Chapter 1 – A Warm Feeling
5.2k 13 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A beautiful warmth envelops me.
I feel myself pressed against a smooth, silky soft surface.
And it smells nice too.
Is this what Heaven is like?

Wait, Heaven?

I'm not even particularly religious. Why's that the first thing that comes to mind?

Anyway.

Just now I was on my way home from work, wasn't I?
My memory feels blurry but I'm pretty sure that just a moment ago I left the company in high spirits after a fulfilling day at work.

It was raining.

Right. Now that I think about it, I remember something racing towards me and then... my memory cuts off completely.

...

Did I really just die like that?
I've always been one to take things the way they come at me, but I have to admit, this came out of left field.

Still, Heaven, huh?
I have no complaints about the softness and temperature but...
I would have expected it to be a bit less dark.

Actually, dark might be underselling it... I can't see a goddamn thing.

Wait, am I allowed to swear in heaven?

...

As I internally debate this important question, I suddenly feel myself getting pushing from behind, into the the warm, supple wall in front of me.
I instantly react and try to push myself away using my arms...
But I can't.
It's not like I'm too weak or don't have enough stamina to do so.
I simply can't.
As in -  There is no such thing moving my arms.
The concept is absent.

And thus, without any resistance, my head is squashed in and my entire body deforms under the force of what feel to be the embrace of a giant.

Instant punishment, huh? I should have listened to my dear grandma and been less of a foul mouth...

Oh well, guess this is going to be the end of me once again.
After all, there's no way a human can survive being crushed like that.

My second life was short, but at least I enjoyed it while it lasted.

...

But after a while I realize... I'm still here.

Actually... I don't feel any pain either. Only the soft sensation from before.
And now that I'm smothered against it like this... I feel like the surface in front of me is slowly moving back and forth?

"Nhnm..."

I hear a soft voice that sounds like the drowsy mumbling of a girl.

And then... *swosh*
The darkness is pulled away.
The sudden light blinds me for a brief moment before revealing the truth about my situation.

From below, I see the sleepy looking face of an incredibly cute looking little girl.
She has soft, slightly pink lips and rosy cheeks.
Her shoulder length blonde hair falls to the sides of her forehead as she rubs her eyes with her hand.
I am awestruck.
Never in my life have I witnessed such perfect adorableness.

But wait. First, let's use reasoning here.

Judging from my positions below, the wall that I find myself pressed against is, in fact, the chest of this blonde girl.

But how?

I'm a grown man but it seems like she's at least five times my size.
The only explanations here would be that she's some kind of giant.

The way my face is pointing, the only things I can see are her head, the grayish looking pillow she rests on and an engraved metal choker around her neck.

I try to move to look around, but like before I can't, and so I resign myself to taking in the cuteness in front of me.

Haah, she's so close. This really is Heaven.

...

*Nhnhhah*

The girl looks at me with her brilliantly shimmering golden eyes and smiles.

"Good morning Mr. Bear. Did you also sleep well?" She asks in a slightly monotone-sounding voice.

103