Second Arc (His Art of War) – 98. Angelus’ Dilemma II
757 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Arc (His Art of War) - 98. Angelus' Dilemma II

"Forgive my impudence, Your Majesty. But you have to be careful with her. After all, she tried to kill you last night," said Frost out of blue.

Angel smirked. 

"Did Flare also know about her assassination attempt?" He knew of the four elemental spirits Frost was the closest spirit to him, plus he was an observer it would be difficult to deceive him.

"Yes. But we didn't tell the others."

"Good." Angel let out a breath. 

"I'll make sure to be more careful of her." From yesterday's battle, Angel guessed that Rose could not fight without weapons such as knives or whips, so he wasn't too worried about this.

"Your Majesty, what I mean is, you have to be more careful so she doesn't take advantage of your kindness." In terms of strength and fighting ability, Frost believed Angel was above her. Moreover, Angel placed many trap spells throughout White Moon Castle in Euphorion, even including in his chamber. But this was the first time he saw Angel mixed his feelings in his decision. If Rose realized this, she could take advantage of it for her benefit.

"I know." Angel also realized this, that's why he couldn't say anything directly to her. He looked at Frost in serious expressions. 

"If I have crossed the line, I'm permitting you to remind me… By stabbing my palm," he ordered.

Frost's eyes widened in shock. 

"Your Majesty, I won't dare to do it." Even though he knew Angel's regeneration above normal humans, he didn't want to hurt him.

"This is an order," he said. He asked Frost to do this to remind him when Ilex tormented him on the cliff near the Death Forest. Back then as a Reinheart, there was nothing more miserable than being slandered as a rebel and seeing his own hand being crushed. By reminding him of that bad experience, he would remember... as a royal, he shouldn't trust anyone including his family or loved ones.

"Yes, Your Majesty." With a heavy heart, Frost finally obeyed his orders.

The knocking sounds came.

"Come in," said Angel.

A guard entered the room and bowed. 

"Your Majesty, some nobles have arrived at the castle and requested to see you."

Angel let out a slight chuckle. He did not think what he did this morning could provoke them this fast, they even came before the time. 

"Tell them to wait." If he met them now, they would think they could meet him anytime. After all, rather than meeting them one by one, he preferred speaking in the meeting for the first introduction before he took some suspects to personal meetings.

"Yes, Your Majesty." The guard bowed and left.

Frost stood up from his seat. 

"Since they have arrived I will check the castle's security once again."

"Very well."

Frost bowed and left the room.

As the door closed, Angel took off his glove and stared at the big scar on his palm. When Ilex tortured him five years ago, those wounds not only left marks on his body but also in his heart, but no matter how angry he was, as a king, he had to think about his actions before doing it. Killing King Gervis and Ilex would only create a prolonged war between Asteria and Euphorion which would cost many lives. But of course, after the statement was signed the situation was different. As long as he could prove that they violated that statement then he could punish them without creating a new war. He smirked. 

"Ilex, soon ... We'll end our long fight."

17