Chapter 30 The Might of Rising Dragon Guild
169 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So guild leader gave the command to me huh? (Sigh) what an irresponsible guild leader he is" A Ranger shook his head and deeply sighed, behind him was a well disciplined player army, well equipped with Rare(W) items.

"We'll boys! DO YOU WANT SOME ACTION?" 

Crickets...

"Ugh... why does that never work?" He couldn't help but slap himself and then he shouted.

"MOVE OUT! WE ARE HEADING TO THE EAST GATES! BRING ALL OUR ARCHERS UP THE RAMPARTS! WE ARE GOING TO MAKE A PINCER MOVE!"

Introductions are due and this man is Athlete, second in command of the Rising Dragon Guild and also, Gimme-Spear's most loyal subordinate.

Athletes is currently ranked the third best Ranger player in-game, sporting the classic Ranger Rare(W) set, and a level 46 above his head in full glory, usually players dont do this but Athlete likes to seldom show off.

In the guild he is just behind Gimme-Spear, all the leaders across the nations, not just in skills, levels or stats his feats also speaks mountains, his unyielding loyalty to Gimme-Spear is his very redeeming quality while his high strategic mentality and scheming mind that could think up tactics on the spot could rival war experts and tacticians.

The city is quite large and the citizens are all evacuated, all thats left are the players that accepted the Kingdom quest and the non-player army that has the average level of 60-80. The kingdom can't really send high leveled personnel to fight level 30-40 zombies... That'd be very pathetic, it is not a matter of pride, This world follows a strict rule that was just shared in the forums quite recently, if someone that has a high level above 100 kills another that has a level difference of below 50 to them, instead of gaining exp they'll receive subtracted levels instead, chipping at their existing level and making it drop to catastrophic amounts. Players thus dubbed it, the Level Banned Phase.

"Well look what we have here! I knew you'd be here! Did you ask your spies what our guild was planning?" A Defender said with open arms as he confronted Athlete and the players of Rising Dragon guild.

"Anyone with half a brain would have the same tactic. You just got here earlier 'cause your guild holds this side." Athlete scoffed.

"Haha... Thats seems plausible, but arguing isn't the reason why I approached you, I actually wanted to initiate a temporary truce between us"

"Why should I oblige? are you saying we cannot take you right here right now?"(Athlete)

"Listen, I'm merely doing this to benefit both of our guilds, our word has weight in our corresponding guilds and signing a temporary truce would allow us to fight without the slightest thought of backstabbing one another"

"You do have a point, But contracts can easily be circumvented, just having dozens of players that aren't part of your guild inside your army, order them to attack us would instantly make the truce null and void"

"Hey, hey... if you've already thought of it that far then you must be doing it right now... How many are you hiding in there?"

"How dare! Ahem... Buuuuuuuuut doing nothing here in fear of you people backstabbing us is much more frightening than going out there and getting backstabbed."(Athlete)

"True, true.. So do we have a deal?" 

"Cut your bullshit Leeroy, show me the terms of your truce and I'll show you mine!"(Athlete)

"Ok, ok..." Leeroy received a piece of parchment from his guild and he accepted Athlete's parchment. Then after reading it, Athlete bursted in anger...

"Is this a joke?"

"What?"(Leeroy)

"It states here that we will act as the vanguard and rush inside the zombie hordes heading south! Are you serious?"

"Hey! Aren't you happy that you'll be able to kill as many as you want? You'd instantly be the top war contributers!"

"But the risks are too high! Even though it states here that any guild member that attacks our guild will be punished with 10 days of being unable to log in, 50 levels and instant death. Some random nobodies in your guild is enough to thoroughly destroy our formation! AND AT THE END OF THE DAY YOU WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH!"(Athlete)

"(Sigh) We will never reach a verdict at this rate, I still can't trust you enough with what you've written here. Mobilize our two guilds and create one existing body? Tanks up front, physical damage dealers at the corners?, magical class in the middle and range at the rear is far too good to be true."(Leeroy)

"What in gods name are you talking about? There are no flaws to my truce! It increases the survivability of both of our guilds while also giving everyone leeway of grinding exp from a relatively safe position! USE your brain god damnit!"

"(Sigh) Fine, fine... I concede.. But I have a request... Our guild found a teleportation formation that can send 20 people to a specific coordinate and I want to ask you and 9 of your elites. To join us in attacking the Lich"

"Im listening, what our the terms?" Athlete asked not changing the amicable expression he had.

"All you need to do is leave the command of your guild to someone and help us kill the boss, the drops will be givin to the ones that deal the most damage to it. We can even ask Maintenance to help us."(Leeroy)

'Sigh, this is a fucking trap. Only a retard would get tricked by this asshole, But on the other hand. If they are also coming with us there is no harm in teaching them a lesson' Athlete thought.

"Call Erik!" He then faced Leeroy and continued. "Sign the contract, if either of our guild members attack anyone of the opposite guild, they will instantly receive avatar deletion as punishment."

"You've already said a lot, so would it bother you if I gave the command of our entire army to my most trusted man?"(Athlete)

"Not at all... Be my guest"

Erik came forth with a whole new gear totally different from the one he wore when during their expedition, even though he looks relatively fine but the trauma of getting killed like that is far too great and it clearly got etched on his face.

"Take command, minimize casualty as much as possible and prioritize on not getting our army wiped. You've already proven your excellent judgement so I know you're fully capable of this task"

"YES VICE GUILD LEADER!" He didn't flinch from such a massive role like this, everything he's trained for has led him up to this moment!

