Chapter 4 – A Name and an Encounter
3.6k 8 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Status-
------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Bear
Title: -
Class: -
Gender: -
Race: Plush Toy
--------------------
Level: 2
Health: 5/5
Stamina: 0/0
Experience: 13/100
Focus: 10/10
Skill Points: 1
--------------------
-Effects-
None
--------------------
-Attributes-
Strength:     0
Dexterity:     0
Endurance:     0
Sorcery:     0
Charisma:     3
Faith:         -
--------------------
-Traits-
[Inanimate Object] Cannot move.
[Pervert] Gains experience through unconventional means.
--------------------
-Skills-
[Appraisal LV1]
------------------------------------------------------------

Mhm.. Mhm.. Makes sense.
Except... IT DOESN'T!

Alright, calm down. Let's digest this bit by bit.

5 health? I have nothing to compare that to, but it sounds like I'd die if I fall to the ground. I better pray that she doesn't drop me.

Aside from that, I guess no physical stats are to be expected. After all I can't even move a finger. Not that I have any fingers to move, but the point stands.

Now on to the next part.
Sorcery huh? Seems like this really is another world.
Wow, magic! How exciting. At least it would be if there wasn't a big fat 0 next to it. From my physical prowess I'm guessing having a stat be 0 means I can't use it at all.
Great.

Then onto the traits.

'[Inanimate Object]'
Really rubbing it in, are we?

Hah, I won't be discouraged by that.
I am a plush toy and I am proud!

...

[Pervert]. Uh... yeah.
I'm not going to argue about that one.

And no skills aside from [Appraisal LV1].

Okay.
That was less exciting than I anticipated.

I had hoped for like... anything really.
Guess I'll have to content with just enjoying the view for now.

Speaking of view.

We reach the door leading out of the building and enter a wide courtyard. To the left side lies a small circular building made up of antique looking white stone columns with a round dome on top. Perhaps some kind of shrine I'm guessing.

More importantly, to the right there's a large metal gate in the white stone wall that's surrounding the entire yard.
And in front of it a group of about twenty girls is lined up, all wearing fairly expensive-seeming tunics or silky looking colored dresses. 

They appear to be lined up by height going from smallest to the left to biggest to the right.

My owner quickly hurries all the way to the left and positions herself next to a slightly bigger girl with curly brown hair that's wearing a white tunic with a pink colored belt.
It goes without saying but she's not as cute as my owner.

Looking up close now I can tell that none of girls are older than fifteen and among them she's probably the youngest.

Suddenly I hear a stressed sounding male voice from behind.

"Dammit, Aurelia. Where were you?"
"He's about to arrive and..."

The man storms up in front of us. He's wearing a white garb with a big orange sash.
His hair is black and his sharp, beardless face tells me he's a strict person.

"Are you seriously wearing your pajamas?"

"Ah." Even in surprise she sounds monotone.

"Gh... it doesn't matter. He's not going to buy you anyway. Just don't embarrass me further, alright?"

She nods and presses against her a bit stronger than before.

How dare he talk like that to MY little girl?
I'm not sure which makes me more angry. The fact that he wants to sell my owner or the fact that he think she won't be bought.

Anyway. Aurelia, huh? I was getting tired of just calling her owner, but I can't say it's a name I'd have chosen for her.

How about... Lia. That sounds much cuter.

'Lia's rosy cheeks.'
'Lia's silky smooth chest.'
'Lia's budding mounds.'

Alright, I like it.
So that's settled then, I'm going to call her Lia from now.

...

*CREEEAAK*

The iron gate is shoved open by two guards standing outside and an intricate wooden carriage drawn by two horses drives onto the courtyard.

The coachman stops the horses and positions the carriage in front of the line of waiting girls. The apparent owner of this establishment, who was so rude to Lia just now, walks up to the door as the coachman pulls it open.

The man in the white garb kneels down, but no one seems to come out.

The inside of the carriage is poorly lit and I can't make out anything.

After a few moments of waiting, finally a figure appears in the door frame.

Blonde hair, a face that screams 'will stab you in the back as soon es he gets the chance' and a green velvet robe.

I don't like this guy.

92