Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 279. Next Queen IV
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 279. Next Queen IV

"I know war sometimes cannot be avoided, Your Majesty. It's just… I hope innocent civilians don't have to get involved," Claire expressed her heartfelt concern, her voice tinged with sadness. Her words resonated deeply with Angel, prompting him to consider the weight of his decisions and their impact on the people of his kingdom.

Claire's words hung heavy in the air, reflecting the somber reality of the consequences of war. Angel listened attentively, his expression grave as he absorbed her words. He understood Claire's compassion and shared her sentiment, understanding the importance of safeguarding innocent lives amidst the chaos of conflict.

"That's a hard thing, Claire," Angel acknowledged, his tone solemn. He didn't mince words or attempt to sugarcoat the harsh reality of warfare. Instead, he opted for honesty, recognizing the complexity of the situation they faced. "But you know me. I will try to minimize unnecessary sacrifices," he reassured them, his voice infused with determination. Despite the challenges they faced, Angel remained steadfast in his commitment to protecting his people and mitigating the human cost of conflict.

He understood the importance of balancing military strategy with humanitarian concerns, striving to achieve victory while minimizing collateral damage. His preference for targeted strikes and swift, decisive action reflected his efforts to limit the impact of war on civilian populations, proof of his commitment to ethical leadership.

"Do you want to hold the court tomorrow, Your Majesty?" Chancellor Allan inquired, his voice carrying a hint of levity as he sought to steer the conversation in a more positive direction.

Chancellor Allan's attempt to diffuse the tension in the room was met with a nod of appreciation from Angel. The atmosphere had grown heavy with the weight of their discussion, and the Chancellor's suggestion offered a welcomed respite.

Angel seized upon the opportunity to alleviate some of the tension, his expression softening as he considered the Chancellor's proposal. "Yes, maybe in the afternoon since this was a bit sudden. They probably need to get ready," he replied thoughtfully. It was a pragmatic decision, allowing the nobles time to prepare for the upcoming court session and ensuring that they were given ample notice.

As he spoke, Angel's gaze shifted to the open folder on his desk, his mind already turning to the logistics of the court proceedings. He knew that his announcement regarding Rose would likely spark significant discussion among the nobles, and he wanted to ensure that the meeting proceeded smoothly.

In his position as king, Angel understood the importance of maintaining stability and order within the kingdom. With his recent military victories and growing influence, he was keenly aware of the power he wielded over Euphorion's nobles. As such, he was confident that they would be hard-pressed to refuse his request for their approval.

Chancellor Allan nodded in understanding. "I will send the invitations immediately," he replied, his tone respectful as he acknowledged the importance of the upcoming court session.

"Just remember. Don't say anything about what I'm going to announce," Angel interjected, his expression serious. "Some might choose not to attend the court to draw it out. Just say I want to discuss something important with them."

The reminder highlighted the delicate nature of the situation. Angel was aware that some nobles might try to delay the discussion, hoping to avoid or prolong the inevitable. By keeping the nature of the announcement vague, Angel hoped to prevent any attempts to delay the proceedings.

Chancellor Allan understood the implications of Angel's request. He knew that the success of the court session depended on maintaining a sense of urgency and importance among the nobles. With that in mind, he assured Angel, "I will ensure that the invitations are worded appropriately to convey the urgency of the matter."

Angel turned to the twins, his gaze steady and commanding. " This also applies to both of you. Don't say anything about this discussion to anyone," he reminded them, his tone firm yet composed.

The twins, Cley and Claire, exchanged a knowing glance before bowing in acknowledgment of Angel's command. They understood the importance of discretion, especially in matters as sensitive as this. Without the need for further explanation, they were already aware of why Angel had issued such a directive.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

2