Chapter 76
2.4k 22 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

It takes a while since I'm insisting on mundane ways of transportation and Chiaki isn't too keen to teleport when it's not necessary, but eventually we reach my home.

 

"Whoah, are those the same black veins we have at school?" (C)

"Sigh, please don't remind me. Apparently they spread because of my mere existence." (I)

"Well, I guess it might be hard to find a professional to clean that stuff. Hey, maybe Makoto knows someone who's specialized in this kind of stuff?" (C)

 

Ah, yes.
The well-known miasma infestation cleaning workers of the exorcists.
Who doesn't know them?
Seriously, sometimes I doubt Chiaki's sanity.

The one thing that is striking me is how much more her bright aura contrasts the miasma around her.
I only hope that what we're about to do isn't as harmful to her as it was for mum.
Oh damn, mum!

The person in question comes from the living room.
And Chiaki notices her.

 

"Hello, Ms. Nomia. Still a demon I see." (C)

"Sigh, hello Chiaki. How nice of you to visit us again. Yes, I still have problems with my body. I can't dream, all biological processes ceased, and I noticed that things in my environment start to move when I concentrate too hard on them." (S)

"Wha-, Mum!?" (I)

"Yes, you're not the only one who can do this, Iori." (S)

 

Haha, very funny...
But it sounds awfully concerning.

 

"Iori, shouldn't we now ask your mother?" (C)

"Ah, yes." (I)

"Ask me what?" (S)

"Ehm, Chiaki and I wanted to do something. Something like a sleepover together. And Makoto would maybe join us." (I)

"Oh. Well, with any other boy I'd be more concerned. But with Makoto there's no need to worry about him trying something funny." (S)

"God, mum!" (I)

 

The simple thought is just plain wrong.
Aside from the even more disturbing implications regarding my absolutely inhuman body.
And this so shortly after I had to deal with Makoto's mother and her weird opinions.
Chiaki meanwhile giggles into her sleeve.

 

"Anyway, then we need to bring out another futon." (S)

"Ehm, no mum. Rather we would want to go somewhere together, over the weekend." (I)

"All of you? That's quite a thing. Not like I'm strictly against this, but aren't you a little short of money, Iori? Can you afford a place to rent together?" (S)

"Well, the rent won't be an issue since we wouldn't exactly go to such a place." (I)

"Huh? What do you mean?" (S)

"We would go... into my dream." (I)

"Ehm, just to make sure, if you say dream you don't mean you want to go to a dreamlike place, right?" (S)

"Uh, no. More like a tentacle infested nightmare which shifts with every single thought of mine." (I)

"Nevermind you, but Chiaki?! Do you have any idea what you're intending to do? What... will happen? And then you're transporting Makoto as well?" (S)

 

Mum pales a little at this idea, delving into obviously still very vivid memories.

 

"I know how bad it is to get transported by her. But if you make it through, the place itself can be quite nice and peaceful." (C)

"Nice!?" (S)

"Ehm, yes! Running water, spacious rooms, perfect beddings, always the ideal temperature! You may have to cook for yourself, but the ingredients were all highest quality! Also, I intend to have Iori make us a beach. And all of this close to a castle! For this level of luxury, I'm willing to bear the horror trip to get there! Isn't this alright?" (C)

 

You described that trip as dying by getting eaten alive, Chiaki.
I'm not sure what that's telling about you.
No normal person would have this mindset.

 

"It wasn't like this... before." (S)

 

Mum shivers and I remember that when I pulled her into me back then I hadn't prepared anything in that realm yet.
This must've been really hard to endure.

 

"I've made some changes there. It looks almost... well, not normal, but like a place where you could actually exist." (I)

"And has Makoto any idea what he has to expect? I mean, you told him about the way of transportation?" (S)

"We told him honestly about everything he has to expect. Aside from that I hope he had some kind of mental exorcist training, so it will be easier for him to endure this." (I)

"Oh, yes. That was also a thing. Looking at it that way, maybe I should be a bit concerned about him accompanying you." (S)

"Mum, I can assure you it's literally impossible that anything happens over there that I don't want." (I)

"So to get this straight, you really want to travel to "that place" and intend to do what exactly once you arrive?" (S)

"Having fun at the beach!" (C)

 

Yep, that's a typical Chiaki-answer.
Straight-forward and only half thought through.