Finally gathering 9 of his elite members Athlete went ahead with Leeroy and 9 of his guild members. Then they disappeared and appeared behind the giant hordes of zombies. They were a 50 meters behind the chaotic beings and two hundred meters behind the broken gate.

"NOW!" Leeroy shouted and his team all drew their blades and attacked the opposite team. They weren't scared of the instant death punishment, after all they easily circumvented the truce by leaving their guild and avoiding the terms written in paper.

An Assassin appeared behind Athlete but he merely threw a punch, grab his arrow and stabbed it at the Assassin's face and out the back his head.

"Everyone! LEAVE THE GUILD!" Athlete shouted and hurriedly left his position at the guild.

"Can't believe you came even though it was an obvious trap... You're not as smart as I thought" Leeroy grinned.

"HEH, even if we are outnumbered two to one you still won't be able to beat us! WHY YOU ASK? BECAUSE PRODUCTION DIDN'T EVEN NAME YOUR IRRELEVANT GUILD! YOU ARE ALL JUST CANNON FODDER ADDED TO MAKE US LOOK BETTER!"

"What?" Leeroy's eyes burned with rage as he charged Athlete but he responded in kind with a quick [Instant movement] up the air, throwing an explosive on the left and then another one on the right! he then shot the assassins behind his team with a [Manabomb-shot] creating a large explosion akin to a Mage spell.

Nerzul seemed to notice the commotion behind him and saw humans fighting amongst themselves again, he didn't bother on asking his army to turn around and instead he gave them one order. "SCOUR THE CITY! KILL EVERYONE THAT STANDS IN YOUR PATH!" Nerzul is deeply connected to the artifact and he didn't just attack this city because he wanted to. Instead he felt the presense of his stolen item here even though it was safely tucked inside the dimensional bag of Rising Dragons most wanted criminal, Kurtfic!

He then started summoning two fireballs per second and launch them towards the pests behind him.

Now the 20 players were being bombarded by fireballs, but even that didn't stop them from cutting each others throats. Leeroy had three Berserkers which is a class up of Rager, Two Rangers, one Pseudo Magical Beast-Tamer rank up of Tamer class, one Brawler, one Sword-Master, one Defender, one Healer.

Athlete's team comprised of one Mage, two Defenders, three Rangers including himself, one Assassin, two Healers, one Brawler, and lastly was a player with a weird class called Blade-Dancer.

The fight was going strangely, instead of fighting as one, the 10 vs 10 became a 5 vs 5 with five 1vs1's on the sides.

Sword-Master vs Blade-Dancer, Assassin vs Berserker, Brawler vs Brawler, Rager vs Defender and the battle that finished before it even started, Athlete vs Leeroy.

Athlete squatted on top of Leeroy's corpse and watched the others fight their own battles. "You know, you should really assess yourself before trying to challenge us to a 1v1 like this"

He then continued even though Leeroy was already in purgatory and can't hear a word he was saying. "I may not be the highest ranked Ranger but Im still waaay above someone like you. YOU didn't even last a minute and entertain the readers." He looked up and saw the fireballs being thrown towards them, he then shot them down. Even though arrows just pass right through spells, his exploded and destroyed the fireballs upon contact. Athlete isnt necessarily a full Magic type Ranger, instead its because of the synchronization of his skills. [Mana Manipulation(II)], [Explosive Arrows], [Rapid Mana Regen], and lastly was [Rapid Fire]. The last just increases attack speed.

[Explosive Arrows]: Imbues all arrows knocked with explosive and uncontrollable mana that will make the arrow explode dealing 150+(30% Magic Power)+ weapon damage(+60% STR+ 65% DEX) for 40 seconds. (The scope of explosion will mainly be calculated by the users Magic Power)

Manacost: 500

Cooldown: 3 hours

Boom! Boom! BOOOOM!

Once the 40 second duration of the [Explosive Arrows] disappear they'll all be sitting ducks under the bombardment of fireballs. Athlete barked at his team and urged them to finish faster.

"Sorry Vice-GL! I still need more time to break this guy!" answered the Blade-Dancer. Although it sounds like an amazing class but the only thing great about this class is because skills that aren't available in the Sword-Master class can be bought, while existing skills will still be maintained if the player was previously a Fencer class.

At the 30 second mark, the fight escalated to a 5 vs 10 favoring Rising Dragon, but the five players from Rising Dragon guild that hasn't finished their fight still had their pride and they didn't allow the others to butt in their fight. As the strongest guild in Atoru, they still had class and only a weak ass guild that doesn't have confidence in the quality of their members would resort to a brawl of quantity.

The 5vs5 was still at a standstill but the team composition of the other guild didn't have a Defender, this major flaw wasn't that easy to exploit because of the summons of the enemy Beast-Tamer. Summoning tamed monsters in and out of battle. In a way, it wasnt a fair 5vs5 but Rising Dragon were all equipped with not only top of the end items that are currently wearable for the current players, but also are a well oiled team inside and outside the game. The Elite Party of Rising Dragon have an extremely strict requirement and three failures would result in an instant player change with the seemingly talented players in the guild.

Athlete was getting tired of stopping all the fireballs raining down on them, so he rapidly calculated the fire balls trajectory and grinned, he ignored the ones heading straight towards the enemy and shot the rest down.

They can only blame their inadequateness of being unable to react to a fireballs shot from their blindspots.

Boom!

Boom!

Boom!

6