First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 19. The Four Elemental Spirits II
1.1k 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 19. The Four Elemental Spirits II

Frost plunged one of his swords into the floor and extended his hand. The freezing cold air coming out of his hand froze the air that surrounded it and formed an ice sword. He threw it at Angel and the sword stuck to the floor before him.
"You can cut me with that sword," said Frost. His hand pulled back his sword.

Flare, Gale, Gaia stood up and looked at Frost in surprise after hearing his words since Frost usually didn't act stubborn like this.

Angel glanced at the sword in front of him before shifting his gaze at Frost again.
"Do you want to challenge me in a sword fight?" he asked.

"Didn't you say that you are interested in my ability as a swordsman? Then you must defeat me as a swordsman," answered Frost.

He smirked.
"Fine." He approached the sword and pulled it.

They exchanged glances with each other for a moment. Then as if on cue, both of them dashed towards each other. Frost swung his swords in turn. While Angel brushed one of his swords to the side and kicked Frost's other wrist before the other sword reached him, throwing it away.

As Frost tried to attack him again, Angel countered it, making their swords clash. Then with proficiency, Frost turned behind Angel and tried to slash his back. Quickly, Angel dodged down and threw a low spinning sweep at Frost's feet.

Frost jumped to avoid it. Angel quickly stood up as he swung his sword from the bottom up with all of his strength, throwing Frost's last sword before pointing his sword at Frost's neck.

Frost shocked for a moment and sighed in disappointment. He didn't expect to lose so quickly.

Meanwhile, after making sure Frost didn't want to fight anymore, Angel lowered his sword and threw it to the floor.

Frost looked at him with a serious expression.
"Answer my question, why don't you use your dark aura?"

"I want a fair fight," he answered. For him, it was a duel and a duel had to be done fairly.

'Fair fight? I used a double sword when he only used one. It is hardly called a fair fight. He could use his dark aura but he wanted to win only depending on his ability as a swordsman,' thought Frost. Unconsciously, a smile began to develop on his lips.
'Interesting... This person is really interesting.'

Gale gave a few taps on Gaia's shoulder to call him out. His eyes stared at Frost in disbelief.
"Did I see it wrong? Frost smiled?"

"No, you didn't see wrong. That ice-faced spirit smiled," answered Gaia, staring at Frost dumbfounded.

Flare only smiled as she remembered the last time she saw Frost's smile was when Prince Lucian was still alive.

"Promise me you will take care of this kingdom, " Frost said.

Angel gave him a reassuring smile.
"I promise," he replied.

Frost knelt one knee and bowed.
"Angelus Raizel, I'm Frost, the water spirit. I will devote myself to you."

After those words left Frost's mouth, the flow of magic power around him and the Magic Barrier covering the door disappeared. Frost stood up and walked to get his swords. While Gale approached him with a cheerful face.
"Thank God, I thought I would be locked up in this boring place for a long time," he said as he patted Angel's shoulder casually.

Gaia glared at Gale.
"Gale, mind your manners!"

Gale took his hand off Angel's shoulder.
"Oops... I forgot."

Angel smiled at their act, somehow Gale's childish behaviour reminded him of Cley.
'How are they? As soon as I stabilize my position as a king, I have to pick them up .' Seeing the people's reactions, also since he had the power of darkness, he was sure there would be a lot of people who disliked him. They even could send assassins to kill him. That's why he had to make sure everything was safe before he could bring Cley and Claire to the castle. He turned around.
"Let's go, I need to claim my throne," he said as he walked toward the exit.

"Yes, Your Majesty," they said and followed him from behind.

23