Chapter 23 JUST LEAVE ALREADY!
216 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jackus got tackled by Insania and lost his balance. He reacted just fine but he couldn't move his arms properly due to the [Stun] debuff induced by Xerca's skill. Insania on the other hand conjured a [Mana-shot] in her right palm and stabbed it in Jackus left eye.

-145! CRITICAL!

Graaaaaah!

Jackus screamed and was about to cut Insania's head off but he was stunned once more because of Xerca. Having no other choice he expended his remaining Manapoints and used a Sword-Master basic debuff dispel. But Insania already firmed her resolve and made another [Mana-shot] in her free hand, stabbing Jackus other remaining eye.

-146! CRITICAL!

*Ding you have been inflicted with [Blind(X)] debuff*

Jackus couldn't even scream as Xerca sliced his throat delivering the killing blow. Insania heard the notifications ring and hurriedly checked it out. The looting system in this world applies to both player and non-player, of course Insania heard these notifications too when she killed the other beastkins but this time she actually focused her attention to read it.

*Ting... Slain enemy has dropped Iron Shoulder Guards 2X*

*Ting... Slain enemy has dropped Greater Iron Sword*

"Take it... hurry up or we'll get surrounded at this rate!" Xerca went invisible and left Insania lying with Jackus corpse.

Insania covered her eyes with her left hand and muttered. "Sorry Jackus... Im so sorry". Onille murdered in cold blood those poor beastkins without batting an eye but seeing someone he knows and actually likes die like this hurts... At the end of the day, he is still human... and not an emotionless machine who feels no remorse.

She let go of the mana-made arrows in her hands and picked up the dropped loot. Players drop one item despite having infinite lives and yet non-players drop two items despite only having one life, Don't you think its unfair?

Why is this game built like this?

What actually happens to the items that couldn't be picked up?

Why not just allow players to loot all of the non-players equipped items instead of putting this dumb mechanic?

Alas her questions could only be put off for another time, she rushed towards her sword that flew off. Knowing it still had 60% of its durability she rushed towards it with [Concealment].

Once she grabbed the sword, her invisible state disappeared and her body materialized near 5 melee beastkins. The beastkins had high senses and jumped at her the moment they saw her. Insania rolled in the dirt and dodged their lunges.

"Wait isn't she the one Jackus faced?

"How could he let this wench go? WHERE IS THAT WANKER?"

Insania exploited their moment of distress and stabbed her sword.

-100!(1300/1100)

The damage was pathetic but she didn't stop there and conjured a mana arrow in her free hand and stab it in the beastkins neck! -148! -148! CRITICAL! [Mana-shot]!

The Attack proc doubled the already painful attack and the beastkin agonizingly screamed. The other four retaliated and attacked Insania with their different types of weapons from different angles.

-175!

-146!

Two managed to land but the rest were easily dodged by Insania. "WHY IS SHE SO HARD?" The beastkin that lunged at Insania with a spear shouted.

"THIS ISN'T A HUMAN! KILL HER!"

Although they wanted to pull their punches and slowly whittle down Insania till she couldn't move, making for an easy capture. The small 30% Physical Armor on a humans skin scared the horny thoughts out of them, feeding them with bloodlust instead.

Insania on the other hand already killed the poor beastkin she was stabbing and jumped high up in the air using [Double Jump]

*Ting you have leveled up*

*Ting you have 20 minutes remaining till the stored lightning damage dissipates*

'GOD I wish I bought a common bow back then' But alas, the Gauntlets of Oshia blinded her, making her think that other bows are irrelevant compared to it. A bow isn't really her main concern even though she really needed it right now. Her main concern were skills.

She's currently facing 4 Rager's that have a buttload of body enhancing skills and crazy strength based attack skills. Aside from [Mana-shot] and [Double-Jump] the rest are useless without a bow and arrow.

The passives were working wonders though, but it would need more than just higher speed, endurance and flexibility to defeat these guys.

Which left her with one last skill. [Power-shot], gives an Archer 200% strength while pulling an arrow using a bow and it couldn't be held for more than two seconds or else the skill will be lost. Which begs her to question.... WHAT IF... Its not only limited to pulling?

The skill description didn't explicitly say, what action she should do while using the skill. So maybe it could work after all.

Lets take Fencer skills as a reference, all the damage dealing sword skills Fencers have, needs a specific action in order to maximize 100% of its output. Lets say [Stab], [Sword Swing] and [Sword Slash] as examples. These skills follow a specific move to actually work. BUT [Power-shot] doesn't have such specific requirement!

Back to the fight, Insania gripped her sword tightly with her two hands as she descends.

[Power-shot]!

In a slashing motion, she delivered a vertical downward slash using her fall to speed up the attack. -612! CRITICAL!

*Ting you have inflicted [Stun]*

'The stat procs are doing its job now!' Insania grinned and mercilessly finished off the stunned beastkin. Not bothering to pick up the items, she lunged at the spear-wielder and got real close, real fast thanks to the Boost proc. She doesn't like to be poked with a pointy stick like an animal so she prioritized this fucker.

The beastkin reacted and swung his spear sidewards, pulling it in a swift motion and using it to defend Insania's thrusts. It was a solid defensive stance and the remaining beastkins weren't idle either. If they land a stun skill on her she'd be doomed. The one with a mace used [Charge] at her and was about to make contact with her and induce a 2 second [Stun]. Although Insania knew he had low attack speed, but blunt weapon wielding opponents should never be underestimated because of the extremely dangerous 5 second [Stun] proc.

