Chapter 20 Hunting Time
2.3k 27 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st Felerach of Jariel 1236

Beno's POV

" Argh, where is the sea!!! I have been digging for days!!!" I yelled while throwing a tantrum.

"It's not like I really know the distance between here and the sea you know," Marco said. AAAA

...

" Pack up all the stuff. Take the meat and clothing first. " I said to Marco.

" What are you-" " SHUT UP AND MOVE YOUR ASS HERE" I interrupted him.

I can feel it. I can hear the sound of the pickaxe hitting the boulders.

" I guess the bricks have their uses now," I start arranging the bricks in a matter that it would be hard to break them one by one.

While at the same time I tried to give them a bit of surprise. While I was free, I tried bending the broken armors so that it is flat. This time I make it so that if the bricks that are supporting the metal plate are removed, the stone will then fall down, crushing the miners. I made at least 3 of these traps which then I continue to fill some part of the room. Before fully entering the tunnel that I dug, I made sure that the bricks look very similar to those of the walls and filled the space behind the walls with the dirt of similar color. I don't have time to make much but I was successful at covering at least 25 meters of the tunnel.

" Marco, remember to move all the stuff until the end of the tunnel! I'll try to fill back in as much as I can!" I said and continue to fill the tunnel.

These bastards... If it isn't because I am not in top shape right now, I would directly slaughter all of you! 

After around 4 hours of refilling the tunnel, we finally reached near the end of the tunnel and rested a bit. 

" How many portions of meat we have left Marco..." I asked.

" Around 10 portions of old meat and 2 portions of young meat...and 12 portions of your meat," Marco said, though a bit undecisive at the last part. It's just my meat whats the problem with it.

" Tsk, the young meat is getting low... starting for now mix your young meat with some old ones. We have to save them if we want to get out of here alive." I said to him while expanding the underground base we are in.

" Care to explain to me now what happened? Did the humans pass through the boulders?" Marco asked. Of course dummy. Why would I attempt to run away if it isn't like that!

" Yes. If we stay there for one more day we might get caught, and I do not intend to get caught in that kind of situation. I might not be able to feel pain but watching my own legs get chopped off to feed those human bastards makes me angry." I said to Marco. If only Peter is here he could probably think of something to help, or maybe Kevin. I'm sure he knows how to fight properly cause he had martial arts training back on Earth... wait who is Kevin... where is Earth.. urgh my head hurts. I stopped digging as I start gripping my head in pain... Why do these names sound familiar... Do I know any of them? 


Marco (Kent)'s POV

When Beno is just digging the area quietly, I suddenly heard her groan and she then slumped down while gripping her head in pain.

" Are you ok? What happened?" I asked worriedly. This kind of situation is getting more and more frequent. Originally it might be one time per day or two, then it gets to daily and now she would get this pain more than a few times per day. I don't even know how to help her... she just groans in pain for a few minutes then just directly goes back doing her stuff as if nothing happened. Could this be because of we are in a manaless situation? No, it can't be, manaless would let people suffocate, not sufferings like this... Could it be something that the humans did to her that caused this? But it's impossible... they don't possess mana and couldn't use spells to cause this...

Damn it if it isn't because that this cursed continent is manaless, I could help her to escape here... and now because of that the roles are reversed and i had to rely on her to be able to escape...


2nd Sukurach of Jariel 1236

Marco (Kent)'s POV

6 days have passed since we stayed in this new room that Beno dug. The young meat is all gone now and we even started to eat Beno's meat... It hurts every time I see her peel a part of herself off just to feed the both of us... but as expected as a dragonkin. Even in such a manaless situation, their regeneration ability is still stronger than us normal folks. But watching her cutting her own arm to feed both of us gives me a sense of guilt... I can't help dig the tunnels... I can't help in preparing the food, all I can do is to tell her stories when she got bored or talk to her when she is working to make her happier... can that even be counted as happy?

" I can hear water! We are probably close towards the sea!" I heard Beno saying loudly. Are we finally going out already?

" OK now we rest!" wait... what???

We are resting when we are almost at the final mile?

" Why are we resting now? We are almost out too!" I asked her.

" Stupid... Other than water I also hear a lot of noises out there. Assuming those are humans I would need to conserve mana in order to fight them. Plus I just recently cut some of my arms for meat that they are not in the best shape now. So we would have to wait until I fully regenerated then only we can go." Beno explained. She is unexpectedly wise at these kinds of moments... She normally just behave like a small little kid... Just what kind of mistakes did he do in the past that make her have to suffer like this in this life.


3rd Sukurach of Jariel 1236

Beno's POV

" Alright I am in top shape now," I said towards Marco. We can finally be free! I see him nodded and start to pack up the food and clothing. I grabbed the swords that the guards use because if possible I don't want to use mana to form my claws. Those are absolute emergency measures. From what I heard from Marco if a being ran out of mana, it will start to hurt a lot and then die. I am not going to die on my own so I will need to save up the mana for the future.

I starting digging the wall slowly so that it would not immediately inform anyone outside that we are here. As I slowly dig the hole, i realized something is wrong. I can see water that is for sure... But the water is going down... did we dig into a waterfall?

After I dug a bit enough hole for both of us to go through. What i thought is true.

