each writer chooses their own writing goals for the month of July.

Most goals involved a minimum number of words per day, from 50 words to 250 words, but there were some "in total" goals too. We hope everyone was motivated to write!

 

Return to Contents


3. BL Zine: submissions are open!

PumpkinEwe is now taking full submissions for the BL Zine. If you would like to be a part of it make sure you Pumpkin on SH or on discord!

A reminder of what a story needs to be included in the zine:

  1. Story must be active (updated in the past 6 months) or completed.
  2. Its main couple must be male-identifying characters.
  3. All content in story must have proper warnings.
  4. Story must be posted on Scribble Hub. You can have it and related content posted on other websites, but it must also be on Scribble Hub.

The hard deadline is August 31st! If you're interested, please submit asap!

 

Return to Contents


4. BL author news

Announcement
PumpkinEwe's Arc 2 Q&A for Romance of the Cursed Knight is upon us! Ask away on whatever platform you read it on!
[BL] Romance of the Cursed Knight

Romance of the Cursed Knight

In progress | 79k | 30 ch | Action, Boys Love, Fantasy, Mature, Romance, Smut
 
Shafir is a knight who was cursed and has a strained relationship with his captain, who was his teenage classmate as a squire. He lives with this crippling anxiety that everyone thinks he's out to get them because of a curse that this evil, although heartbroken, dark elf put on him. Because of this anxiety, he sees his captain's romantic intentions toward him as not romantic but somehow a way to piss him off on purpose. So due to this miscommunication, he HATES his captain, but secretly has repressed his love for his captain and has mistaken it for anger.
 
 
Announcement
DeepGloomySunlight would like to promote Cutting_Bamboo's Carnations in Rain (check out the OG BL novel recommendations section for more details) and Elder_Huang's Don’t Forget The General:
 
Don’t Forget The General [bl]

Don’t Forget The General

In progress | 1k | 2 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Historical, Martial Arts, Supernatural, Tragedy

Qingtan was someone with no regrets. He had no one to mourn for him and no one to weep.
Yet Qiang An was different. He yearned for something he could never have.
Then, the most pathetic of them all must be QingLei.
Such a coward who would rather face death then retribution. A coward with a long list of regrets.
and yet this coward was the one most mourned for by his people and his unit.

Dear Duzhe,
I will be waiting for you at dawn.

 

 

Announcement

While you're check out novels, also check out DeepGloomySunlight's My story came to life today. From the author:

A writer transmigrates into his own work!
This story untangles the complications and problems of adolescence, as well as the ugliness and acceptance of truth, death, and life.

As an author, One may think 'Oh I know all clichés so I won't fall for them!' But the silly author doesn't realise that another is also writing his life. This is a article that is like a joke played by me to the MC. But he seems too pitiful so I want to give him some sweet moments.

My story came to life today

My story came to life today

In progress | 4.3k | 7 ch | Adventure, Boys Love, Comedy, Drama, Martial Arts, Psychological, Slice of Life, Supernatural

As a miner writer, transmigrating into his own book had been a heavenly blessing for him.

Death does not matter as long as i cross over!
Seeing, feeling and hearing. Watching the world which has become reality, who knows this world better then i?

The misunderstandings i created unfolded, The layers of mask i gave them were never uncovered , the stories i tugged away pulled at my heart.

The person i replaced did not receive peace

I regret.
I didnt think someone would answer these names someday

Who would have known attachment was so hurtful?

I'm such a coward

 

 

 

Return to Contents


5. Newly completed original BL novels on Scribble Hub (May 2023, June 2023)

Here are the original BL novels that were completed in May 2023:

[BL] Second Male Lead to One, Male Lead to Another

 

Second Male Lead to One, Male Lead to Another by yansusustories

514.2k | 477 ch | Boys Love, Comedy, Romance, Slice of Life

Security guard Li Ming is still trying to heal from the disaster that was his love confession for his coworker Su Yan. But that time of heartbreak is quickly interrupted when his boss’ son Mo Fang barges into his life, taking over everything from his locker at work to his couch at home.
Faced with the crazy beauty that crossed the word ‘no’ out of his personal dictionary, resistance is futile and Li Ming can only bow down to fate and accept that his own beautiful love story is just about to unfold.
Blackbox