Insania was so close to the spear-wielder, she used her free hand to grabbed the shaft of his spear and directed it at the charging beastkin. Then she stabbed her sword in his chest making him vomit blood. The charge was gonna [Stun] her and probably knock her back depending on the Strength of the user but she used the dead spear-wielders corpse as a leverage and firmly pointed the spear at the charging beastkin.

The result was as she expected, the beastkin couldn't stop the momentum of the [Charge] and was impaled in the right shoulder. She ended his misery by delivering the final strike to the heart.

*Ting you have leveled up*

The last one ran away and shouted for his allies but Insania didn't let him. Picking up the dropped Spear. Insania tightly gripped the spear and showed his prowess as a Javelin throwing champion. Like a pitcher serving a curve ball, she raised her left leg and stomped it on the ground.

[POWER-SHOT]!

The spear whooshed through the air, making a beautiful arc and impaling the poor beastkins neck. -612! -612 CRITICAL!

Its funny because Insania didn't think that it'd actually work... the Attack proc actually insta-killed the beastkin. But when the impaled beastkin died, he already caught the attention of his allies and they are all sprinting towards Insania.

"Well... Time to make like a tree and leaf" Saying so she used [Concealment] again and hid herself away from the dirt road where the fight is breaking out.

...

"WHERE IS INSANIA?" Screamed Lainey.

"I DON'T KNOW OK! I saved her from that Panthera Pardus and told her to get back but she didn't listen!" answered Xerca.

"Look... 20 beastkins are breaking from the encirclement and ran to the back" Hetir commented, although Healers tended to have no body enhancing skills, their spells are all sorts of buffs and holy healing affinity magic.

"Maybe she's pulling them away! Focus Lainey! stop defending since the numbers have already dwindled and start shooting your spells already!" Russ spoke.

"BUT I HAVE TERRIBLE AIM!"

Hetir, Mal and Russ all shook their heads at this hopeless companion of theirs. Xerca went invisible again and charged back to the front lines, making successful backstabs.

Even though Lainey sounded awfully useless in this fight, but she's the major reasons why Rouge invisible beastkins haven't reached the back lines yet, she focused all her attention and mana on the [Mana-barrier] and stopped any attempts of breaking through. This world has friendly fire and your allies Archers will be able to damage a Casters [Mana-barrier] regardless if it were friend or foe. But Lainey opened tiny holes in her [Mana barrier] allowing both Mal and the Ranger to shoot the beastkins just fine, were it a spell it wouldn't be able to pass through the tiny openings and just damage the spell instead. Their teamwork were superb and the two girls support were a vital recipe to keep their formation.

Insania on the other hand was found by Rouge beastkins that used tracking skills and instantly incapacitated her and tied her up with a rope.

"Should we kill her? She's already took out so many of us, and look... Her wounds are healing so rapidly"

"Are you scared she might transform into a big bad wolf? She looks like a sheep to me... BIG, PLUMP, JUICY SHEEP... Kukukukuku..."

"Whatever... you're the boss anyway... So... Wanna drag her and show her to her allies? Maybe they'll falter if we threaten to rape her in front of them"

"Thats the best IDEA I've ever heard come out of your mouth... lets do it..."

The two dragged Insania's tied up body towards the fight, her state was really awful, right on her head was a deep opened gash down to her cheeks, she was a bloodied mess with broken down leather equipment, although her items merely lost 30% of its durability, but due to it being leather, it opened up very erotic parts. The wound is nothing the beastkin passive can't patch up but getting raped by beastkins is a serious trauma to almost all female players. This is the main reason why a majority of the female population despises beastkin players and harshly discriminates them.

"MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY! We have brought a tasty little snack!" The Rouge that captured Insania shouted... The beastkins desperately fighting in the front lines pulled away from the melee mercenaries and backed 10 meter distance away.

"NOOOOOOO! LISAAAAAAAAAAA!" Lainey cried her lungs out after she saw Insania getting dragged by the beastkins. Her greatest trauma kicked in after seeing such a sight making her collapse... That was her best friends fate when she died. The trauma of seeing your lifeless friends corpse get despicably violated scarred her so much that it made her resentful, snobbish and very very cold towards others.. Its because her occupation had too many consequences and the worst of them is not dying or being raped... Its living the rest of your days knowing the one you cared for and held dear... Died in such a manner.

"Is she dead?..." Hetir asked, although she had an enhanced vision thanks to a spell, it couldn't compete with a Rangers [Farsight].

"No... But I'm going to end her suffering" Saying so, the Ranger knocked an Arrow in his bow and held it for a couple of seconds. 'Even though... I still don't trust you... You really kept your word, and so... I will put you to rest'

Insania on the other side woke due to Lainey's scream and she felt like her skull cracked a thousand pieces. She didn't think there'd be such a horrendous feeling before playing this game.

"JUST LEAVE ALREADY!" she shouted with all her strength.

Authors Note:

Yasss its a title drop... WHAT DID YOU EXPECT....

I do wish people actually like this chap, I tried my best with the action OK! I love skipping irrelevant fights so much that its become a habit to use time skip chan quite frequently. 

Please if you have any thoughts... Id love to hear them... I need all the motivation I can get with this novel of mine

9