Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 280. The Court I
82 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 280. The Court I

After the discussion was over, Chancellor Allan returned to his office and turned to his aide. "Send out the invitations immediately," he instructed, his voice firm and decisive. "Make sure they reach all the high nobles as soon as possible."

The aide nodded in understanding. Quickly, he gathered the scrolls and began inscribing each one with the necessary details. The invitations were to be delivered to the high nobles, each one bearing the seal of White Moon Castle, the symbol of authority in Euphorion.

This urgent court summons was highly unusual, especially considering the recent string of victories under the king's leadership. The nobles, accustomed to Angel's strategic prowess and decisive actions, found themselves perplexed by the sudden call for an urgent meeting.

Throughout the afternoon and evening, the high nobles received the invitations, each one puzzled by the cryptic message contained within. The mention of an urgent matter to be conveyed by King Angelus only served to deepen their confusion. Rarely did Angel convene an urgent court unless the kingdom faced imminent danger or crisis.

However, with the kingdom enjoying a period of stability and prosperity, the nobles found themselves unable to make sense of the situation. Speculation ran rampant among them, with theories ranging from potential threats to diplomatic matters of utmost importance.

Most of them responded promptly, expressing their intention to attend the court meeting despite its sudden nature. Though taken aback by the unexpected urgency, the nobles understood the gravity of the situation and the importance of heeding the king's call.

With the meeting scheduled for the following day, many of the nobles immediately set about making preparations for their journey to White Moon Castle. Some, who resided in nearby cities, planned to depart early in the morning, while those from more distant regions made arrangements to leave at dawn. Fortunately, the threat of monster attacks had significantly diminished in recent times, allowing for safer travels, especially during the early hours when the creatures were less active.

However, amidst the preparations, a few noble ladies expressed their desire to accompany their fathers to the court meeting. Eager to experience the grandeur of the castle and perhaps catch a glimpse of the king. Yet, their fathers, mindful of the urgent nature of the meeting and the king's recent return from Asteria, hesitated to grant their wishes. Concerned about the gravity of the matters to be discussed and wary of Angel's potential mood, they deemed it inappropriate for their daughters to attend.

The next afternoon approached. The area surrounding White Moon Castle buzzed with activity as nobles from near and far began to arrive for the urgent court meeting summoned by King Angelus. Throughout the morning, carriages and entourages made their way towards the imposing structure, each arrival adding to the growing anticipation of the gathering within.

Some nobles, eager to heed the king's call promptly, arrived at the castle gates early in the morning, wasting no time in making their presence known within the castle walls.

On the other hand, there were those who opted to take a more leisurely approach to their arrival. Savoring the opportunity to explore the city and soak in its sights and sounds, these nobles chose to delay their entry into the castle, preferring to indulge in a leisurely stroll or engage in casual conversations with the locals before attending to their official duties at court.

Amidst the hustle and bustle of the castle grounds, Lady Belle stood out among the crowd, her presence drawing curious glances and whispers from those around her. Unlike many of her fellow noblewomen who had opted to forego attending the court meeting, Lady Belle had made the decision to accompany her father, driven by a desire to assert her presence and establish her place within the realm of politics.

The nobles gathered within the White Moon Castle, whispers and murmurs filled the air, swirling with speculation and curiosity about the purpose of the urgent court meeting summoned by the king. Eager to uncover the nature of the impending discussions, some nobles discreetly sought out the servants and soldiers stationed within the castle, hoping to glean any morsel of information regarding the king's intentions.

However, their efforts were met with frustration as the servants and soldiers maintained an air of secrecy, refusing to divulge any details about the proceedings. With Cley and Claire conspicuously absent from the scene, the nobles found themselves at a loss, unable to extract any insight into the mysterious summons from the king.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

3