Second Arc (His Art of War) – 95. The Kings’ Agreement III
782 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Arc (His Art of War) - 95. The Kings' Agreement III

"The contract will last for six months and it can be extended to a year. During that time you cannot have intercourse like a normal husband and wife or touch her. After we solve this rebellion, I will give my family poison and the antidote. I also want to exchange Rose's freedom for Heart Family's ability. I, Eudon Crystol Heart, willing to make poison and dedicate my medicinal abilities to help Euphorion. But you have to protect us from another kingdom's attack," said King Eudon. This was a very high price to be paid. But considering his mistake by giving his family poison to Ilex and costing Euphorion one of its largest trading cities, he would surely have to go that far.

Angel deep in thought. Half a year was a short time considering that the rebellion had been going on for years. Besides that, not having a husband and wife normal relationship when they were required to sleep together in one room and had to share one bed, was ambiguous. Rose could have lied if Angel had touched her or tried to rape her after he managed to put down the rebellion. That way their agreement was cancelled and King Eudon didn't have to give the poison nor do what he promised.

"Your last requirement doesn't make sense. Even though I didn't touch her. She could lie to you," he said straight to the point.

Now it was King Eudon's turn to be deep in thought. Rose was a stubborn woman and liked to do things in her own way, sometimes she was too reckless for a woman. And he knew that Rose could do everything she could to keep her family's poison from falling into Angel's hands, so he could understand Angel's concern was very reasonable.

"Then I will ask the doctor to check whether you have done anything to her or not."

"Very well. But I want to ask one more thing."

Angel took a deep breath.

"What if she changes her mind and still wants to be with me?" This agreement was made based on political interests, but Angel knew that they had personal feelings five years ago. Even though it seemed Rose had fallen in love with Artheur now, since they would spend the night in one room and sleep in one bed for six months, that feeling might come back. Moreover, all kingdoms had a rule that a king must share a bed with his first wife during the first six months of their marriage for the sake of having a successor faster. This was also the reason why King Eudon asked for six months in their contract.

King Eudon and King Esteve were shocked at his question. King Eudon frowned.

"What do you mean? Are you-"

But Angel interrupted him.

"Just in case." He sighed.

"We are unmarried and I assumed you already know what happened five years ago." He didn't continue his words anymore since he didn't want to say it clearly. Although he was not sure that they could be together, that also did not rule out the possibility.

King Eudon returned to his thoughts as he remembered how Rose didn't come back to her room in Asteria. He knew that even though Rose didn't mind treating anyone, even the commoner, she would never stay for them all night as she did back then. She even didn't do it to Artheur either.

"We'll talk about that later." King Eudon couldn't make up his mind about this since he wanted to leave this to Rose.

"Very well. Then I hope no one knows about this agreement except us and Princess Rose." He turned to King Esteve.

"And I hope you can keep Prince Artheur under control so he doesn't mess up this plan."

"Don't worry, I don't want to put Artheur in danger either," said King Esteve.

"I'm going to write a letter to Rose and have someone send it," said King Eudon.

Angel returned his gaze to King Eudon.

"Just give the letter to me. I will give it to her personally."

King Eudon frowned in confusion.

"Personally?"

"I'll give it after our wedding preparation is complete. If we explain it now I'm not sure she will accept this decision that easily," said Angel. He knew Rose was a little reckless, she could have run away before their wedding, just like Ophelia back then. If that happened all their plans would fall apart, even her life would be in danger.

King Eudon paused, even though he wanted to convey this to Rose as soon as possible, what Angel said was true. Rose could have acted recklessly after receiving the letter. King Eudon sighed.

"I'll give you the letter later."

"Then I'll end our meeting here." He stood up from his seat.

"I will excuse myself."

They replied with slight nods.

Angel and Frost stepped out of the dining hall. At the front of the door, he gave his order to his guard.

"Tell the servants, I've lost my appetite. They don't have to look for Storm Apple anymore."

The guard bowed and carried out his orders.

17