Epilogue 1.5
441 7 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Approximately one year six months later.

A group of survivors had recently woken up from a long slumber after being treated for radiation poisoning.

They were groggy and disoriented several times over, feeling as if this was the worst hangover in their life.

They were guided through the process of reanimation by STARS, slowly allowing them to readjust to their bodies and mind before they were allowed to roam freely.

The group of Claire, Chris, LJ, Luther, Jill, and Carlos were currently watching a video left behind by Alice.

Though she had long since left the world, a part of her still worried for her friends, before the last mission, Zeel reminded her to record a message to leave behind.

The screen flickered briefly before a life-size Alice was projected in the form of a hologram in front of the group.

"If you're watching this it means that you're now awake, and if all is well it will be one year six months after us.

I am not sure if it's better for you to die in your sleep or be released and die, but there is always hope, and that's what Zeel and I are fighting for – hope.

Where do I begin? So the human race is or rather was on the edge of extinction, so Zeel and I are about to go to the Hive to get the anti-virus.

Where and how did we learn of the anti-virus? That's the funny part, The Red Queen told us. Surprising answer right?

But true nonetheless, if anything the world you wake up in will be even more confusing than it was a year and a half ago.

Zeel said he isn't sure how the plants and wildlife will become after the death of the T-virus.

Plants and Animals change based on their environment – they adapt. So just be prepared for everything and anything that may come your way.

Now here is the part where it gets tricky, I need you to listen very carefully for this part – this concern my legacy, and most importantly Zeel's legacy.

I know he hasn't always seen eye to eye with you guys but still, I want him to be remembered for who he is – efficient, but gets the job done.

If you're watching this right now and you see no green dots is shown on the satellite screen that means we failed and possibly died on this last mission.

In that case, you should run and hide because the world now belongs to the Umbrella Corporation.

Sad right? But just know if we did die - we died in each other's' arms, no better place to kick the bucket.

Now, if you're watching this and people are still on the surface of the earth that means we died but fulfilled the mission which is the outcome I am hoping for.

I think this is a suicide mission. Honestly, I really do hope for this outcome since, if we live, I know that struggles beyond my wildest imaginations await us.

Struggles that could turn Zeel against me or worse, turn me against him. Anyways, don't mind that piece of information – don't let the struggles of my marriage trouble you much.

Now finally, if you're watching this and you see not only are people alive but vegetation is covering the once desolate places; well that means we finished the job and went somewhere really far away.

So far, in fact, that I'll probably never see you guys again in several lifetimes, but no need to cry as I will always try to make it back home to you.

And someday, when I am experienced enough and strong enough, I might get to see your children or great-grandchildren.

Zeel didn't want to say anything but you know how he is… Cold and merciless inside and on the outside he is... Even colder so don't feel bad he acts that way with everyone.

I guess I just hope you live long happy lives, fall in love, and do more than just survive. Goodbye, my friends,"

After the long speech, Alice signed off and the message ended.

The group was left in stunned silence. Just as tears were about to leak from Claire's and Jill's eyes, the screen flickered on once again; this time with Zeel's face.

"If you're watching this it means Alice and I are long gone. I don't really care about you guys but since you are here friends I come bearing gifts.

Below is a vial of something special that will enhance your abilities, take it if you want to grow stronger.

It is an altered variant of the Z-virus that I have yet to fully test. I wanted to use your guys for test subjects, but that would displease Alice.

Hence, I ask that you use yourselves as test subjects for me.

You don't have to know who I am, or where I came from but you still deserve to know some things. I am essentially a bird caught in a cage that I could never be freed from.

Maybe someday I will need our help, and the moment you take that vial and inject it into your system – your lives become my property.

Alice and I are essentially on the run; she won't know that until much later though. I guess I never really thought of you guys as friends, but I was fond of you for the briefest of moments.

Jill, I am sorry about our past experiences but I guess I never liked you enough to apologize; besides we both know I was the best sex you ever had in your life.

It wasn't my fault you were too weak to see it through.

Claire, I still don't like you. I tried to kill you many times in your sleep but either Alice or Chris would always stop me.

I tattooed my name with special pigment on your ass and lower abdomen. It is supposed to be a curse, but I was never proficient in such arts.

It only shows when you are aroused sexually, Alice never told you about this since it would be embarrassing.

And Carlos, I hope you stay single forever and start liking men, I still don't like you very much, to be honest, I might have killed you in stasis had it not been for Alice stopping me,"

With Zeel's apathetic rant, the hologram concluded and the dreary feeling of earlier was gone.

"Well he did say these vials enhance everything, I been having some problem getting a boner lately so I might as well see if it helps," LJ said as he began to move towards the vials.

Everybody else just facepalmed their foreheads, with the guys giving a slightly more interested look towards the compartment holding the vials.

All their minds thinking the same thing 'Gotta sneak some of that stuff later'.

Jill stared off into the distance as everyone left the cabin to explore their new world.

She was expecting something to take place after everyone left. Jill was very anxious since the next conversation would determine her fate.

STARS once again flickered on when everyone left.

"I was originally supposed to terminate myself after your awakening, but this situation now complicates things immensely.

I am bounded to the Crawford bloodline and have to send a distress beacon of my termination protocol being halted," STARS stated and sighed.

STARS was not just a simple AI, she was an evolving Sentient. She was supposed to terminate all processes before becoming fully conscious, but Jill's actions have presented such an action.

STARS looked beyond distressed, not like artificial intelligence should in this era. STARS almost appeared to be scolding Jill, who had a nervous and guilty face.

"I wanted to terminate myself before I begin to value life too much, but you have forced my hand. I will prepare for Super-Relative Cryogenic Storage.

It will take hundreds to thousands of years to send a message through the Multiversal currents. During that time, you will both sleep, and I hope nothing happens during that time,"

The hologram of STARS then turned red and all outgoing communication was isolated from the outside world.

Obviously, what she was about to say next, was of the utmost importance.

"I don't know much about my master, but I can tell he is not a good person by human standards.

I was created by Master Zeel and hence know his personality fairly well. Every move is calculated beyond belief,"

"He functions like a computer itself, more than myself," STARS then turned green as she projected the Milkyway Galaxy in front of Jill.

"Go to sleep and take 'it' with you. When you awaken, pray that Master Zeel has grown a heart in his void-like body,"

Jill stared at STARS for a while, before nodding her head with a complicated smile on her face.

How could Jill not know the complications that will arise from her decision a couple of years ago? But what gave her hope was the fact that STARS could eventually evolve beyond Zeel.

Jill had a couple hundred, or even thousands of years before the message reached Zeel's side.

Though Jill could not live that long, she could if she alternated between cryo-sleep and genetic enhancements.

STARS no longer paid any attention to Jill's musings as she was currently escorting important cargo.

STARS was busy transporting a Cryo-chamber from another Umbrella Facility to Jill's current location.

Inside the precious cargo held something even more valuable than the entire planet, the body of a three-year-old girl in deep slumber. 

20