First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 22. The New King’s Power
1.1k 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 22. The New King’s Power

Angel examined the magic room's door that had been destroyed to pieces.
'It seems like it will take a long time to fix it, I used too much power when I blew it up.' This was the first time he had allowed himself to release his power and the crystal's completely, so he couldn't control it properly. He entered the magic room, approached the magic formation in the middle of the room and examined it.
' This magic formation stone can't be repaired, I have to make a new one.'

Angel swept his gaze around the room and noticed there was a large black marble block in the corner of the room. He approached it.
' I can use this as the magic formation stone replacement.' It was as if everything had been prepared for him.
'Did the late king Eiron already predict this?'

"Move out the magic formation stone," he ordered.

The guards and magic users who followed him were shocked by his order.
"Your Majesty, if the magic formation stone is moved what about the Magic Shield to protect the castle?"

He answered them by pulling out his sword. The guards and magic users quickly backed away from him in fear, they thought he would kill those who didn't obey his orders like King Xenos. But their guess was wrong, he swung it at the black marble in front of him, cut it off and began to carve the magic formation there.

Their eyes widened in surprise since usually a person who was born with magic talent couldn't use a weapon properly while a person who was born with fighting talent couldn't use magic at all. But he had both...

He sheathed his sword and examined the magic formation that he had just made.
"This should be enough."

The whole room was still silent in shock while their eyes still stuck at him. Angel noticed it and breathed a heavy sigh. So rather than repeating his order, he returned to the middle of the room and reached out his hand to cast an Explosion Spell. The magic formation stone in the middle of the room was destroyed into pieces accompanied by an explosive sound.

- BOOM!

Then he turned his gaze to them.
"What are you waiting for? Move the new magic formation stone. Now," he ordered again.

"Y-Yes, Your Majesty," they answered in a stammering voice.

Some of the guards quickly moved the stone to the centre of the room.

"Magic users help me to activate the Magic Shield, the others clean up this place."

The magic user took their position and surrounded the magic formation stone following his order. He extended his hand towards the stone and flowed his magic power into it. The dark aura coming out of his hand shocked the magic users who surrounded him and made them retreat in reflex. This was their first time seeing a dark magic user. Because they never had a king with the powers of darkness since the Moonfall Family was always born with the power of light, including King Xenos, even though he was not born from the Moonfall Family but he had the power of light. In addition, his power looked similar to the ancient dark king.

"What are you doing? If we don't fix it, this castle will be defenceless," he said in an authoritative voice.

They went silent for a few moments while exchanging glances. He was right, currently repairing the Magic Shield was the top priority, they realized that the magic formation was very important to keep the castle safe. Soon they began to move forward one by one and flowed their magic power into the formation.

Long enough, they flowed their magic power to reactivate the formation. Some of them began to look exhausted. Yes, to reactivate Magic Shield required an enormous amount of magic power. He had used a lot of his power when fighting King Xenos and the four elemental spirits, he realized that his remaining power wasn't much more, but the magic formation had to be repaired immediately to prevent attacks from outside, especially from other kingdoms. That's why he needed the other magic users to help to activate it.

As he kept flowing his power into the formation, he could feel his power getting drained, his breathing was getting heavier and the pain began to pierce his chest. He knew he had used his power too much, now he had to pay the price. Soon the magic formations in their midst began to activate and the Magic Shield that protected White Moon Castle returned, but the formation didn't glow in white as usual but it gave off a dark aura according to the king's power.

They stopped flowing their power and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Back off," he ordered again.

The magic users retreated following his order.

He raised his hands slowly, the dark aura from his hands created a Magic Barrier that formed a dome to protect the formation of stones inside.

A sharp pain pierced his chest, he scowled but quickly maintained his composure as he endured the pain.
'I'm already on my limits...' He turned his gaze to Gale and Gaia.
"Gale, Gaia I assign both of you to protect this formation, and also bring some guards with you." Then he turned his gaze to Flare.
"Flare, deliver my order to Chancellor Allan to prioritize the magic room reparation."

They bowed.
"As you wish, your Majesty." Then Flare left, while Gale and Gaia took their position to protect the formation.

He swept his gaze to the magic users who were looking tired around him.
"For others, you may return to rest."

They answered by bowing to him.
"Thank you, Your Majesty." And they left the room.

The pain that pierced his chest was getting worse. Sweat began to drip from his forehead due to the pain. He noticed that his hands were trembling and immediately clenched it to avoid anyone being aware of his current condition. He had just taken the throne, his position was not stable yet... if there were anyone who knew his current condition they could use this opportunity to attack him.
"Frost, take me to the king's chamber, " he said.

"Yes, Your Majesty," replied Frost as he gestured to follow him.

23