Chapter 184 – Messing With Time
102 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment the voice faded in obscurity, Zeel could feel his traces upon time being reversed.

The mere strain on the time continuum was beyond anything Zeel had seen before. One had to note that traveling through time was relatively easy.

One could simply speed around a gravitational body at near light speed to travel a couple of seconds into the future – rudimentary but works nonetheless.

The problem came from the backlash of leaving traces in time.

Time, itself, was neither alive nor dead, but a delicate concept that varied in different Universes. Time was a unit that spanned the Multiverse in an intricate network.

This meant that even Gods of Time had to play by the rules of time, but whatever was happening right now did not play by any rules.

Often, messing with time was equivalent to ruining yourself.

Traveling through time was possible, manipulating time was possible, but taking control of the time continuum itself was beyond godlike.

Currently, Zeel was seeing that event happen before his eyes.

Everything left traces but the force acting on the time continuum was time, itself.

It was almost as if time had come alive and was doing the work in hopes of impressing whatever higher being just spoke.

Zeel grimaced at the caution in which time was rewinding, he could even feel his memories shifting and disappearing from nanites and brain cells alike.

Zeel was a god, and that was fine for him, but the issue was his Homo-Superior nature that was also powerless before the force at play.

The changes to Zeel's physique slowly regressed as the entire series of events were retraced backward.

The mysterious force he shattered once again bound his body as Elizabeth's head morphed back onto her collapsed body.

She was now standing with the tear sliding back into her eye sockets.

With the shattering of the Dimensional Barrier, Zeel disappeared and found himself once more beside Alice staring at the Kraken in the distance.

The memory of everything finally fading from his mind entirely despite his desperate attempts to preserve the memory.

Then... everything came to a stop and resumed once more.

Standing next to Alice one moment, the next moment, Zeel's time zone shifted.

He was dragged towards Elizabeth's location.

Zeel had no memory of what previously occurred but he faintly sensed a temporal anomaly that quickly faded into obscurity.

Searching for that exact same temporal anomaly would be like picking a specific spaghetti strand from a bucket load of ramen.

Easy to identify but also very time consuming; he chose to forego the inspection since it was probably a technicality.

Temporal anomalies during teleportation were a dime a dozen, but he still felt a strange sense of de ja vu.

The moment Zeel appeared, he was already in a different time zone with transparent lightning covering the entirety of his body, crawling on his skin more vividly than ever before.

Zeel turned his head 90 degrees to see a huge hand near Elizabeth's face.

The hands so massive, scarred and littered with green moss, that one could mistake it for a statue remnant of an ancient war.

It almost looked like the hand of Kong, but much larger and dense to the brim with divinity.

Elizabeth was concentrated on absorbing the last remnants of divinity from the blue crystal gem, the skies above her had become black with the disappearance of blue sky, and stars.

Zeel could tell that she was simultaneously gathering the divine energy from the skies while also absorbing the divine spark in her hands.

There was a faint sign of fear edged onto her face so Zeel could tell that the attack had caught her off-guard.

Zeel felt a bit disappointed that he had such a pathetic lover. Rewinding time meant that his previous unwillingness to lose Elizabeth had also disappeared.

Zeel calmly walked to her side, he could see the intense pain she was currently experiencing.

Prayers were a troublesome aspect of being a god, even now he had only barely managed to block it entirely.

During times of half slumber, he could still hear mortals praying for many things – yes mortals and not humans alone.

"There is nothing you can give that has not already been given," Zeel whispered into Elizabeth's ear.

While she may not hear him now, the nanites would record and make sense of the information at amazing speeds the moment he exited this time zone.

Zeel calmly walked in front of her and placed his hand on the enormous palm that was nearing her delicate face.

Zeel grunted in pain, one would think he was severely constipated looking at his face.

His body flickered in and out of existence for about a minute before materializing once again in front of Elizabeth.

The giant mythical beast below the Earth had begun to flicker in and out of existence with him.

Transporting something with divinity could not be done with technology, so Zeel had to use his own Dimensional Travelling Divinity for the task.

He began to cough up more and more blood as the strain of jumping with the beast was a bit too tall.

Zeel couldn't tell the exact size of the beast since the majority of its body was below ground, but he knew that it was at least a couple hundred meters.

Actually, Zeel did not even understand why he wanted to save Elizabeth at this time. Transporting such a large beast would cause him internal injuries, and he didn't exactly love Elizabeth.

"Arrrrgggghhhhh,"

With one final below Zeel and the creature disappeared and reappeared in the desert just before the impact of The Kraken.

Zeel once again noted that the timing of everything was a bit messed up, even in a different time zone, more time should have passed by on Alice's side.

'Maybe I had entered a deeper time zone?' Zeel guessed, and quite convincingly so since all the signs would indeed point to that logical conclusion.

'Boom'

'Boom'

Two loud bangs were heard as Zeel's body flickered with lightning, pulling Alice alongside himself.

The fall of two massive mythical creatures was enough to replicate the impact site of a couple of nukes.

The desert sand evaporating from the combination of heat and divine energy.

All of a sudden, Zeel held his chest as gold lightning ran across his body.

He coughed up a mouthful of golden-blood, also known as ichor or god's essence.

He grew confused since he had already paid the toll for his earlier premature use of his traveling divinity.

"Which law did you break?" Alice asked confused since she could tell he had gone to Elizabeth's side earlier.

"I am not sure," Zeel replied thinking back to all the actions he had done within the past couple of hours.

"I didn't kill or steal anything," Zeel said after careful contemplation.

"Let's just chalk it up to 'the world hates you,'" Alice said after which she refocused her attention to the dispersing smoke that would reveal their respective opponents.

Zeel had forgotten that he was embroiled in a temporal anomaly earlier.

Gods were expected to be higher beings, so while humans might not receive a severe backlash from messing with time, gods were different.

It was akin to a child stealing money from a table – spanking is necessary, but when an adult does it, that person goes to prison.

As a god, Zeel was protected from temporal anomalies but messing where he should not, could also earn him a metaphorical 'spanking'.

"If we keep losing more essence like this, we'll be human again before we know it," Alice joked but she was right on the mark considering the amount of blood they had lost in the past 24 hours.

Zeel shook his head in disagreement "When our divinity disperses, we will die you know? We don't revert back to human since we would explode from the accumulated energy,"

"Great another thing to look forward to!" Alice complained annoyed, not noticing that she appeared more Elizabeth-like the more time the duo spent together.

The dust soon cleared, revealing a crimson red Kraken, and a Gigantape with a cloudy texture of divinity surrounding its body.

Alice and Zeel braced themselves for the epic battle that would soon occur.

Codes flickering across their pupils as nuclear facilities from the northern hemisphere zeroed in on their location in Tanzania, East Africa.

Zeel had correctly judged their inability to combat two mythical level beasts, so he reverted to the backup plan that had yet to fail him in any Universe – blow shit up and hope for the best.

Alice flashed a brilliant smile "You just want an excuse to let all hell loose,"

Zeel didn't retort and instead opted to focus on the incoming battle.

Alice would have normally stopped Zeel from launching nuclear missiles that could possibly kill thousands of people, but she knew they had no other choice.

They had an advantage since the Kraken was entirely blind, and they needed to capitalize on that.

4