Chapter 150 – Johnny Blaze
128 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zeel, Alice, and Elizabeth drove back to their mansion in the city. It had been their home for the past six months but held no sentimental values in their hearts.

Entering the garage, Elizabeth noted that it was filled with cars of all kinds.

Shopping for cars was an enjoyable pass time for Alice and Zeel, hence their mansions on any planet they encountered would be filled with cars of all types.

Elizabeth, on the other hand, would prefer her motorcycles, she had a tendency to buy new ones every so often, going as far as to design a couple herself – 'a gift to the world' she called it.

Bursting into the mansion, the group packed up everything in a hurry and burned other less essential paper works that could be loitering around.

Packing was an easy process since with a wave of the hand, everything became silver balls that disappeared into their storage dimension.

"Everything finished?" Zeel asked in a hurry concerned they would miss the energy signature if they stayed any longer.

Waiting for months on end without any results and suddenly getting a ping in a romantic moment, the Universe was clearly laughing at them. Yes, even Zeel could have noticed that earlier was a romantic moment.

"We're good, let's go. The nanites have been planted in the foundation," Alice said as Zeel waved his hand and three infiltrators appeared from below the floor, alongside the antigravity boots on their feet.

The infiltrators were still powered by the antigravity boots since Zeel had contingencies in place to make sure that no one could use his equipment besides the three of them.

"Location and ETA?" Elizabeth asked morphing into her combat gear, which now consisted of silver-lined military pants and shirt.

"The outskirts of a deserted town called San Vengaza. There is weird darkness surrounding the place as well. What do we know about demons?" Alice asked after seeing the waywardness of the energy readings appearing at the deserted village.

The trio has memories about demons from Lorien and even Zeel's memories, but have yet to actually combat one.

"Lorien didn't encounter any, but it is mentioned they can kill gods. We get in and out, you know the plan. Let's go," Zeel said as he hopped into the infiltrator followed closely by Elizabeth and Alice.

Demons were the least of Zeel's worries since he was confident in dealing with a couple of them.

This was their first time dealing with the supernatural so they had become extra wary, almost to the point of falling into Zeel's paranoia-like behavior.

The infiltrators shot off into the sky in the southern direction, not long after the mansion exploded erasing all traces of the three people who resided at that location.

Elizabeth was a bit sad to leave but found comfort in the fact that she had donated her motorcycles to charity. 'Give a little everywhere you go,' Elizabeth thought and made a mental note to get Zeel and Alice in on the donation next time.

Five minutes later, the group was two minutes out, about to start descent near the outskirts of San Vengaza.

*Boom*

The infiltrators touched down, Zeel slowed his perception of time while using his super-speed to run to the four edges of the abandoned town, laying Loric runes before making his way to the center of the town.

Alice reinforced the Loric runes with her telekinetic energy, creating another dome within a dome, but this one was faintly red in color.

Elizabeth manipulated water beneath the soil to rise just below the surface layer and then supercharged the moisture with lightning as the last defense.

Zeel gave both girls a spec bomb in case things went especially dicey, one thing they knew for a fact from Lorien's knowledge – gods and demons are significantly weaker in a dimension that is not their own, some couldn't even attack outside their dimension.

Finished with their respective preparations, the group then joined up at the center of the town where they could hear talking taking place within a nearby building.

Alice and Elizabeth's first thought was to make everything go 'boom', but quickly shook the thought away – since when had they become an explosion maniac like Zeel?

Making their way near the building that seemed to be a collapsed church, the trio could hear two people talking.

"Congratulations, Johnny. You upheld your end of the bargain. It's time I take back

the power of the Ghost Rider," The man said.

He seemed to be the fitting image of any kind old man you would meet on the streets of New York.

"You get your life back. The love you've always wanted. You can start a family of your own. There are more deals to be made. More people willing to give their souls for what they desire. Let someone else carry this curse. You're free now. After all, a deal's a deal," The man was about to continue but paused and turned his head in another direction.

"It seems we already have guests willing to make a deal. Come on in," he said turning his withered, old gaze towards the hiding Alice, Zeel, and Elizabeth.

Zeel, Alice, and Elizabeth walked into the collapsed church building, all the while taking out their respective weapons that complement their abilities.

Alice had her vibranium daggers, Elizabeth had her sound amplifying vibranium gloves, and Zeel had his sword made from vibranium with small traces of Emospectruminum.

"We're just passing through," Zeel mentioned still as cautious as ever.

He was never truly afraid since he had god-like trump cards, but his trump cards were so valuable to him than even his own parents since they decided whether or not he would survive a conflict.

"The name is Mephistopheles, I smelt you the moment you entered this planet. The smell of peak human flesh that is about to be shed... brings back memories," Mephistopheles said sniffing the air in their direction.

Elizabeth and Alice had already developed a trauma towards creepy, old men from his look alone.

"Haha," Elizabeth started laughing out the blue.

"What? To think we made all those precautions to avoid confronting a supernatural being, and here we are. We have successfully trapped ourselves inside this abandoned town with the devil himself," Elizabeth said, drawing Zeel's and Alice's attention to the irony of the situation.

Alice shrugged "It is a bit funny after all,"

"If you know he is the devil then you should know what comes from a deal with him," Johnny said, off to the side while hiding a woman behind him - Roxanne.

"We didn't come for the deal," said Zeel raising his Mbeamer "Apparently we are here for you?"

The Mbeamer on the wrists of the group blaring up whenever they point it towards Johnny Blaze.

4