Chapter 43 – What comes next?
2.8k 12 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After finishing six more meals I let out a sigh. It felt like everything that went down evaporated immediately, slowly getting back my energy. I should have just left a snarky reply, but Rio just had to but in. All I had to do was say a snarky comeback and that would have been it. Why do I have to always create such problems for myself.

Should I just aim to leave? I do have a continued aim of wanting to get stronger, but is it something I can progress here? Honestly, I wonder what Marie and the rest of her family are up to now. Never mind. They’re probably in the list of people I don’t want to see. Coming back to the topic of strength, I don’t really have a wise understanding of people’s power in comparison to mine. Other than probably mana.

 

*Flick*

 

Hmm? Rubbing my cheeks, I turned around to find the culprit of the act. My new friend and now student, Rio was standing there smiling cheerfully with another plate in one hand.

 

“Oh, thank you.”

 

I calmly reached out for another plate to fill my energy shortage, before it was immediately swung away.

 

“Rio!”

 

“Don’t go back on your word to teach me the cool kick you did!”

 

“Yes! Yes! Just give it!”

 

Seriously this girl. I already agreed to teach you! Aggressively taking the plate, I dig in for my seventh meal of the day. The food here, like my experience with grass, truly tasted excellent. The explosion of flavors from a single bite made each one, made me more ravenous than the last. I must have gotten lost in thought for a second since normal food would most likely taste far superior to human flesh ever could. Maybe the mana beasts’ flesh would also taste both like meat and contain a handful of the magic substance for replenishment. I’ll think about it more if the time comes to it.

After finishing my seventh plate, I felt slightly more recharged but still sluggish. Where was I going to sleep today? If I was going to sleep. If I could physically enhance my wool, would that mean I could just give myself a super comfortable bed? Or at least something like a futon. Unfortunately, I’ll have to think of a training plan for tomorrow too. What can I even teach them? ‘Grow wool and use it to strengthen yourself’? Though more importantly-

 

“Hey Rio, since I’ll be giving you lessons, do I get a place to stay?”

 

“We’ll be sharing a bed you dummy. I was the one who brought you to the town, where else will you stay here?”

 

I nodded. I wasn’t expecting to stay the night and I certainly wasn’t expecting lady Haise to allow me to stay here for the night in the first place. Wait… sharing beds? Well, I’m a girl now. A cute one at that. This isn’t the first time so no need to feel shy! Right?

 

Ignoring the volcanic eruption on my cheeks, I walked back to the red building while planning what in the world I would teach them tomorrow.

Sorry for the long period of time without updates, sheep is back full time with daily uploads. Thank you for sticking with the series!

91