 

Blackbox by Spirit

2.8k | 1 ch | Adult, Boys Love, Fantasy

In the dark city of Hanrow, lies a story told never before.
Your Picture On My Phone (The Scar Series — Book One)

 

Your Picture On My Phone (The Scar Series — Book One) by thesamhensley

26k | 17 ch | Boys Love, Romance

A snowbound airport. Two teenage boys. Unspoken Feelings. —

The last time Asher saw Conor, he outed him in front of his friends and pushed him into a swimming pool. Not because he hated him. But he was young, felt betrayed, and didn't know how to handle his anger. Two and a half years later, now living on different coasts, they find each other again in an airport. Thanks to a snowstorm, they are trapped and decide to spend the night together. Will they manage to leave the past behind them and confront their deeply buried feelings for one another, or will they lose each other forever?

Meeting Papa

 

Meeting Papa by Jlatona42

4.7k | 1 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Slice of Life

This is a short story set in the world of my upcoming novel, Master of None. It's just a little trifle about parenting. The setting/characters are medieval/fantasy with magic and some steampunk elements.

A young father tells his children about how he met his spouse.

How to survive the worst novel ever written

 

How to survive the worst novel ever written

450.7k | 88 ch | Adult, Boys Love, Comedy, Drama, Historical, Isekai, Mystery, Romance, Slice of Life

Oscar has spent a great deal of his time reading romance novels in order to be able to criticize them on his website. Everything seems to be going well for him, since he´s got a large number of followers who support him, make reading recommendations and are delighted with his way of attacking unoriginal works.
But what would happen if Oscar suddenly transmigrated into one of those novels he criticized?
What if he landed right into the worst of them all?
No, more than that... What would happen if he reincarnated as the cannon fodder fated to die by the hands of the villain?

 

 

And here are the original BL novels that were completed in June 2023:

The Dread Scrolls

 

The Dread Scrolls by doravg

207.5k | 192 ch | Action, Adventure, Boys Love, Fantasy, Romance, Supernatural

The Dread, it is aptly named. For, it is the deity of all necromancers. No matter who goes up against it, they ultimately fail. Yet, with each attempt to get rid of it, the world becomes a better place.

This is a collection of books. They are standalone.
Book One: The Healing Touch- complete. 83 chapters
Book Two: Shadow and Necromancy- complete. 48 chapters
Book Three: The Drypond Scrolls- complete, 61 chapters.

Perfect Medicine

 

Perfect Medicine by Peculiar8769

42.6k | 18 ch | Adult, Boys Love, Sci-fi, Smut

August’s own Alpha pheromones are killing him, and he‘s running out of time. His last hope lays in finding an Omega whose pheromones can bond perfectly with his own, but that’s only step one.

Meanwhile, Former Crown Princess Galen has recently killed the man who murdered his husband, and is preparing to face the consequences. Nevertheless, he’s thrown a last-minute lifeline: his execution will be postponed indefinitely as long as he uses his Omega pheromones to treat an Alpha with a rare autoimmune disease.

Are August and Galen bound together by an experimental treatment, a secret relationship, a scandal waiting to happen, or something greater than the sum of its parts?

Battle of Grammar LitRPG

 

Battle of Grammar LitRPG by AuthorsDread

111.6k | 81 ch | Action, Adventure, Boys Love, Ecchi, Fantasy, Isekai, Martial Arts, School Life, Supernatural

In a world where language has the power to create and destroy, Dam Son is an entity brought to life by a powerful sacrifice. As he embarks on a perilous journey to uncover the truth behind his existence, he must face daunting challenges and navigate a strange, scripted world. With a unique blend of LitRPG and fantasy, ‘Battle of Grammar’ will take readers on an epic adventure filled with magic, danger, and the power of words.
[QT] Marrying My Master in Another World

 

Marrying My Master in Another World by K_Jira

128.9k | 85 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Sci-fi

Feared by the world for their unrivalled strength, Bai Liang finally lost his beloved master under the 'justice' of the self-proclaimed righteous sects. As he sought blood and revenge, heaven secured him and locked him up before he caused irreparable destruction to his world and caused it to collapse. It was then he was told that his all-powerful master has escaped the abyss of the underworld and scattered his soul to multiple worlds in the lower realm.