 

"You... I..." (S)

"Uh, yes mum?" (I)

"I can't possibly let you go to a place where evidently no laws exist. Not even those of physics. And if Iori now argues that she makes laws there, then that isn't making things any better." (S)

 

She's going to say no.
I can somewhat understand it.
Having us two going to a place where we wield unlimited power and can do what we want without anyone looking after us, isn't what responsible parents should simply permit.
I wasn't too sure about this endeavor in the first place and only agreed because Chiaki pushed it.

 

"Therefore I will accompany you." (S)

"Ah, yes. I understand. It's sad, but there's nothing we can do about it, so... WHAT!?" (I)

"Iori, killing all the light in the room isn't helping me to trust your self-control. As I said, as a responsible adult I cannot let you go there without any supervision. So it will be for the best if I accompany you. And while we're at it, Kuri too." (S)

 

I honestly didn't intend to leave Kuri here all alone without anyone watching her, but mum is a completely different topic.

 

"Mum, think about it. You were so done the last time we traveled together. Do you really want to repeat this?" (I)

"The worst part was that it lasted for so long. If it's just for a moment I can endure. Also, that place is important to you, right? So I should at least visit it once." (S)

 

I am still not sure if this vacation is a good idea.
Whenever I go to that place it feels like one wrong thought might have terrible consequences.
Much more concerning would be that last time there was this weird incident when Chiaki reacted somewhat strangely to me.
It makes me question if I am not somehow controlling everyone who enters my world.
I absolutely don't want to mind-control Chiaki, or my mother while we're at it.
That's simply no relationship.
That's just enslavement.

But the way everything wents right now it seems we are just going down that route.
In the end, I was never able to win a discussion against Chiaki.
But hey, I might stand a chance while she is mind-controlled.

However, now mum says she will join us.
And this while I have no actual argument to put against her reasoning.
For example, the castle is absolutely spacious enough to accommodate all of us, even if others join.
Yet I fear the comments I will receive from mum because of the aforementioned castle.

 

"So, when did you intend to set out? Or... in?" (S)

"Tomorrow morning!" (C)

"So soon? We didn't even pack! What should we even take with us?_ (S)

"That's no problem! Iori can make everything we need over there!" (C)

"Why do I feel that we somewhat misuse creational powers?" (I)

"How could you misuse them? They're yours!" (C)

"I am pretty sure that if somewhere exists a guide for this stuff, then there would be a passage that figuratively says: "Don't use unlimited godlike powers to shape vacation equipment for your convenience into existence!"

"You're overthinking! Just go with the flow and have fun!" (C)

"Whatever, I just realized that I still need to inform Kuri. Just make yourself comfortable as always" (I)

 

Maybe it's better that I am the one who transformed and not Chiaki.
I would worry for the world.
And also all the others.

 

Doing as I said I walk back to my room where I left Kuri.
She immediately notices me.

 

"Mum?" (K)

 

Sounds still weird to be called that.

 

"Hey Kuri. I don't think I have to ask, but we all intend to go into my dream. So do you want to join us?" (I)

"Yes! Yes, absolutely!" (K)

 

Of course, she would agree.
She seems to be excited, but I'm also very sure that she's compelled to do as I want.
I wouldn't want her to stay alone in the apartment, but as I just said I don't like slavery.
So I want that Kuri makes her own decisions.
However, that's going to be a long process and there's no issue with her joining us.

 

"Okay, we are leaving tomorrow, all together." (I)

"Yay!" (K)

 

Well, as long she's content with it I don't think I need to worry about forcing her.
After that, we prepare for the night.

 

"Iori, I didn't pack a toothbrush. Can I have one?" (C)

 

I understand what she's getting at and roll with void black demon eyes.

 

98