Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 10. Bloody Wedding I
878 11 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 10. Bloody Wedding I

The next day. White Moon Castle already looked busy as the sun began to appear on the eastern horizon. The servants were decorating the hall and the corridor with fresh flowers that had just arrived this morning. Likewise, with the kitchen, the chefs looked busy preparing the dishes for the guests. A beautiful decorated royal carriage also was waiting in the courtyard. Chancellor Allan who had come to the castle since dawn to make sure this grand event went smoothly, walked back and forth anxiously to check on the preparations. Even though he had served as Chancellor for a long time, he had never arranged an event as big and important as this before. He was sure all the royal family's eyes would be on this event. This event was not only to show that Euphorion would have Zephyrus' full support or as a sign that Euphorion supported the Heart Family's authority over Zephyrus. This was also proof that Euphorion's security had stabilized after the war, it also showed Euphorion's hospitality to other kingdoms. So the other kingdoms' merchants would not be afraid to come to Euphorion.

The City and Castle were also heavily guarded. The guards inspected everyone who was entering and leaving the castle and city in detail, including their belongings. The guards also checked every corner of the castle and locked unused places and rooms so the intruders couldn't hide there.

The morning sun was getting higher, Rose got ready in her room assisted by the maids. She was wearing her wedding dress, tiara adorned her head. Her eyes looked at her reflection in the mirror in a tense. Beautiful... yes, she admitted she had never looked this beautiful before. But she knew this marriage would not go as well as it looked since this wedding was bait for the rebels. Even though Angel had said that he had prepared everything, she still had to be prepared for all the bad things that might happen.

She couldn't deny there was a feeling of happiness in her heart. She would marry Angelus Raizel Moonfall, the strongest king of Andromeda Continent who was able to conquer three other kingdoms in a short time. He gave her a magnificent wedding party, her dream wedding dress and tiara. More than that, he was the man she had loved for five years. Nothing was more perfect than her marriage except the fact this was just bait and a political marriage, a contract one. While Rose didn't know Angel's real intentions yet. Indeed she captured his gentle gesture and warmth, especially yesterday. But she didn't know whether it was based on obligation and the deal or from his heart.

"Everything is ready, Your Highness," said the maids as they retreated politely.

"Thank you," said Rose. Her eyes checked her reflection in the mirror once more to make sure her appearance was perfect.

Shortly, the knocking sound accompanied by the sound of a door opening came. Angel entered the room and approached her. His appearance looked different from usual since this time he wore his wedding suit that matched her wedding dress. He wore a white long sleeve shirt lined with a vest and white suit. A King Euphorion's badge on his collar, black puff tie around his neck, white trousers in line with his suit and white gloves. A wedding bucket in his hand.

As his eyes fell on her, his heart beat faster. Although this was nothing but another battle for him. He couldn't deny, she looked so beautiful today. Moreover with that wedding dress... Even though this was a political wedding, worse, this was just a contract marriage based on the deal between him and King Eudon, somehow he felt this was his real marriage. Unfortunately, he could only give Rose concubine status, at least until he could make sure of her feelings for him.

Rose turned to Angel and bowed slightly since she wore the tiara.

"Your Majesty," she greeted. So were the maids.

Angel stopped in front of her and handed her the wedding bucket.

"You look beautiful today," he complimented her.

Rose couldn't cover her blushing cheek upon his compliment.

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

Angel grabbed Rose's hand gently and brought his face close to her ear. His gesture made her heart beat fast, but his words made her pound for something else.

"Prepare yourself. 'They' are already waiting for us at the royal blessing hall," he whispered. Of course, who he meant were the rebels. And since he had expected it, he had ordered that his wedding ceremony would be held in private with some important guests. And the civilians couldn't approach the place for the royal couple's safety reasons. But of course, he had prepared a plan to deal with them.

"Is Ivetta coming?" asked Rose in a low voice. Still, her anger was clear from the tone of her voice. Yesterday she had even asked Angel's permission to take care of Ivetta with her own hands.

"Looks like she won't be coming," he replied. He had made sure Ivetta and Ilex were not involved in this attack. Still, he decided to wait until the last second.

"But you still have to be careful and pay attention to your surroundings," he warned. Even though he had prepared everything, there was a chance that everything could go wrong on the battlefield.

"I understand, Your Majesty."

27