Volume 02: The things I must prepare (5)
1k 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This time around, my plan was a tad different. First difference was that I focused on hunting [Dire Foxes], my goal was to get all 5 [Dire Fox Pelts] and 10 herbs all in 1 day. Since my [Item Box] can’t hold everything, I decided to instead forgo most of the [Dire Fox Meat], only taking the most expensive portion of the meat. This way I should be fine. And since at this point I had little use for my MP, I used [Light Magic: Blessing of the Sun] to give myself a slight boost in stats here and there.

 

I also avoided any more level 10 [Dire Foxes]. I could beat them probably with ease as well, but no need to take any unnecessary risk if I don’t have to. I got the timing down perfectly for those using level 2 [Sprint], so killing them has been a piece of cake. By the time I headed back to the guild, I had 5 [Dire Fox Pelts] and 10 herbs in-tow. Unfortunately Mr. Level Up-san did not visit this time around.

 

Of course it is not all bad news… after handing in all the stuff, I managed to earn an astounding 2 silver, 57 iron and 50 copper coins! So now my total balance is 7 silver and 18 iron coins! So my daily earnings have increased by quite a lot!

 

The sad part to all this though is despite all that effort, even a belt made of bronze costs over 3X more than my entire savings! I don’t know if I should feel happy about my potential future, or upset at how much effort I put into it to get so little...

 

And like last time, I again sign up for the Church’s repeatable quest. This will be my last chance in a while to grab as many magics as I can!

 

Starting after tomorrow, I will once again receive my smelting quotas. And then, the following day, is my private lesson with an Advance Disciple. From then on, I probably won’t have much free time since I have to prepare for the competition which is right around the corner.

 

After the usual dinner and a good nap, the next day came and I again headed for the Church.

 

This time around, I came about 15 minutes earlier to see if I could manage something prior.

 

Surprisingly, Anderson was standing in the back yard, chatting with the dogkin Rex. Not surprising was the content of the chat. Though Rex seems to be actually revering Anderson looking at it from the side…

 

Anyways, time to tug my spell pinata!

 

“Hey there Anderson! Can you show me that awesome light spell again? But this time make it as bright as you can?” I interject in their pointless conversation.

 

Glad to show off, an enthusiastic smile appeared on his face at my request.

 

“No Problem! Something like that is easy for someone of my calibur ... [Light Magic: Light]!” he shouted as a ball of bright light appeared.

 

Your sub-skill [NA][Light Magic: Light] has become Level 2

 

Everyone should be like NPC Anderson!

 

He then continued his monologue bragging about himself over and over. Since Rex was there and eating up his words, I little by little slip out and watch something more exciting, like grass growing?

 

I wonder if he will fall for “that”. After waiting 5 minutes for my cooldown to wear off. I proceed with the plan.

 

You have taken 5 damage.

 

“Ouch! I injured myself… If only there was someone capable of casting a healing spell!” I exclaim with assist of [Voice Manipulation].

 

“Hmph! Have no fear, something like that is nothing for someone with my great abilities!” Anderson announced.

 

Must… resist… urge... to... start... laughing…

 

“… [Light Magic: Healing Touch]!” Anderson yelled as he touched near the wound on my hand.

 

You have recovered 1 damage.

You have acquired a new sub-skill [NA][Light Magic: Healing Touch] Level 1

 

“...”

 

How… disappointing?

 

“Aren’t you glad someone like me was present?” Anderson gloated.

 

“...Yeah… Uhm...” I stumper in total confusion on how to respond.

 

Spells are nice, I am thankful NPC Anderson aka spell pinata. But wasn’t that a bit too pathetic? I mean seriously….

 

“You are definitely the greatest I have ever seen!” Rex complemented while wagging his tail.

 

“Of course I am! That was nothing! Hahaha” Anderson laughed.

 

… Yeah … I am just gonna make myself scarce… a bit more permanently this time around… It is a good thing I did not think of doing something stupid like slightly poisoning myself to see him use [Cure]… That would have definitely ended in total disaster!

 

In a few minutes, finally some salvation came.

 

“I see that everyone is here early today. The assignments today will be same as yesterday, Rex will handle the backyard. Alexa the laundry and Shiro will wash the hallways” announced Nun Lina.

 

We all then split up and took up our roles as Nun Lina dragged away Anderson so he would not interrupt.

 

I quickly wash the hallways as I began searching for new scents or presences to help locate the priest. Unfortunately there was no such luck…I could not find any scent that stood out from the day prior...

 

This time around it took only 1 hour to finish due to no distractions and my familiarity with the building. After which I went off to find Nun Lina again.

 

“I am done!” I exclaim.

 

“Already? Since your done so early, can you help Alexa with the laundry? There is more than usual this time around” Nun Lina proposes.

 

“Uhm… I can try… but I don’t really have any confidence in doing it...” I respond.

 

It isn’t like I haven’t done laundry before, but how I did laundry is using a washing machine. Even if I am a bit familiar with doing laundry without a washing machine due to my studying on adventuring, that still assumes that the laundry had labels explaining how to wash something properly. Last thing I want to do is damage the laundry and get blamed…

 

“That is no problem, Alexa will show you what to do” Nun Lina assured.

 

“Okay then, I’ll give it a shot...though...uhm...mind if I ask if the Priest is in? I kinda wanted to thank him for the other day...” I question.

 

“The Priest? He was suppose to be in yesterday night... But there was some delays. If there is something you want me to pass along to him, I can do that for you if you wish” Nun Lina informed.

 

“No, thats okay… never mind..” I respond and walk to the well where Alexa is doing the laundry.

 

That is quite a disappointment… I was so hoping to stock up on some more spells...or at the very least increase the level of my [Light Magic], not sure if I have to follow the same 10 spell levels policy or if I can just get it straight forward like everything else…but regardless, this was my last opportunity in quite a while * sigh *

 

After spending an extra hour doing the laundry with Alexa, I was finally let go with my completion slip and 1 iron coin.

 

From there, after buying and eating meat skewers, I hurried as fast as possible out of the city to hunt [Dire Foxes] and gathering herbs. By end of the day I managed to get the 5 [Dire Fox Pelts], though still no level up. On top of that, due to bad luck I was short on 1 herb so I had to take out a [Dire Milkweed] out of my reserve. My earnings this time around was 2 silver and 55 iron coins. Thus my total savings was almost at 10 silver coins!

 

I hurriedly went to get dinner at the guild and went to sleep in a good mood. Because tomorrow I get my new quota! It was hard to fall asleep due to the excitement, but I eventually let sleep overtake me.

 

...

 

When I got up, right after breakfast I rushed to the counter to pick up my ores! And I managed to be one of the first to pick up my 10 [Iron Ores], 20 [Copper Ores] and 20 [Tin Ores] for my quota. From there, I started smelting them with bliss.

 

My abilities have improved quite a lot yet again, so much so that I was actually able to finish everything in just 1 day! It was a really blissful day! My only dread is the days of withdrawal to come after! But even I knew I’d probably have little time to worry about it then since I’d be busy preparing for the competition.

 

I picked up my reward of 1 [Iron Ingot] and 2 [Bronze Ingots]. But I did not have the time to make anything out of them as it was already time for dinner.

 

Tomorrow will be the big day! So after dinner I hurry off to sleep.

 

29