First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 34. A Shocking News
993 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 34. A Shocking News

The afternoon sun shone through the Golden Light Castle's windows, Asteria was getting dimly when King Gervis walked down the corridor to Ophelia's room followed by his assistants and guards. His worries were visible on his face. He was just about to discuss economic matters with the finance minister, but suddenly a guard reported to him that his daughter hadn't left the room since yesterday, she also didn't open the door to anyone, including her own brother.

Ilex with several maids was already in front of her room.
"Ophelia, open the door!" he said out loud as he continued to knock on the door.

"What happened?" said King Gervis as he approached Ilex.

Ilex shook his head.
"I don't know either. A few days ago when I visited her, she already started to smile."

King Gervis turned at Ophelia's door.
"Ophelia! Open the door! This is an order!" he shouted.

No answer...

"If you don't do it, I will break the door and destroy the lock!" he shouted again.

Still no answer...

"Break the door!" ordered King Gervis as he retreated to make way for the guards.

The guards had just moved forward, but soon the clicked sound of the key being opened was heard and the door opened. Ophelia came out of the room with a pale face. The guards swiftly step aside to make her a way.

She bowed to King Gervis.
"Father, what brought you here?"

Seeing his daughter's pale face, King Gervis quickly changed his schedule.
"Tell the finance minister to meet me in an hour," he ordered his assistant.

His assistant answered with a quick bow and went to carry out his orders.

Then King Gervis turned his gaze to Ophelia.
"Let's talk inside."

Ophelia was silent, she seemed to object, but she couldn't turn her father away. He was the highest authority in the kingdom, finally, she nodded as a sign of agreement.

King Gervis and Ilex entered her room followed by several maids who brought her food. They sat at a small dining table in the middle of the room and the maids swiftly put her food on the table. King Gervis and Ilex kept staring at her, while Ophelia could only be looked down, avoiding their gaze.

King Gervis sighed in annoyance, he was busy taking care of Asteria's economic problem and now his daughter kept making him worry.
"I will leave after you eat," he said straight to the point as he didn't want to spend his energy anymore.

Ophelia quickly took a spoon and ate the food in front of her.

Ilex kept staring at Ophelia who was eating before him.
'How much longer do you want to make us worry? Do you know how much we love you? We do everything for you, but all you think about is that illegitimate child, even after he dies ...'

Ophelia put her glass down and the maids swiftly cleared the empty plates and utensils away. The maids gave a quick bow and left the room.

She looked down again, avoiding her father and brother's gazes.

"Are you upset because I want you to meet the King of Euphorion?" guessed King Gervis.

"Do you just want me to meet him? Not set me up with him?" answered Ophelia, her eyes still looked to the floor.

"We'll see about that later," said King Gervis.

She raised her head and looked at her father.
"Just answer me... Yes or no?" she insisted.

King Gervis looked at her with a serious expression.
"Ophelia, I love you... I won't possibly give you to an unknown man. We will only arrange your marriage if you like him."

"What if it's the opposite? What if I don't like him, but he likes me? Are you still going to give me to him?" she asked again.

King Gervis was silent for a moment before he finally answered.
"We'll see that later too."

Suddenly knocking sounds came, but this knock was different from usual.

-Tuk - Tuk - Tuk.

They swept their gaze around and saw a dove messenger knocking on the window not far from them. Ilex raised from his chair, approached the window and opened it. The bird flew into the room and King Gervis extended his hand as a place where the bird could land. As soon as the bird landed on his hand, it turned into a yellow light before shattering into pieces. A message came into his head.

King Gervis gasped in shock when he got the message but he maintained his composure. He turned his gaze to Ophelia.
"It looks like the King of Euphorion is not suitable for you. We will cancel his invitation to Asteria so you don't need to see him."

"Really?" she said in disbelief, her face began to look bright.

King Gervis nodded and gave her a convincing smile.
"Now promise me, don't skip your meals again and take care of yourself. Your father and brother will always love you."

"Yes, father," she answered.

King Gervis turned his gaze to Ilex.
"Ilex, come with me to the study room. I have something to discuss with you." He raised from his chair and walked to the exit.

Ilex immediately followed him from behind.

23