Chapter 101 Travel… alone
653 8 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2nd Welkalach of Desariel 1237

Belgrynd's POV

" I swear in hell that someone will put an end in you, you de- *bang*" 

" Well, that goes the last of the pests. " I said after finishing off the last leader of the pests on this continent.

But for safety's sake, I still do a search to detect if there are any other pests in here. Though, these tiny bugs don't bother me anymore. What bothers me is the one that is living inside HeartForge... that huge bugger... While his soul reaction is weak, it is still there... and if my memories don't serve me wrong... he will barely live by using his own mana to attempt to regenerate his body, especially his head. I am sure that I hit it, the heart on the other hand... might have missed by a bit... I am not sure about it, and I can't check it now. The last time I tried, I almost got found out by the gang... darn Christine being extra diligent right now...

The only good thing for me is that I can go back to the HeartForge castle whenever I wanted. You ask why? Well... I moved the crude teleportation scroll from my room to the castle of course. It is hidden by Paelisher inside one of the storage rooms. So I can go back whenever I wanted to.

Right now, the only thing I can hope is that the mind magic on the gang will be lifted before the damn huge pest wakes up. Because if it does, then I can just go in and kill the guy, that way everything will be solved... but if it doesn't happen... then I have to wait more...

Walking inside the inner rooms where the pests keep prisoners, I saw even more brutalized corpses... well... I am sorry pals... but don't worry, I will make sure that you get a proper burial... 

Doing the same routine of clearing the camp, saving the prisoners if any, and burying the dead... doesn't leave much in me anymore,... I guess as one who has eaten the flesh of sentient beings including my very own flesh... kinda desensitized me to this kind of stuff... I wonder... how will the gang know if I had killed hundreds and thousands of humans cold-blooded. Granted, this is in self-defense, but nobody cares what situation it is. They would only know you killed, not why you killed.

After finishing burying all of the poor souls who perished to these bugs and setting up a bug bonfire, it is time for me to leave this continent. I stored my own copy of the teleportation scroll and my weapons and started moving towards the port... that I forgot the name... I only know that it is the port where I first arrive on this continent and one of Petrasha and Lucy's friends live there. His name is Jasai I believe? Might as well drop by his place and eat something before I depart to the demon continent by boat.

Yes by boat, not by flying. Flying across oceans is very tiresome, it strains your wings, your back, and also your mind. If it's only a distance of 50 or something kilometers then its alright, but this is probably at least 100, and in the middle, there is no place to stop, sure there might be some small island chains or something, but I don't know where it is, so might as well just expect myself to fly the entire way non-stop.

Now that I think about it... I might as well start stocking up some food before I actually head there. While I am sure food will be provided, I highly doubt it will be as good as what I can actually cook myself. Plus, it's a long journey so having some variety will be good.

The next day, it is spent entirely inside the woods and mountains, I did not pass or even go near any of the nearby villages. What I am doing is very simple, hunt, slaughter, prepare, cook, and store all of the animals I find while also harvesting some wild bounties such as shrooms and herbs. While I am not sure what earth counterpart it might be, it doesn't really matter, give it a single bite and if I like it, I keep it. Poisons don't hurt me anyways...

Which I then have to reject anyone who asks for food for me cause I might poison them...

Such a caring dragonkin I am~~~

5th Welkalach of Desariel 1237

Time sure passes by fast, and now the port is in front of me. Which made me realize something...

Why should I hunt... I could just buy the materials at the market...

Dragonkins might be old but they can be dumb sometimes... don't judge me, please...

Anyways, with this, we reach our first destination and will now head towards the port and find a ship that goes to the demon continent and then head there. Hopefully, the demon will not wake up and die while sleeping, whether it forgets to breathe or falls down from the bed, I don't care.

Hmm~ it is a good thing that I remade my hoodie. Cause I am one bazillion percent sure that if I came in without any cover, everyone will be staring at me as if I am some kind of rare animal. But with my disguise and also hoodie, I will just be another random elf on the road~ Albeit with weird hair color and weird eye color. I know this isn't typical but... sea elf? Water elf? There should be a variant like that right?

As I continue to think of random useless stuff, I reached one of the shops where I wanted to go to. The shape is as unique as ever... A shop that has the first floor half covered in water. It is the good-tasting fish shop I ate at last time.

Sitting at one of the chairs, I get the menu that is placed there and start to think about what to eat.

