Volume 02: Hammering in my new reality (1)
1k 4 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I wake up the next day, I do my usual routine of making 2 [Copper Ingots], and have breakfast. With that done, I head straight for the Adventurers Guild’s library.

 

Paying the 1 iron coin entry fee, I finally feel a sense of relief that I would finally be able to get information about this world! Now before I start reading, my first order of business is to take a look around and see what they have, this way I can use my time efficiently.

 

Looking around, as I kind of expected, there was not much variety of books in this small library. And obviously they wouldn’t have something as convenient as “Common Sense For Dummies” ha…

 

Putting my disappointment aside, now that I get the gist of what information I can access, I proceed with taking my first few books. The topic in question is geography and history. Spending about an 5 hours skimming through the books. I learned that there are 5 continents in this world, the books did not cover much about the other continents other than their names and some general information. For example, the beastkin originate from [Watchamacallit Continent]...I mean seriously what an odd name for a continent…

 

Other then the basic information about the continents, they had a bit more detail about the continent I am currently on, [Adaress Continent]. It seems this continent has a whopping 87 countries on it. Though most of these countries are rather small.

 

Out of these 87, there are 4 countries which are much larger than the rest. These countries are also the most powerful countries. In order of strength, Hyfa Empire, Avian Kingdom, Zarion Empire and Shargon Kingdom.

 

Right now, I am in the Avian Kingdom and the country I came from seems to be the Hyfa Empire. These two powerhouses seem to share the center of the continent, while Zarion Empire occupies the north, and Shargon Kingdom aka the dwarf kingdom occupies the south.

 

Another important information is while the Avian Kingdom is considered the 2nd strongest country, its situation is a bit unique. Apparently, this country is protected by a deity called the Dragon God, who lives in the Sacred Mountains in this kingdom. In the almost 2000 years this kingdom has existed, it has won and lost many wars, but it has never been the one attacked due to the protection of the Dragon God. So without worrying about defense, it allowed this country to gain a lot of wealth.

 

The information also confirmed that the slavery of beastkin was banned in this country, but is common in other countries. The books also had a few vague maps of this country, which I did my best to memorize.

 

I tried to see if there was any information about skills, production, magic and the like, but unfortunately most of that was rather vague. At best it just tells you this skill exists or what to look out for and etc. It also has basic info on what consumables and items to pack when traveling. After jotting some of it down in my mind, I moved to the next step of looking up information about monsters.

 

In particularly, my interest was about monsters in this area. And as expected, there was a journal documenting the basic information I was looking for.

 

The surroundings of the city of Hallion has 3 points of interest. The first point that I have seen is the forest. In it are 3 dominant monsters. [Forest Goblin] which ranges from level 9 to level 12 for the scouts, and level 10 to 16 for the warriors. While other stronger Goblins to exist, they are mostly remain in their villages located somewhere deeper in the forest and rarely come close to this town.

 

Then there are [Dire Wolves] which range from level 8 to 15. I never got around to seeing the [Red Wolves] back in Diara village, but maybe because I was looking for solo monsters and these travel mostly in packs.

 

Lastly there are [Dire Foxes] which range from level 5 to 10.

 

The next point of interest is the Hallion Mines located to the north. This seems to be where most of the ores come from, and most likely where the [Cave Moss] is located. The mines themselves seem to be pretty huge and lead deep into the mountains. Some of the mines are infested with [Kobolds], with scouts going from level 11 to level 15. Throughout the mountains there is also the danger of [Saber Mountain Lions]. While encountering one is rather rare, the reports say their levels range from around 45 – 55, making them Rank D to C monsters.

 

Finally, the last point of interest is the plains to the south. Monsters there include [Ravenous Coyotes] which go from level 10 to 13, [Horned Rabbits] which range from level 4 to level 9. And lastly, [Venomous Rattlesnakes] which range from level 6 to level 8.

 

Now that I know the composition of the nearby monsters, there are a few I should be able to hunt safely, especially if I get some equipment.

 

I also took a look at information about these monsters, from some of their skills to which parts can be sold. Other then that, I also looked around for information about less common monsters not to get any surprises. I even took general note of monsters from nearby towns just in case.

 

From there, I moved on to reading about all kinds of classes, both combat and non-combat. There wasn’t much information other then a few general things, but regardless it had a lot of useful information that I was looking for.

 

Once I was done compiling this information, already 10 hours had passed since coming here. This leaves me with only about 2 hours till I have to head back for dinner.

 

The final thing I took a look at is information about religion. The last thing I want to do is offend some religion and end up being hanged as a heretic. Unfortunately, due to the small size of the library and most of the books being tailored to adventures, the information was very sparse. Regardless I barely managed to piece some of it together.

 

The biggest religion in the world seems to be something called [Hell’s Dungeon]. Though some insist on calling it [Divine Dungeon] and the like. Interestingly enough, there are actually 2 religions concerning [Hell’s Dungeon]. The first religion sees the Dungeon as some sort of pathway to the gods. So when a person is about to die, or already died, they are lowered to [Hell’s Dungeon] to meet the gods. Some warriors even see it as an honor to die challenging [Hell’s Dungeon].

 

The other religion also worships [Hell’s Dungeon], but in a different way. They also see [Hell’s Dungeon] as a holy place, but in a different way. Instead, criminals and war prisoners are sent into the dungeon as sacrifices for atonement. So while both religions worship the same thing, their views are complete opposite. Ironically, while there have been many arguments between the 2 largest religions, they never actually fought with each other in fear of offending the deity of [Hell’s Dungeon] .

 

According to information, while there are plenty of small dungeons here and there. [Hell’s Dungeon] is a humongous dungeon that can be accessed from almost anywhere in the world. It is said that the monsters in that Dungeon are as powerful as Rank A and above. No person has ever conquered it in history, and some even say it is unconquerable as it is a home of the most powerful deity.

 

Personally, I don’t know about a deity, but that screams “last boss” to me. I really hope the god that reincarnated me does not have any silly plans of sending me there to face that “last boss”. Cause I will decline in a heartbeat! I don’t even want to set foot in that place let alone go face off some all powerful deity.

 

Then there is the Dragon God religion, which is mostly followed by this country, and a few small countries in this region. This religion seems to be pretty straight forward, and personally sounds pretty fishy to me. There are not much customs to this religion really, there is only 1 requirement. Every year, you are required to offer an offering to the Dragon God. The offerings are collected at every town and sent to the Royal Castle. Then it is offered to the Dragon God.

 

How is that not an exploitation scheme?

 

The last major religion is mostly followed by the elves. Not much is written on it, but their subject of warship is the [World Tree] which seems to be located on a large island near [Watchamacallit Continent]. It is said that the [World Tree] is protected by a race called the [Golden Elves]. Not sure how it differs from other elves though…

 

By the time I finished sorting through the information about religion, I only had half an hour left. So I took a look around to see what other general information I could find. One interesting tidbit I learned reminded me how backwards this civilization is in some sense. I mean according to one of the books, this world has 2 suns, and these suns rotate around the planet. Hahahaha...good old Geocentrism, I wonder if they also think the world is flat?

 

On that light note, while giggling at the silliness of the backwards civilization, I make my way out of the library and head back to the [Blacksmithing Guild] for dinner. Tomorrow, I have to give it my all since it will be a Rank C all skills you can eat!

 

With all the excitement, I had trouble sleeping, but in due time, sleep overtook me.

30