First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 33. Duke Owen’s Fear
1k 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 33. Duke Owen’s Fear

Some black military uniformed cavalry passed the crowd followed by a black carriage with the king's crown crest in gold. Duke Owen's eyes went wide when he saw the king who was sitting in the carriage. His heart was racing, just as if he had seen a ghost.

The royal carriage kept running past him, he quickly chased after it on the side of the street past the people who were still gathered there. His eyes still fixed on the king in the carriage. The crowd waved their hands to the king. The young king looked out the window and responded to them with a faint smile.

Duke Owen stiffened when he saw the king's face, his dark blue hair, his sharp eyes and his cold face. Even though five years had passed, none of the Asterian nobles had forgotten him. His death was full of scandals and he was the only rebel from the royal family in the kingdom of Asteria's history.

He paused as he kept staring at the carriage that was moving away from him.
'Prince Angelus... Isn't he already dead? How could he become the King of Euphorion?'

Encouraged by his intense curiosity, Duke Owen approached one of the people nearby.
"Excuse me, sir. May I ask you for something? I heard the king was a hunter, may I know where he came from?"

"How could you didn't know that? He came from a small village near the Northern border," he answered with a frown.

"The northern border?" said Duke Owen. He paused as he remembered when Ilex said that Angel committed suicide near the Death Forest. It was close to the northern border of Euphorion.
'Could it be that Prince Angelus pretended to commit suicide to trick Prince Ilex and run away?'
"Sir, is Zel the king's real name?" Duke Owen tried to think positively because it could be they only had a similar face.

The man laughed at Duke Owen because although Angel was better known as King Zel, Euphorion people knew his real name.
"You must be a foreigner. Our king's name is Angelus Raizel Moonfall."

Duke Owen was shocked when he heard the name.
'It's really him! The second prince of Asteria, Angelus Raizel Reinheart.'

"You know? Since we were ruled by him our lives have changed a lot. He was a hard worker, he transformed our kingdom which was on the verge of destruction into the most prosperous kingdom on Andromeda Continent. Even though he's not a noble, no one disrespected him," the man continued enthusiastically.

Duke Owen quickly returned to his usual expression.
"May I know what he has done to change Euphorion?"

The man began to memorize it as he pulled out his fingers one by one to count it, but he finally shook his head.
"There are so many, I'm so confused if I have to explain it. I will tell you the most significant. He reopened the trade route and developed our trading city. Our economy is progressing rapidly even defeating the greatest kingdom of Andromeda Continent, Asteria!"

"Is there anything else?" asked Duke Owen again.

"He also revised some military ethics and formed many new troops -"

Duke Owen was shocked once again. His face turned pale when he heard the man's words and left before that person finished his sentence.

"- to protect Euphorion's territory," the man continued. His expression turned annoyed.
"What a rude man! He just left, not even saying thank you!"

Duke Owen quickly walked down the market past the trades who offered him some goods nonchalantly.
'This is really bad! First, he attacked Asteria economically to weaken us. Now he has prepared his army. He will attack Asteria in near future. Prince Angelus will take his revenge on Asteria soon! I must report it to King Gervis as soon as possible!' thought Duke Owen.

Once he reached his carriage, the guards were waiting anxiously, including the two guards who were separated from him at the market. The guards realized his pale face.
"Your Grace, are you alright?"

He raised his hand, ordering them to be quiet and quickly got on the carriage.
"We are returning to Asteria now!" he ordered.

"What about the invitation?"

"There has been a change of plans, we have to go back now!" he ordered again.

"Yes, Your Grace," they answered. Then they went back to their horses and the carriage began to move back toward the city gate.

In the carriage, Duke Owen extended his hand, slowly the yellow light from his hand formed a dove. Magic Messenger was a medium level magic spell that was used to send messages for emergencies.

He released the dove from the window to carry the message to King Gervis.
'Prince Angelus is still alive. Now, he's the King of Euphorion. He has prepared his army to take his revenge on Asteria. '

26