First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 18. The Four Elemental Spirits I
1.1k 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 18. The Four Elemental Spirits I

He walked in casual steps towards the main tower but when he just arrived at the front door, the guards had gathered with their weapons pointed at him and prevented him from entering.

Angel looked at them with a cold gaze, the dark aura that enveloped his body spread around him. The cold air and fear began to seize their hearts. Their bodies trembled, some of them began to drop their weapons in fear.
"Move!" he said with an intimidating voice.

In just one command, they retreated slowly and gave him away to enter. He smirked and resumed his steps to walk into the main tower.

As soon as he entered the main tower, the atmosphere around him changed. A powerful flow of magic power controlled surrounds him as if he entered a magic field.
"We are already waiting for you," said Frost who stood before him along with the other elemental spirits.

The door behind him was suddenly covered by the Magic Barrier which made him unable to escape before defeating them.
"Since you decided to come here, your only choice is to defeat us or die here," added Flare. Her hands played around with her chakrams.

Angel glanced toward the Magic Barrier that covered the entrance before returning his gaze to them and smiled sarcastically.
"Didn't I say I would make you call me 'Your Majesty'?" Then without warning, he dashed towards them and swung his sword to cut Frost, but nothing... he felt like cutting the air. He startled and quickly retreated.

Gale chuckled.
"We are spirits, physical attacks won't affect us," he said in a casual tone.

Gaia took out his great axe and pointed it at him.
"You must use your magic power to defeat us!"

He sighed and sheathed his sword.
"Let's get started."

Without saying anything else, Gale shot his arrows, Angel dodged all the arrows and tried to catch one of them, but again he felt like catching the air. The arrow passed his hand, he startled and quickly pulled back his hand as the pain bit him.

-Ttuuk, Ttuuk, Ttuuk

Red droplets of blood dripping from the scratch on his hand. Angel stared at the wound on his hand in confusion since it was clear Gale's arrow had passed him before, but it still managed to injure him.

Gale chuckled again.
"I told you physical attacks won't affect us, that also applies to our weapons. But we can still attack you with it."

He let out another sigh.
"Fine. I will use the magic spell I just learned last night." Apart from the magic formations, he learned so many things in the Euphorion library last night. Some of them were a few high-level spells that caught his eye. But he didn't know whether this would work or not, since he had never practised it. That's why he didn't use this in his fight against King Xenos before, but now, he had no other choice.

As Angel's dark aura started emitted from his hand, Gaia dashed towards him and swung his axe. At the same time, Gale shot some of his arrows again at him. Angel directed his hand towards them and suddenly, a large black fire pillar burned down all the arrows and made Gaia retreat to avoid in surprise.

'Hell Judgment...' thought Frost. Hell Judgment was a high-level magic spell that could burn the surroundings with black flames that would not go out until the person dies or the caster cancelled the spell. Even though Frost realized Angel had the opposite power to King Xenos, he didn't expect Angel to be able to use that high-level spell since Angel didn't use it in their previous battle.

Meanwhile, though Angel kept his composure, he was quite surprised since he was able to use the spell in one try since he knew learning such spells wasn't an easy thing. But strangely he could learn it easily, just as he learned his swordsmanship, he learned it as if he was born from an expert magic user's family, no, not only an ordinary expert magic user but something more than that.

Frost pulled out his swords and swung them to the black flame. The cold air from his swords froze the surrounding air, put out the fire and filled the room with smoke. As their vision was still unclear, several black lances flew towards them. They immediately jumped away to dodge it. The black lances stuck into the floor and instantly melted the floor that surrounded it accompanied by a hissing sound.

-SSHHH...

The smoke blocking their view disappeared. They looked towards Angel who was standing looking at them with an evil smirk on his face. His hand emitted a dark aura, several black lances were floating in the air around him, ready to attack them.

'Demonic Arrow,' thought Frost. Similar to Hell Judgment, Demonic Arrow was a high-level magic spell that could create dozens or even hundreds of deadly black lances depending on the caster's magic power. Frost knew that even though King Xenos was a bad king, Angel was much more dangerous than King Xenos and he couldn't let Angel become the king of Euphorion. Frost glanced at Flare who replied to him with a nod.

Frost and Flare dashed to him. Angel threw the black lances to them and they avoided it. From his side, Gaia swung his axe and from his other side, Gale shot his arrows. He stretched out his hands towards Gaia and Gale. Two large black fire pillars reappeared to block their attack. Then he waved his hands and the black flames moved, following his hands' movement to attack Gaia and Gale. Both of them were shocked, Gaia hit the floor with his axe, creating a stone wall to protect himself. Meanwhile, Gale reached out his hand and created a big wind to keep the fire from reaching him.

Frost and Flare swung their weapons at him. It was their chance to defeat him. But as Angel smirked confidently as the black lances reappeared and attacked them. They quickly made ice walls and firewalls to protect themselves. Angel moved his hand towards Frost and Flare, and the black lances followed his hand movements. It flew around past their protective walls and attacked them from behind. They tried to avoid it but some of the lances managed to cut their hands and feet, making them unable to move.

A second later, the black flames that attacked Gaia and Gale disappeared. They had just removed their protective walls and were about to launch their attack again, but he moved his hand again to control the other black lances to attack them. Gaia and Gale were not ready for this and could only wait for the lances to pierce them. At the same time, Frost and Flare tried to get up and quickly ran to save them. But no... The black lances stopped in the mid-air in front of them.

All of them stiffened in silence...

"Is that enough to prove I'm qualified as your master?" he said.

They looked at him for a few moments in surprise. They thought Angel would kill them. Since rather than test, they obviously wanted to kill him because they thought he was too dangerous. But it looked like they were wrong.

Gale's laughter broke the silence.
"You are really interesting. You could have killed us but you didn't," he said in a nonchalant tone. He returned his bow on his back and approached Angel.
"What's your name?" Seeing Angel's interesting personality, he had already made up his mind.

"Angelus Raizel," he answered.

Gale knelt one knee before him and bowed.
"Angelus Raizel, I'm Gale, the wind spirit. I will devote myself to you."

"Gale! Are you serious?" said Gaia in surprise.

Gale turned his gaze to Gaia.
"Come on, he looks more interesting than that boring Xenos guy," he retorted.

Gaia breathed a heavy sigh.
"You always do as you wish!" he complained. But Gaia couldn't deny that what Gale said was true. Gaia returned his axe on his back as he made up his mind, approached Angel, knelt one knee and bowed.
"Angelus Raizel, I'm Gaia, the earth spirit. I will devote myself to you." He decided to give Angel a chance.

Gale gave Gaia a big grin.
"Gaia, I know you will always be my best friend!" he said in excitement.

Gaia snorted faintly and replied to Gale's grin with a straight face.
"I'm just making sure you don't mess things up."

Flare glanced at Frost and shrugged. Since things were like this, she decided to give him a chance. After all, this was in accordance with the late king Eiron's orders. She put her chakrams back on her belt, approached him, knelt one knee and bowed.
"Angelus Raizel, I'm Flare, the fire spirit. I will devote myself to you."

Angel shifted his gaze to Frost, who was still standing, unmoving from his position.
"Frost, how about you?"

Frost remained silent. His eyes still locked at Angel.
'He can take out two pillars of Hell Judgment and a Demonic Arrow at the same time. I do not doubt his ability... But I can feel a strong dark force inside him, that's what makes me doubt him...' thought Frost.

20