Chapter 27 – Quick Bath
5.2k 11 196
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I wasn’t hiding, I just had to –“

 

“I don’t want to hear your poor excuses!”

 

I wasn’t making an excuse though – I had to go to the toilet! Not like she’ll listen to me…

 

“Take her, clean her and then bring her to my room.”

 

“Yes Miss Marie,”

 

Wait was she addressing all of this to Ava? As the recipient of the order came in, I was greeted again by the fabulous maid with twin-tails. Without uttering another word, she calmly grabbed my hand and dragged me along the maze of doors and corridors until arrived in a desolate room, bar for a small boat?

 

“Miss Alice, please get in,”

 

“Huh? Alright.”

 

All the formalities that were gone minutes ago were back in full swing, with a much more robotic voice. As I walked towards the boat thing I was stopped. Ava held my shoulder firmly, before breaking out of her role and laughing.

 

“Have you never taken a shower before? Take of your clothes!”

 

This was a bath? Was Ava going to wash me on the bath as well? I think my heart might melt from this. I slowly took of my clothes trying not to infatuate myself with my body. I know I’d get used to it eventually, but it’s still only been a couple days. After taking my underwear off as well, I hop into the bath.

 

“Ava?”

 

Did she leave the room? Why do I feel disappointment? I hope someone would bring water though, I’m just sitting in a white tub naked.

 

“You called for me?”

 

Ava!

 

“Where were you?”

 

“I had to fetch you the bathwater, sorry for leaving without a word.”

 

“It’s okay, no worries.”

 

Immediately, I was dumped a bucket of water. Oh, it’s scented with flowers too. I guess it’s a replacement for shampoo. Not too bad.

Silence. Should I just try to start some small talk?

 

“Ava-“

 

“Yes Miss Alice?”

 

“Just call me Alice please,”

 

“As you wish Mi- I mean Alice,”

 

Could I flirt with her?

 

“What do you think of Marie?”

 

Why did I ask this instead? Of course, the second I wanted to try my luck my brain short-circuits and asks this instead!

… but no answer?

 

“Lucky.”

 

“Why lucky?”

 

“I heard she got adopted one day by the Marquis. Imagine going from a slum dweller to a noble you know!”

 

So, I get ‘adopted’ and treated as a ‘pet’ while she goes from poor to powerful… I’m not feeling bitter… not at all…

 

“God, I wish that was me,”

 

“Ha-ha same,”

 

I’m glad our opinion of Marie wasn’t high, but was she allowed to talk about her employee’s daughter like that? After she styled my hair, I got up and dried myself with the cloth there.

 

*sniff*

 

I really did smell like flowers.

 

*mun-*

 

“Argh,”

 

Why did I have to bite my arm like this!

Ava’s face was burnt crimson as she was handing me my cloth-

What the hell were these? It was more encompassing than my previous underwear, but don’t I have anything else? I became flustered. All I was wearing now was a short-skirt and something like a crop top? Did these even exist during these times?

With an apologetic smile, I was led back again to Marie’s room.

 

196