" Ah, you are the one with Petrasha right?" I heard the voice of a merman from the back. It seems he still recognizes me behind the hoodie huh, well, it could also be the hair color. I quickly replied with a simple yeah and continue to read the menu... last time I was here, Petrasha is the one who suggests me stuff... now... I am alone...

" Where did the rest go? Oh, also, you have to try today's special! I finally made a version of this world's Kinilaw!" he said as he swim toward me and start serving me some drinks and started cooking. Well, if he suggested that then I guess I will take it then... I nodded as I watch him cook the dish. It seems like this dish is a fish dish that consists of diced fish, some tomato-like stuff, and onions. Due to me coming after the rush hour, there aren't that many people eating right now. So Jasai, as the very friendly person... merman he is, starts to talk.

" Well, you still haven't told me why are you here alone, don't you guys move in groups? Where are the others?" he asks as he continues to cook the dish.

" They... are back at HeartForge, I am going to the demon continent alone," I replied with a simple answer... I felt lonely without them here... for the past months, I was with them, whether it's eating, playing or training, they are always with me... but now... there is no one here... even back on the human continent, I have Kurt at the start and the brothers at the end...

Now there is no one.

" A... rough situation huh, I guess I will shut up then... here, have I will make something extra as an apology," Jasai said as he handed me what he suggested and went in to get something extra to cook. While he doesn't need to do that, it would be rude to just reject him now...

" Spicy..." though the food is really tasty... I am not really in the mood to enjoy it...

I used my magic to create a cup made of ice and immediately poured some water into it. Along with some ice cubes too.

" Ahahah, I thought a dragon would be immune to spicy things, I guess no matter how strong the race is, they are still vulnerable to spices!" Jasai laughed as he handed me a cup of juice. I am not sure, it looks like some white thing with some brown syrupy juice...

" It's Taho, though from what I know, other countries called it differently back on Earth, but I swear this will taste good," Jasai said. Now that I think about it. The white thing looks like silken tofu, and the entire thing looks like DauFuFar which is something I ate once before at the PA-02 Seastead. Though... isn't it normally served in a bowl?

" Sweet... thank you." 

" No problem, anything for a friend! Oh, gotta go, I have other customers to serve~ If you want to talk you can stay a little longer! Also, everything on the house!" Jasai said as he went to serve other customers.

As I continue to eat the dishes. The feeling of loneliness never really went away. Despite the spice and sweetness, it still lingers. It truly made me wonder... can I even be counted as one in the gang... Unlike them, I started separated for a long time, and even now, we are forced to separate... it just... felt like we all are just fated to be separated...

Continuing thinking won't help... and thinking further might be dangerous... so I immediately finish the food and left something behind for Jasai, while I am not sure if it would mean anything, I hope it helps him.

After finishing the food, I headed straight to the port. I have no need for anything else as I have it inside my inventory already, food, supplies, and even some seasick medicine... not sure if I even needed it.

" Oh, we are departing to Desarrkti in an hour, if you want you can hitch a ride with us." the dwarf captain replied to me. I was asking around the ships where they are going and luckily, I found one that is departing to the demon continent soon. Though, a dwarf as a captain huh, quite a unique one. I paid the captain one gold to ensure that I can get a cabin to myself. 

Yep, no sharing. 

And the rest of the hour is just me simply waiting for the ship to depart in my cabin. I have zero interest to chat with anyone, nor do I have the mood to. Maybe I should sleep the journey... it might be better that way... less time to think about stuff and less chance to feel depressed...

And so, I departed to the demon continent, alone...

Astrea: Someone needs to seriously give Bel a hug.
Beno: Go ahead, no one stopping you.
Astrea: Why not you instead?
Beno: I am dead though... 
Astrea: But you are here!
Beno: Things... works differently here, plus, if I hug Bel, it would just be me hugging myself... it kinda feels even more depressing...
Astrea: A... true... 

And so... we won't be hearing anything from Belgrynd for a while since... she's sleeping...

So no Belgrynd for a few chapters... hope you don't quit while waiting for her to come back XD

Side note... anyone knows some artists that accept character illustration (that is cheap in terms of MYR... damn its 4.5 to 1 USD right now...)? I am thinking of commissioning some art for the main cast and maybe some other characters that show up a lot like Paelisher/Jasai/Ganmol/Astrea etc

18