First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 35. A War Plan Against Euphorion
1k 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First Arc (King of Euphorion) – 35. A War Plan Against Euphorion

As soon as they entered the study room, King Gervis immediately got down to the business.

"That King Zel of Euphorion is Angel," said King Gervis as he walked to his desk and sat there.

Ilex was shocked at his father's words.
"That's impossible! I killed him! I even threw him to the Whitedevil Rose field to make sure he's dead. Even if he turned into an undead, the plant's grip wouldn't release him," he said in a defensive tone.

"But the proof is he's still alive! Do you know what's worse? He has prepared his army to take revenge on Asteria!" said King Gervis angrily.

"What?!" said Ilex in surprise. His eyes widened, his expression turned to panic. He thought for a while before turning his gaze back to King Gervis.
"Father, are you sure it's him?"

"Duke Owen reported it to me," said King Gervis in a calmer tone.

Ilex lowered his head and clenched his hands, his guilt was clear on his face. He knew Duke Owen was his father's trusted man and his loyalty to Asteria could be guaranteed.

King Gervis leaned back on his chair and pressed his fingers to his temple. He looked confused.
'I still have to wait for Duke Owen to clarify the news, but if I don't take action now, I'm afraid it will be too late,' thought King Gervis.
"With our current condition, if we declare war, it will only complicate things. People's trust in us will decline, but we also can't just wait for him to attack Asteria. We must attack him secretly without a declaration of war."

Ilex could only be silent when he heard his father's words while keeping his head down.

Attacking without a declaration of war, that meant the war would be carried out without the court's approval and without making any notice to the civilians. In an emergency like now, that plan was the most suitable. This war plan was very effective for sudden attacks, but the consequences would be very bad if the attack failed, especially if the enemy managed to strike back. Because the civilians wouldn't be ready to escape or confront the enemy's force, besides that they could only deploy a limited number of troops to avoid suspicion from the enemy and civilians. Therefore this plan could only be carried out if they could ensure their victory.

The room filled with silence when they deep in thought for the same thing.

'How we can ensure our victory?' they thought.
Suddenly an idea crossed Ilex's mind, he raised his head again to look at King Gervis.
"Father, how about asking another kingdom for help?"

King Gervis breathed a heavy sigh.
"The Andromeda Continent is at peace now, other kingdoms will avoid interfering with the other's war, let alone get involved." Moreover, with the ancient agreement that the eight royal families were not allowed to attack each other, but of course it was different between Euphorion and Asteria since he could say that Angel wanted to attack Asteria for revenge.

"I know someone who can help us without being involved."

King Gervis frowned, returning his eyes to Ilex.
"Who do you mean?

"King Eudon of Zephyrus. We just need to ask him to make deadly poison for us. It will help us to win this war without getting him involved. What do you think?" replied Ilex.

King Gervis fell silent when he went back in deep thought.
'What Ilex said is right, but King Eudon is a cautious person and avoids war, especially since his kingdom is often in revolt. He has been busy taking care of his kingdom's internal affairs, he won't make poison for other kingdoms especially for war purposes.'
"I don't think he will help us," he said.

"Relax, I will make an offer that cannot be refused by him. I only need one platoon of elite troops to come with me tomorrow," said Ilex confidently.

"Well, I'm entrusting this to you, but you have to be careful."

"Yes, father," answered Ilex. Then he left the room.

King Gervis sighed again.
'I never thought, I had raised a traitor... I should have killed him fifteen years ago when I found out about the strange power within him. I didn't expect my decision to keep him alive until I found the real Angelus Raizel would bring calamity to Asteria.'

26