Chapter 24 Sweet moments
2.3k 13 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Felerach of Juriel 1210

Amy's POV

" It seems you and Petrasha are really working hard to get all of us together huh," I asked Lucy. We are now resting in a house that we have rented in this town, we will be staying here until we have obtained gear for me which would take around 2 weeks or 10 days here. Strange system they have here but at least it makes sense. You cant expect the other world to have the same systems like the one on earth. She has been traveling for 1 year on the Yskrasidria continent and 4 years on this continent. 

" Yeah, it's quite a journey. Though I would say it's fun and lonely at the same time. When I was traveling on the Yskrasidria continent, all the people there are pretty friendly. They welcomed me whenever I went to their towns. Well, that's pretty normal considering each of those towns are mainly focused on tourists after all." Lucy said.

" Any girls or boys you found that got your attention?" I said while teasing Lucy.

" Not really, all of them are quite how do you say, too passionate. It kinda scares me you know, the moment you went into a shop and they all swarm onto you in an attempt to make you buy something or to suggest you their services. And well, in this world, marriage works a different way. It's not as simple as Earth, once you got married, both the couples would be bonded forever through a soul link. I'm not really ready for that kind of commitment, at least not until I found the one I wanted to be with forever." Lucy said. I can sense that she's blushing a bit. Well, now you know how a girl feels when she is with the person she liked huh. 

" Say, Lucy," I asked and she replied with " Yeah?"

" What do you plan to do after the gang is back together? Adventure the world? Settle down?" I asked.

" I haven't thought of that far yet. Ever since I got reincarnated into this world, I never really thought of the future. What I think is, I want to survive, I don't want to die, I want to continue living. Those are the only things that were in my mind for the first few days I reached yet." Lucy said. I believe it would be the same for me if I'm the first one to come here. Since no one would have thought that your friends would be with you after death. But with Peter and Kevin being some sort of confirmation for me, I was able to believe that we all are going to the same place.

" Then I met my old man Zeyle. He found me when I was camping in the woods. He thought I was a stray human at first but realized I have sharper ears and teeth than normal humans, along with my blood-red eye. For real, the moment he met me, he immediately pointed his sword in front of me with a speed that I could never imagine. I really thought I would die there." Lucy said while looking at the sky.  Well, this is the advantage of having an actual house despite its just a temporally rented house. We can just sit on the balcony and chat.

" It was him who brought me back to a town back in Zarcara. He taught me quite a lot of stuff you know, from their common sense to fighting. He really helped me a lot. Then I somehow became the elder sister in the house as the older ones start going on their own life and left the old man, so the ones left are mostly kids, and I'm the oldest among them." Lucy said.

" Just like how it is back on Earth right, you are the eldest son within the family and were given the task to take care of them," I said.

" True, I wonder how are they doing now. I know time passed differently from here and Earth. Peter died the same day as me, but he arrived here 3 years later. Kevin died the next day and reached here 5 years after Peter. For you, its four days passed on Earth but 5 years on Astrea." Lucy said.

" I'm only 5 days late than yours but I can say that they aren't exactly taking it well. I still remember when your little brother came and ask me where is his big brother. At that time I really wanted to cry. But I cant... If I cry it would make your entire family sad too. So I gave him the most generic answer that you are going to a faraway place." I said.

" Well, technically you aren't wrong. This place sure is a faraway place from Earth. It might even be on a different parallel from Earth but we will never know. It would be good if we could somehow tell our old families that we are living fine here though. But that would never happen." Lucy said. That is true. There is no way we could even contact Earth. Not because we don't have the capabilities, but rather we don't even know where Earth is from here. 

" For now, after getting back the gang, I just want to sit down with them again and talk about how we changed. I'm sure we would use a lot of time talking about how much we changed. Like you being a vampire, there must be a lot of stuff that differs from being a human. Me being an oni is the same thing too. Everything is so different. I'm sure Marco and Beno's story would be even weirder. One is a beastkin and a catkin on top of that. I heard catkins often have very sensitive tails. " I said.

