Chapter 10 Another Night Another Day
343 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After logging out Onille went out for a jog. The sun still didn't rise and darkness still shrouds the lamp less streets. Onille spent the rest of the day, either exercising and sleeping, his sets of exercises were so intense that he would collapse on the spot whenever he finished a set. His set includes 400 push-ups under 10 minutes, 300 pull-ups in 8 minutes and then 250 Sit-ups in 6 minutes, and the finisher is 20 minutes plank. All these in-order, without taking a single break could kill a person and due to that, Onille collapsed and fell asleep.

He's a 25 year old dude that didn't go to college, quit his job after having enough money to buy the a vr game and is living like a hermit, a man with no set of responsibilities on his shoulders but now with a new-found sense of purpose and a huge head-start and luck in-game, he didn't even need to work if he can make a living off the game... so his home work-outs are intense.

The time difference in-game and reality is 1-1 and the game is only accessable during night time. Night in game is day in reality and vice versa.

Now heres the Time Delay Phenomena that baffles even researchers themselves. Lets say you live in a place that is currently 10:00 o'clock so what's the other side of the worlds time? It's probably 10:00 P.M in the evening, meaning they are either sleeping or playing the game via sleeping.

Lets say you know a friend on the other side of the world that has the exact opposite to your timezome. If, lets say that this friend of yours chose to spawn in the same kingdom as you and spawned in the same beginner village.

You will see him while you are gaming even though you know that its still day on their side of the world and he will also see you once he logged in during night. If you two are, lets say talking and grinding together... Its as if the both of you are logged in at the same time, even though you both know that you have different IRL time, which begs you to question.  

How does it work? Why is the time difference only 1-1... And why is the in-game world flat? Alas... Only the strong will know or so the game developers say.

"Only Time and Strength will answer your questions... And also the Game Forums."

Onille ate in an all you can eat restaurant near his Rent-house and after a couple of minutes digesting the food he logged back in.

Another night, another day. Insania's body materialized where she pixalated from, she started checking her items after checking everything is in place, she walked around the village and asked the villagers which way is the nearest city.

They all pointed East, so Insania exited the village and sprinted away. First she needs to get to RiYld City there she can use the teleportation platform that costs 10 gold coins to teleport towards Mortar City.

Traveling in this game is hella expensive and you'd need a lot of money in order to cross the border of the different nations.

Insania already forgot the idea of deleting her character so... she made a plan IRL, Her main priority is getting in the Elven Nation, once shes in she'll need to buy those trinkets that the Elves sell and use to combat their lust. The sex toys..... she already knew it was wrong but what else can she do in order to suppress the [Curse of Lust]? Getting there would be a problem so Insania planned on joining a beastkin merchant caravan heading towards the Elven Nation.

But first she had an errand to do, Insania sprinted East non-stop. It would take atleast 5 hours to get to RiYld City that just shows how big the beastkindom territory is, That is counting the fact that she can double her movement speed with [Four is better than two], so If and only if... She didn't have said passive she'd take a 10 hour hike to get there, add the time that she still needs to rest to not get the [Overfatigue] debuff.

She used [Concealment] everytime she meets with a monster beyond her level. Although she can kill it.. It would take a lot of time.

*Ting

Rhino Beetle

Rarity: Common

Level: 23

Damage: 555

Hitpoints: 5000

Physical Armor: 45%*

She stopped after 2 hours of constant running seeing a tree she climbed up and rested at the topmost branch. Her gaze landed on a yellow fruit just next to her, picking it up Insania took a small bite. Epic of the Gods pursues absolute realism but the Hunger system still isn't added in this game yet. The developers say its still too early, and players should cherish the fact that their avatars still don't need daily sustenance like their real bodies. They will update it when the time comes.

*Ting you have been inflicted with [Poison(II)] debuff*

-20

-20

-20

Insania hurriedly spit it out.

*Ting your [Poison(II)] debuff has been cured.*

"Damn thats deadly" Insania shuddered at the feeling of her tongue burning like that. That one bite gave her 2 stacks of [Poison] debuff! imagine if it got concentrated. Then an idea graced her, making her evilly smile. 'I can use these'

Scanning the tree she found that there are 12 more of these yellow fruits glancing at the one on her hand, it already rotted so she threw it away, Insania hastily climbed the tree, branch by branch and pocketed the fruits in her bag.

"Hehehehehe... Oh baby" 

In Epic of The Gods there are all kinds of fruits and plants but players won't know what they do unless they get a skill that helps them scan it.

Some are poisonous others give great buff and can be turned into Pots, Potions and Elixirs. It's a huge world where exploration is priority number one. After all players don't have a map they can easily be lost in the woods if they're not careful. Among other things that players don't have are Hitpoint or Manapoint bars in their field of vision. Communication through telepathy or messages also doesn't exist in this game. But there is a communication trinket being sold.

After gathering all the fruits she went on her way, she planned on turning these fruits into deadly Poison Pots, she couldn't help but grin thinking about it. Thats what Assassins the class up of Rouges usually do anyways, they forage all sorts of plants and turn them into deadly poison. Because when you're in the killing business being unable to kill your target is fatal towards Assassins..

12