Chapter 22 Drama everywhere
2.2k 27 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5th Tekulach of Meruriel 1205

Royal meeting hall of the council or Argos

Petrasha's POV

Where the heck did you get all these theories Lucy... 

" What remains is how they managed to create this 'Anti-magic' without being able to use magic." Lord Silveraxe said.

" Though it remains as a theory, it is currently the most possible scenario of what the humans have done more than a thousand years ago," Lord Leadikurl said...

Because of Lucy's absurd theory, the lords that are supposed to head out for diplomatic measures are recalled in order to discuss this subject.

" Even back on Earth, scientists still have found a way to produce this so-called antimatter. So what I stated just now are also references to their theory about antimatter," Lucy said. No no no, even if it's just a theory, it's already a solid theory as a lot of parts just literally fit there.

Well, to be frank, antimatter actually doesn't do that... its another thing but I'll just let you continue to show... It's a good thing to have an opinion of someone outside the council though. Plus your theory is really really interesting, even though it references the wrong thing.

" Well then, we will first analyze your theory within our council first. Don't worry, we won't try to get earn a profit from it. It's just that, if we really want to obtain this technology, we might doom ourselves if we are not careful with it. Destroying ourselves with the advancement of technology is not the outcome that we wanted. " Lord Paelisher said.

" True, you don't want to follow Earth in that method. they are already destroying the planet with pollution. " I said.

" Very well, we will discuss among ourselves first. You may leave now miss Lucy. Don't worry, Petrasha will notify you of our decision." Lord Paelisher said. Lucy nodded and stand up to leave the room.

" This is a very dangerous technology. If used by the humans they would be able to annihilate us without even using a single soldier. " Kuprudia said.

" But we need to research this technology in order to defend ourselves against this. It is useless if we choose to not use this knowledge and got annihilated by it!" Tinikar said.

" But think about the possibilities. With this, we could possibly invent even larger mana storages. Or even efficient and clean dynamos to produce ether. But the downside is also true. Though the other kingdoms trust us on our decision in technology. I don't think some of us will take it well. I'm scared that some might want to weaponize this new technology." Lord Silveraxe said.

" Don't worry. Sometimes they say in order to prevent an accident, you need to know the cause of the accident and fix it. In order to prevent the weaponization of this technology, we just need to make sure that we also know what will render this new weapon useless. After we know that, it will cause the weapon itself to lose its meaning because if it got weaponized, its antithesis will also appear. That's why while we attempt to figure out how to produce this anti-mana, we also need to develop measures to fight against anti-mana, but that's already our goal. We are trying to figure this anti-mana out in order to fight against the humans who use anti-mana. So as we develop it, we will find a way to prevent it." I said. This caused some council members to think.

" I agree with what Petrasha said. We are developing this in order to protect ourselves. We need to understand this anti-magic in order to fight back against them. Plus we have to believe in our brethren. If they decided to weaponize any of our inventions, the lavastone would already be the first one." Lord Paelisher said as he supported me.

" But in this case, I would say, Lord Silveraxe and Lord Leadikurl will continue their missions as the ambassador. Tinikaru and Kuprudia will continue in assisting Petrasha in developing new weapons against the human navies. In this war, we shall start playing the defender role first. We will not attack the enemy unless we have methods to fight against their anti-mana weapons. Do you all understand" Lord Paelisher commanded.

" Yes sir! WE SHALL FORGE OUR PATH TO PROSPERITY" every present council member shouted. Well excluding me... because it would be weird if I shouted along so they exempted me to shout with them... Being a girl has its advantages I guess.

" Petrasha, stay after the meeting, I have something to talk with you," Paelisher said as the other council members start leaving one by on

" You do know that rushing new stuff like that would cause troubles within the council right?" Paelisher said.

" I do," I replied. 

" Then why do you still rush this anti-mana thing. Although most of the people support you, the council did not accept you wholly." Paelisher said.

" I would rather get targetted by them for introducing this, than getting targeted by the humans without the ability to pay them back," I said.

" Do promise me after this you are taking a rest alright? You have been working for more than 5 years nonstop without a day to rest... It is already a miracle that you haven't collapsed due to fatigue." Paelisher said.

" As I said I am no longer a little child that needs adults to supervise. I can perfectly manage myself. I even listened to your idea and hired maids in order to assist me in my daily activities. I have enough sleep every day so that I would not feel exhausted. Isn't that fine already?" I grumbled towards Paelisher.

" Once this anti-mana project is done, Petrasha... Go take a break with your friends. Work might be important but also remember to be with your friends too. You might have lost your parents when you died on Earth, but remember that in this world, you have me and Ganmol being your parents, along with your friends. You even called that vampire elder sister right? Cherish that bond of yours." Paelisher said.

" Is that all you want to say? If yes I'm leaving!" I yelled as I left the meeting hall to find Lucy.


Lucy's POV

They were discussing for quite a long... must be because they are wary of new technology... but then again didn't Petrasha introduced a lot of new technologies? I don't really understand them...

" Well, I guess what she said makes sense too." One of the council members said.