" You just want to touch the tails right? That's so like you Amy. For me, I wonder how Beno's horns would feel. Novels always portrait the horns of the dragon as their symbol of pride. I wonder how would Beno's horn would look like. Must be majestic right?" Lucy said.

" I don't know, but I truly believe it would be like that, he did say he wants to be a tall and cool dragonoid after all," I replied. 

" Do you think, we could even go back to our old lives? The one where we play and laugh together. After all, Petrasha is now a nobility and we don't know how would the other two go." Lucy said in a worrying tone.

" Well, until the time where we all are together, we won't know, after all, when we all first group together at the anime club, we never thought we would be reincarnated into another world together after all," I said.

" Say Amy.... you wanna know how marriage works in this world?" Lucy asked out of a sudden.

" I mean, I think I should make it clear first, in case Kevin or Christine did the same thing to you as she did back to me when we both we traveling to find Petrasha." Lucy then continued.

" I mean, we do have time, so why not?" I said.

" You see, marriage in this world is done differently. In here, it is some sort of ritual that binds both persons together. Their soul will be linked and it would forever bind them together, with nothing being able to separate them. This is why most people here would take several decades to just find their fated partner. Because it isn't like on Earth where it's a simple ceremony and when it doesn't work, you can break apart. In this world here, once the ritual is done, it cannot be undone, your souls are linked together forever. Trying to break it would cause damage to both of their souls. The damage in souls is mostly irreparable as it would be permanent, and the damage is very intense, at most it just resulted in reduced lifespan and abilities. But I heard some who had their soul damaged so bad, that their minds became unstable. Some of them even died from a broken soul..." Lucy explained. This certainly is a very serious matter, if one does not choose its partner wisely, then there would be no place to regret it after the ritual is done.

" Once their souls are bonded, if it goes well and both sides of the parents will it, it will start to resonate, when resonating, it will slowly create an extra soul," Lucy said and I know where is this going.

" The soul of the baby..." I said while Lucy just nodded.

" Once the soul of the baby is formed, the next... action will make the mother pregnant. Though the process of soul forming varies between races, it is all mostly the same. Which is why unintended babies in this world are basically impossible. If the two souls do not start resonating, then they would never have a chance from having a baby." Lucy said.

" Then what if it never resonates," I asked.

" These cases almost rarely happen. Because the people in this world take this very seriously and never perform the ritual until they are very sure that they will accept each other. This is not a laughing matter for the people in this world. Well, because of us reincarnators, it might happen, but no records have shown about these cases so we will never know, and it is best if we don't try." Lucy said.

" Which is why... it is still possible for same sexes couples to become pregnant. Though in the case of two males it's awkward." Lucy said.

" Yeah I can imagine how awkward it would be if a boy gets pregnant... no I don't even want to imagine it," I replied. I never heard of male pregnancy... is it even possible?

" But the point is since girl and girl are able to be together and without problems, would you still prefer girls?" Lucy said. Oh, Lucy... there's no need to explain for an hour of these just to ask me you know.

" You know Lucy, even if you are a boy, I would still accept you..." I said to her.

" I know you wouldn't like a former boy like me... wait you do?" Lucy said while being shocked. That face... I wish I have a camera now.

I grabbed her hand tightly. " Of course I do..." I said as I gave her a kiss on the cheek and she blushed. Her face is now pretty red, maybe it's because she is a vampire and had a natural pale face that her blush is pretty obvious. 

I guess we would need to have some planning to do in the future huh.

They... holded hands! And even a kiss in the cheek! How lewd!

Jokes aside I feel I'm really bad at writing scenes like this... but I still want to put these two together D:

Although I said I wouldn't be writing a new chapter due to work, my mind is still too focused on this novel that I had to finish this first.

Not like I ignored work, I just done half of it, wrote this chapter, and finished half of it later

49