First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 23. The Price I Have to Pay
1k 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 23. The Price I Have to Pay

He walked down the corridor followed by Frost but before he reached the king's chamber, an ample woman with some maids in tow approached him.

They bowed respectfully.
"Good Evening, Your Majesty. My name is Sarah, your head housekeeper. I had your bath ready, " she said.

He just took a glance at them, but they quickly curled in intimidation.

"Or would the king like to eat first?" Sarah asked him again, there was a bit of fear seeping in her voice this time.

Right now, he could only barely maintain his consciousness. He no longer thought about taking a bath or eating.
"I have no appetite today, there is no need to serve me for a bath either. You are all dismissed." Then he walked past them.

They looked relieved and bowed.
"Yes, Your Majesty."

Once he entered the king's chamber, he quickly locked the room.
"Frost, cover this place with Magic Barrier."

"Yes, Your Majesty," replied Frost. Although he was confused by it, Frost still followed his order. Frost extended his hand, slowly the blue light enveloped the room.

Angel's sight was getting blurred as his body trembled violently. His breathing felt heavy and sweat ran down his body.
'I overused my power...' He tried to walk to the bed but he collapsed before he could reach it. His hand clutched his chest as the pain that piercing him was unbearable.

"Your Majesty!" Frost quickly approached him and laid him on the bed. After seeing Angel's severe condition, Frost turned around and intended to call a doctor.
"I will call the royal doctor."

As Frost tried to leave, Angel stopped him.
"Don't tell anyone about this..." he said in panting breath.

"Your Majesty, you are seriously injured," said Frost worriedly. He was quite shocked by Angel's condition.

"It's an order..." he said again.

Frost could only sigh and obey him since an elemental spirit couldn't against his master's order.
"Yes, Your Majesty."

He gave him a faint smile.
"Frost... I entrust my safety to you..." he said weakly before his consciousness completely disappeared.

21