First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 16. Killing The King II
1k 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 16. Killing The King II

They entered a large room with white walls and gold ornaments adorned their surroundings. Some large pillars lined around them. In the centre of the room, there was a large magic formation that glowed in white. The magic room was a room where the magic formation was placed and existed in every castle. This room was tightly guarded and protected by protective magic, only the king and his descendants had the access to this room.

As soon as they entered the room, King Xenos quickly approached a large fine marble with the magic formation that glowed white in the middle of the room and examined it.

'There is no problem with magic formation... But why does the explosion keep coming?' King Xenos was silent and deep in thoughts.

'This is strange... Only me, Guillotine and the four elemental spirits can use magic in this place. The four elemental spirits already made a contract with me, they can't betray me. Is Guillotine behind all this? It can't be... He's my trusted person... Or did the guard lie to me?'

King Xenos turned around, approached Angel and threw his punch again.

"How dare you lie to me!" he shouted.

Angel was thrown to the floor again.

"Hold him!" he ordered.

Some guards made him kneel and held him. King Xenos extended his hand, preparing to cast one of his deadly spells.

"Your Majesty... Please investigate this matter. It's about your safety... You saw it yourself that he used magic in this castle," said Angel in a pleading tone.

"Shut up!" snapped King Xenos. His hand was ready to cast his spell.

Angel lowered his head. His eyes turned cold as his plans for turning King Xenos against General Guillotine failed. As he began to gather his dark aura in preparation to withstand King Xenos' attack, suddenly General Guillotine entered the room, he approached King Xenos and bowed to him.

"Your Majesty, did you call me?"

King Xenos turned to General Guillotine, but his hand was still pointing at Angel.

"Have you found the culprit?"

General Guillotine shook his head with an apologetic expression.

"We found traces of magic everywhere but we haven't found the culprit yet."

King Xenos' gaze returned to Angel and looked at him angrily a few moments. But he suddenly shifted his hand at General Guillotine and threw his magic spell at him. General Guillotine's cry of pain filled the room as white light from King Xenos' hand struck his body, soon his body was covered in white light and slowly shattering to ashes. 

All the guards startled in shock and retreated away from General Guillotine who had turned into a pile of ashes.

King Xenos lowered his hand.

"No one can use magic power besides both of us and there's no problem with the magic formation. Guillotine... how dare you betray me!" he said as he stared at General Guillotine's ashes in anger.

Everyone curled in fear after seeing King Xenos' power.

"Release him!" ordered King Xenos.

They released Angel and he fell weakly to the floor before King Xenos as he kept his head down.

"Thank you... Your Majesty..." he said in panting breath.

King Xenos looked at him with contemptuous gaze, snorted in annoyance and kicked him once more before walking past him to the exit followed by the four elemental spirits.

Angel's hand emitted a dark aura that reshaped his sword. Then he threw his sword right at the Magic Shield formation in front of him. In an instant, the light of the magic formation dimmed and the Magic Shield that protected White Moon Castle disappeared.

King Xenos' steps stopped and quickly turned around in shock.

Angel stood up and turned to King Xenos with an evil smirk. 

"For killing General Guillotine..." he continued.

Flare swiftly threw her fire chakrams and Gale shot his arrows at him. Frost and Gaia took out their weapons, covering King Xenos to protect him. While King Xenos directed his hand and cast his Holy Beam towards Angel. Holy Beam was one of the high-level magic spells that could kill a person without leaving a trace.

He jumped backwards to avoid their attacks, grabbed his sword which was still stuck in the middle of the formation and quickly swung it to brush off all the arrows that fired at him. His eyes continued to pay attention to King Xenos.

'C'mon attack me.' 

King Xenos' hand launched a white light at him, Angel immediately directed his hand at King Xenos and released his dark aura. Their attack collided in their midst creating an extraordinary impact on their surroundings accompanied by a loud explosion sound.

-BOOM!

The room shook violently, strong winds threw everyone in the room crashing into the walls and pillars around them. Smoke and dust filled the room, making their sight unclear.

He focused his dark aura to his feet and dashed towards King Xenos. In that middle of the smoke, suddenly two swords swung towards him. Each swing produced a piercing cold air, which could freeze its surroundings. Swiftly, Angel brushed off his attacks and continued moving forward. Shortly a large axe swung towards him and stuck into the floor in front of him. In a second, the floor before him formed a stone wall that prevented him from moving forward, before the stone wall completely blocked his path, he threw his sword at King Xenos.

Two swords swung at him again accompanied by two fire chakrams, he quickly retreated to avoid it. A moment later, a loud scream of pain came. As the smoke filling the room began to disappear and they could see a black sword stuck in King Xenos' left shoulder.

He clicked his tongue.

"I missed again. I guess I need more training."

24