But just as he thought that his master could live a carefree life, heaven didn't let him rest. His master who forcefully reincarnated himself to the worlds where he wasn't fated to exist had tangled the thread of fate and created instability in the world's trajectory. To prevent the collapse of these worlds, Bai Liang agreed to help maintain them, determined to let his master enjoy his life until he dies of old age without any regret.

Bai Liang: Let's focus.
Xue 'sword spirit system' Liang: [Yes, Master!]
A certain master: Baby, I'm here~
Bai Liang: Master! °˖✧ \ (///▽///) / ✧˖°
Xue Liang: [Master, stop climbing Grandmaster's bed QAQ!!]

 

 

 

Return to Contents


6. OG BL novel recommendations

 

 

Carnations in rain by Cutting_Bamboo

In progress | 3 ch | Boys Love, Fantasy, Murder, Tragedy, Vampires

Review by DeepGloomySunlight:

Its a thriller , fantasy, mystery. About a vampire prince(Shou) who is sealed after a very powerful ally turned enemy and a cold and cool bakery worker! (Gong) The chapters are small right now and its still in its beginning process, but it seems very promising. I really like how the chapters are written, specially the first chapter. Its quite poetic.

The plot develops very slowly and it changes between flashbacks and the present.
Its a little confusing, but the root follows a typical 'Vampire origin' kind of line, so people familiar with tropes may understand easily.

Summary:

 

Return to Contents


7. General BL News

 

Red White & Royal Blue's official trailer is now out - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 

 

image.png

Looking for BL visual novel reviews? check out the Boys Love Universe - hat tip to bafflinghaze

 

 

DeepGloomySunlight also has various BL recommendations!

  • A Declaration of Revenge [Manhwa]

A manhwa about a Politician's son, and the reporter who gave away his information at a very critical moment. Cripple his hand used to play piano!

  • Paljae, Child of Winter [Manhwa]

The only surviving son of the king of winter (Gong) X A very talented and ruthless, very wise, Immortal? Blind (Shou).

Munreong finds a strange demon abandoned at the emptiness of world, where neither the living nor the dead may exist. The demon pleads for his life, and in exchange for saving him, attempts to eat Munreong! Together they travel to unravel the past! [And the Future!]

  • Oh No! Here comes trouble [BL CN Drama]:

A Boy who can see ghosts (Gong) X A boy who has been infected to also see ghosts (Shou)

'What have you done to me?! It must be a decease transmitted by you! I must be hallucinating from all the troubles you have given Me!' [Doesn't actually go that way]

They both annoy each other to love! [Or death?]
The dead scream 'Help Me...' The Gong also screams 'Help Me!!!'

 

 

Return to Contents


8. Fun corner

 

Nothing 😢

 

Return to Contents


9. Housekeeping for BL Palace

Twitter

Please directly message the account or message bafflinghaze in order to get something posted or retweeted on the BL Palace twitter account. This includes:

  • promotions of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • fan or official artwork of any original BL novel, either yours or a recommendation
  • Any tweets about more general BL news that you think should also be retweeted

Discord Server

All BL readers and writers are welcome to come join our BL Palace discord server! We have writing sprints, writing help, and much more!

Email Subscription

You can sign up to receive emails to notify you of any new newsletters, interviews, etc. here on the Boys Love Newsletter!

BLBL's Next Newsletter

Help us write the next Newsletter by filling out this form.

 

Return to Contents


10. Acknowledgements

Please thank tiaf for this month's BLBL Newsletter banner. And thank you to all those who submitted items for the newsletter!

 

Return to Contents


And with that, we are done! Hope to see you at the BL Palace's workshop!

And as always

SPRING_DIVIDE_--_BL-ing.png 

 

 
 
 
4