First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 17. Killing The King III
1.1k 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 17. Killing The King III

He extended his hand. In a blink, the sword that stuck on King Xenos' shoulder turned into a dark aura and reshaped in his hand.

"How dare you!" shouted King Xenos, reaching out his hand, preparing to cast his magic spell at him. But soon, he staggered, his hands held his head and a scream of fear out of his mouth as if he saw something frightening before his eyes. Angel smiled wickedly, his eyes turned piercing cold as his adrenaline rushed through his body. It was such a long time, he kept holding back the power within him and now... He would unleash that power completely. His dark aura enveloped him. The atmosphere surrounding him turned dark and frightening. Several guards who had just gotten up dropped on their knees again. Their legs felt so weak even they couldn't support their own body. Then they crawled backwards as far as possible from him in terror.

His dark aura spread throughout the room. In just a couple of seconds, the room was filled with cries of pain as the skin and flesh of everyone in the room melted bit by bit accompanied by his evil laughter.

The four elemental spirits quickly covered King Xenos who was still holding his head in fear and created a Magic Barrier to prevent his dark aura from reaching their master.

He clicked his tongue again.
"So annoying," he muttered. He raised his left hand to control his dark aura to create a protective barrier to cover the room, making no one could get out of there except kill him.

As King Xenos woke up from Nightmare's illusion, he stretched out his hand that glowed in white and swung it. In an instant, the dark aura around them disappeared. He looked at Angel in rage.
"Attack him !!! Attack him !!!" he shouted. His hand aimed at Angel, preparing to launch his magic spell again.

The four elemental spirits advanced to attack him. While Angel smirked evilly as he waited for their attacks and focused his dark aura to his feet. As if on cue, they threw their elemental magic attacks at him.

Instead of warding it off, Angel avoided all of their attacks in one precise movement and let their magic attacks pass him. A loud explosion accompanied by violent wind swept the room with the smoke that surrounded them as the attacks landed on the ground.

-BOOM!

Angel dashed out of the smoke toward Gaia who was in the closest position to him. Gaia swung his axe at Angel, but he dodged it. With one swift footwork, Angel turned behind Gaia and slashed his back. But a breath later, he realized some arrows flew towards him. He quickly swung his left hand, in an instant, his dark aura held all the arrows for reaching him and threw them back to the direction where the arrows were coming from. Two chakrams followed to fly towards him, he dodged one of the chakrams and caught the other one in the mid-air. He flowed his dark aura into the chakram, enveloping it with his dark aura before he threw it towards Flare.

Without a pause, two swords with cold freezing air swung towards him, he countered one of them with his sword and held the other one with his dark aura. His eyes and Frost's met each other for a few moments.
"You have good skills as a swordsman. I will make you call me 'Your Majesty'," he said with a smirk.

"Don't underestimate me," said Frost as he retreated and swung his sword in cross-motion, cold freezing air coming out from the sword and launched towards Angel.

Angel added more of his dark aura to his feet. In a blink, he passed Frost's attack and appeared in front of him.
"Too slow!" As Angel swung his sword, Frost raised his swords, trying to protect himself. Unfortunately, Angel didn't attack him with his sword but instead kicked his stomach. Frost staggered backwards due to the sudden attack. While Angel quickly swung his sword to attack him again.

Frost raised his swords to block it. As soon as Frost held the attack with both of his swords, the floor under his feet cracked due to the impact of Angel's attack. Frost was surprised, this was the first time someone had this kind of strength. Frost looked at him, the dark aura that enveloped Angel grew thicker and his eyes stared at Frost sharply.

'This person is really dangerous!'
thought Frost.

Flare approached and swung her two chakrams at him, followed by Gaia's axe and some arrows from Gale. But Angel simply swung his left hand towards them and threw them crashing into the pillars with his dark aura.

"Move!" shouted King Xenos.

Frost quickly stepped aside as a white light from King Xenos' hand launched toward Angel.

He flowed more of his dark aura to his feet. Before the white light reached him, he dodged to the side as he dashed towards King Xenos as fast as he could.

The four elemental spirits were shocked. Frost and Gaia quickly chased after him. While Gale and Flare shot their arrows and chakrams. Angel dodged all their attacks and swung his sword at King Xenos without mercy since he knew King Xenos needed some time to cast his spell. Scream of pain filled the room once more. Then without wasting his chance, Angel pulled King Xenos, making that dying king as his shield and pressed Nightmare against his neck.

The four elemental spirits stopped their attacks.
"Let him go!" said Frost.

"Why should I?" he replied in a mocking tone. Angel shifted his left hand towards them and controlled the dark aura around them. They startled and advanced together but were too late... The dark aura that covered the room shrank and confined four of them, bumping them into the invisible wall before them. They tried to destroy the barrier that confined them but in vain.

Angel turned around, directed his left hand to the door and cast an Explosion Spell towards it. The explosion sound came accompanied by the door that broke into pieces, throwing the troops who were waiting outside the room and scattered them.

-BOOM!

He dragged King Xenos out of the room nonchalantly past the lying guards who were groaning in pain towards the balcony that faced the castle courtyard. Traces of blood stained the floor. While King Xenos struggled with all his might, but in vain since a magic user's strength wasn't as strong as Angel's. He stood up on the edge of the balcony.
"Euphorion! Greet your new king!" he shouted.

The troops at the castle courtyard quickly turned to him. They looked shocked when they saw Angel strangled King Xenos and lifted his body until his feet didn't touch the ground accompanied by his evil laughter. King Xenos struggled to get free accompanied by his broken groan of pain.

The four elemental spirits who just were able to break away quickly chased after him as fast as they could, but they were too late... When they arrived, Angel tightened his choke. A cracking sound came and King Xenos' movement stopped as his body hung limply. The four elemental spirit's bodies instantly dimmed and turned into four lights that flew back into the main tower.

"Your Majesty !!!" shouted some of the troops. While the rest dropped on their knees in shock.

Angel looked at them with a piercing cold gaze. The dark aura emanating from his body clearly visible. He threw King Xenos' body towards them.
"I give back your king!" Then he smirked evilly as they caught King Xenos' body and tried to wake him up.
"Ah, No... Now, I'm your king," he added.

He turned around, reentered the castle and walked to the main tower. The troops looked at him angrily.
"Stop him!!!" shouted one of them. Then they entered the castle.

27