" Marco... do you know the geography of this continent?" I asked him while signaling him to come closer.

" A bit, why do you ask?" he asked me.

" Come and look at this yourself. This is definitely not the sea that I am aiming for..." I said.

Marco came closer and look and what I am seeing and immediately fall back.

" Are you scared of heights?" I asked.

" No... I just thought I'm going to die right there if I were to fall down..." yep scared of heights.

" So do you know where are we?" I asked...

Marco peeked out of the cliff and check again, before thinking a bit and said " We should be at the center of the continent, Where we are is probably on top of the central plateau of the continent... This means the sea that you see that day... is probably really far..." 

...

So... I have to dig more huh... 

" Should we continue underground or start to go above ground," I asked Marco.

" I believe above would be better. We would be able to forage food and if possible even hunt some animals." Marco said.

Well, that's good. Since we don't need to fight people as they are probably above us and since Marco didn't say anything about hearing human noises I guess they are pretty high up there. Well to go down there's only one way. I'm not sure if I could control it but you never know if you don't try.

" Hold tight Marco," I said to him and I start princess carrying him. I can't do a piggyback cause it will block my wings mind you~

" 3... 2... 1... TAKEOFF!" I yelled as I jump off the hole that was our home for a lot of days and I start flapping my wings.

IM FLYING!!!


Marco (Kent)'s POV

IM GOING TO DIE! IM GOING TO DIE! THIS GIRL IS CRAZY!!!!

When I heard this girl told me to hold on tight I didn't know what she meant, but then she started to carry me and jumped off that freaking cliff! I don't know how far are we from the ground but I'm damn sure is that if I fell off I will die!!! I then look at her face...

SHE'S DEFINITELY ENJOYING THIS. ENJOY THIS ON YOUR OWN I DONT WANT TO DIE!!!

" Where should we land Marco!" Beno said.

" ANYWHERE THAT IS FAR FROM HUMANS!" I yelled.

JUST LAND QUICKLY DAMN IT

After what seems to be 20 minutes, we finally landed. I immediately hugged the land as I do not want to experience that once more.

" Marco" I heard Beno said but I'm too tired to reply.

" No animals within the perimeter or should I say... no animals within my entire vision range when I'm flying..." Beno added. No animals... does that mean the only food source we have will be from what we could forage?

" I'm going to hunt some humans... I know you don't like it but to survive we would need to eat. I'll try to see if I can steal their harvests too. But don't think that I will be able to bring a lot of them ok? After you regained yourself try to search for a good place as our shelter. There is no need to make it too big. We won't be staying here for long ok?" she said and then left, assuming she is going to hunt those humans... Although we all hate humans, is it alright to treat them as livestock like this... But I heard from my ancestors that they also once treated us beastkins as livestock... but if we did the same, doesn't that mean we are falling to the same level as them?

I guess for survival we should use whatever we can. 

I sighed and started to find a suitable place to set up our shelter... should we make a makeshift camp outside, or attempt to find a cave to live in... caves would be easier but from what I saw from the top this area is mostly flatlands... guess I should start from the basic and see if I can use the leaves and twigs for a temporally shack then... good thing back home they thought us basic survivals...


Beno's POV

It's hunting time! I can't wait to hunt these humans! I'm going to pay them back for what they have done to me!

Let's see if I didn't remember wrong there should be a farming village nearby. Oh look there they are...

Hrmm are those carrots that they are planting? Or was it potatoes... I forgot how their stalk would look like... but it should be good enough to be used for cooking. Let's sneak into their warehouses... there should be some food there. 

As I sneak through the fields, I periodically check if there are any humans near me. I don't want any of them to report me to the village guards. That could be bad.

Why am I trying to steal crops you say... because all the farmers outside are old guys... they won't be tasty, why waste the time hunting them when you won't get tasty food. 

As I get close to the warehouse, I noticed there is a guard standing in front of it. Let's see, it's a human around the age of 25. The meat should be good enough to eat. OK, tonight we are eating meat, Marco!

I went as close as I can without noticing him and pounced on him, I drilled one of my hands that morphed into claws into his head. Effectively killing him in one go! Alright, human meat getto! To avoid other people coming to find him, I dragged him into the warehouse and cleaned the blood outside by gently pushing some dirt onto it. Good thing they haven't invented paved roads.

The warehouse is quite big. I can see a lot of food stockpiled up here. Hay, wheat, potatoes, there's even rice here! But how should i carry them hrmm. First I take the meat off the human guard. It is annoying to continuously carry an entire person. I placed the meat inside one of the empty crates alongside his armor and weapon. The armor is just simple leather armor so it shouldn't be too noisy. I wonder where they get leather when there are no animals here... Does fish gives leather? I don't think so, but then again, this is another world so there might be fish that can have leather or at least leather-like skin. As I'm nearly complete, I put on a wooden board that looks like the cover for the crate and then brought another crate of potato with me. The remains of the humans are buried underground and hidden with hay on top so they shouldn't notice that he is missing that fast! Well, that is until it starts decomposing that is.

Today is a great haul~potatoes and most importantly~ MEAT! Marco will be happy.

I continued to sneak past the farmers and went back to where I dropped Marco~

Seems like our dragongirl wants to be an apex predator~ that predates humans! But its too bad that they arent anywhere near the sea though.

62