" I rather get hit by one of you guys than the humans." Another one said.

" Getting killed by humans would be the biggest shame after all!" and then all of them laughed loudly.

" I still didn't believe that young girl is being so brave in front of us veterans." 

" Well, she does have the knowledge and intelligence to back her up so I can say that she earned it."

" But don't you remember how long you used to get your position now? Isn't it like 50 years or something?"

" Skills is what we are talking here you know? And don't you forget she passed the basic, intermediate, advanced and also higher dwarven education in 2 years. How long did it take for you to get it? 10 years I bet!" And they laughed loudly again... I don't get their laughing point...

" All we can do is wait until she grows up. I truly believed that she will become a great leader in the future. Maybe even better than Paelisher one day."

They walked away... They didn't even notice me standing at the wall facing the door... guess they are too focused on talking with each other huh. But the contents... it seems they are a bit wary of Petrasha... probably scared that she will introduce technologies that would cause harm to them I guess... But strange, they have all came out but Petrasha hasn't, along with what I think is Paelisher... is he giving a warning to Petrasha? If based on what the other dwarves said just now, it must have been that... I troubled Petrasha with my request this time, did I?

After what seem to be a few minutes, Petrasha finally came out... angrily? 

" Petrasha! What's going on? Why are you so angry?" I asked worriedly.

" Argh, don't talk about it. That old man is still treating me like a kid after so many years! Seriously, with the total age of both here and Earth, I would be near 40 already! Why cant he just leave me alone!"... what are you, a kid that's trying to prove their parents wrong? Wait I think you are... You are trying to prove to Paelisher that you are capable... but end up doing the opposite of it.

" There there, no need to be so angry about that." I hugged her and start to pat her head gently. "You know, why are you caring about what they say, as long as you do what you can do it's fine you know. Remember that me and the gang will always support you no matter what." I told her gently.

" There there, let's go home and eat dinner ok? There is still a useless garbage at home waiting for us to give her food." I said which earned me a giggle from her.

" Yeah lets go home, big sis~" ah I think I could enjoy this kind of relationship. But to have such a big change in personality, these five years must be hard for you huh Petrasha...


After reaching home, what we saw is like a battlefield. 

" Joy! What happened to the house!" Petrasha yelled.

The dwarf maid then comes out hastily without being able to even tidy herself to meet her employer.

" I'm sorry mistress but Lady Christine is searching the entire home for food, me and the other maids are trying to hold her down to prevent her from causing a bigger mess, but then she used her barrier magic to block us out... I am sorry Mistress please don't fire me..." the dwarf maid immediately says.

" CHRISTINE, FOOD IS HERE," I yelled loudly, making sure that she can hear what I said. Which then I saw a rabid elf rushing towards me with no care of what's in the way. 

" Give me food I'm hungry!" Christine yelled.

" You want food right, Christine... Well too bad. Because you are not getting any today!" Petrasha said in a loud angry voice.

" But but..." Christine tried to say something but I didn't let her. " You truly did it this time. Normally you would only throw tantrums but would still stay put... now you literally made a mess out of Petrasha's house... It is truly lucky that today no one will be coming today. If not Petrasha's standing in the nobility society will be affected. If that happens, Petrasha won't even be able to feed you anymore. Do you understand?" I said.

" You guys are literally taking this too seriously... We are in another world. Why should we work... we could just go around and kill monsters and we would have enough money for our entire lives anyways. Why do we even need to work that hard?" said Christine.

" You don't know how long I have studied to get into this position. I spent days, months and years, building up basic, from learning dwarven traditions to metallurgy and even politics, all in order to provide our gang a comfortable environment to live in. Not for you to make a mess out of it! My position is still not that stable that I can do whatever I want so I'm working hard every day in order to make it better! And you are telling me to take it easy? You bastard!" Petrasha said and slapped Christine in the face and left to the dining room. " Maids! Clean the dining room first, I want to eat dinner early..."

" You have really done it this time Christine. Before I was just hoping you were only a bit lazy that you don't want to work... but to think you got this kind of thoughts in your head, you really are helpless... I really want to help you this time, but today at the council meeting, the council members aren't treating Petrasha well. They are starting to doubt whether or not keeping her is safe or would cause harm to the kingdom. She is facing stress from the council members and when she came home, she has to deal with you. Don't blame her for being angry at you. Blame yourself for not facing the reality Christine, no Kevin. Go think a bit, if you really thought it through, come back, if not, may Astrea bless you on your future paths." I said to her and also went to the dining room. Leaving a saddened Christine at the doorway.

Well well, it isn't a fun isekai story without some family drama~

Will Christine finally go and work now and stop being a useless elf being?

Well you all probably know the answer but I wont say it anyways.

Sorry if this chapter looks a bit sub-par, I saw the rankings and it went into my head and I was like omg then continued to write despite of my headache. So for real this time, no chapters for the rest of the day, im going to turn it in early lol

Ill reply to the comments tmr...

PS: Voidchild, pls stop with the memeanese language... i really don't understand those at all...

51