Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 15. Royal Couple II
832 9 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 15. Royal Couple II

"Then... What if Ivetta gives up and doesn't care anymore?" She decided to ask something else since she didn't want Angel to think that she was mad at him. As Angel said, they did need some time to rebuild their relationship.

"She will come to us," he said confidently.

"How can you be sure?" asked Rose with a frown. She secretly stole her gaze at Angel. After losing many times, Rose predicted that the rebel's strength would decrease significantly. How could two outcast nobles, Ivetta and Earl Niall be able to fight a strong and solid kingdom like Euphorion? If she was Ivetta, maybe she would think twice about attacking Rose and Angel. Because attacking them without sufficient strength was tantamount to suicide.

Her words reminded Angel of Ilex and Ivetta's plan to get rid of him and Rose. Unconsciously, his hands clenched into fists, holding back the dark emotions in his heart as well as his revenge. A slight evil smirk formed on his lips.
"Because she already made a plan with her lover." Ivetta hated Rose and Ilex hated him so much. Although they had different backgrounds, their hatred for Rose and Angel had something in common, envy and jealousy. It was just that Ilex's hatred was exacerbated since he believed Angel was not Reinheart's descendant. Unfortunately, he knew only very little about the plan and that wasn't enough to execute Ilex.

Rose noticed his smirk. A slight chill crept up her spine especially when Angel mentioned Ivetta's lover.
"Who?" she asked curiously.

He turned to Rose. His smirk remained on his lips.
"My beloved cousin. Ilex Ferris" His eyes turned cold showing how badly he wanted to kill Ilex.

His gaze made Rose shocked since he looked like a different person from the person who confessed in front of her before. She was also shocked by his words since she didn't expect Ivetta to have an affair with Ilex. Now she understood why Angel asked about Slyhelm Town when she infiltrated his room.
“Do you want to use this as an opportunity to vent out your revenge on the Reinheart family again?”

His bad memories from his time as prince of Asteria flashed through his head especially when Ilex tortured him and killed him near the Death Forest.
"Again?" He chuckled.
"Do you mean the agreement? It's just my way of breaking the ancient agreement and binding the Reinheart family as well as the other royal families who are trying to attack Euphorion." Then his gaze grew colder.
"About my revenge... It was Ilex who tortured me and put me through hell. There's no way I will forgive him."

The chill creeping down her spine was getting worse.
"What did Ilex do to you five years ago?" she asked. Her eyes that focused on Angel showed she was ready for any answer. Thinking back on how significant Angel's attitude changed after they met again, Rose guessed it must have something to do with it. Of course, it was out of the question if he was just pretending to be a Reinheart from the start. But she thought it was over after Angel took over Asteria and bound them with the agreement.

But instead of answering, Angel closed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm himself before opening his eyes again.
"It's a long story. I will tell you later." He pointed at the castle gate which was not far from them with his gaze. They were almost at the castle so he couldn't possibly tell her now.

Realizing that Angel's gaze had returned to normal, Rose decided to ask her last question.
"Is that also why you tied my uncle with the same agreement?"

"That agreement is actually my generosity to your family. I have to ensure my kingdom's safety since it was your family's poison that has killed my people." He decided to stop his sentence there since he was sure Rose had understood what he meant.

"Then what made you change your mind that day?" She remembered Angel almost killed her uncle, yet he suddenly changed his mind.

"Because I felt something was off that day and for another minor reason..."

"Another reason?" asked Rose with a frown.

He looked at her deeply.
"A dusty memory of a mysterious girl who didn't tell me her name."

After those words, their carriage stopped, indicating that they had arrived at the castle entrance. Yet Rose was still stiffened. Her heart was racing wildly and her eyes were fixed on him. Since that meant, she wasn't the only one who had feelings for him for five years.


Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

My Patreon-page 

My ko-fi page

 My Discord

Patreon-members:

Miles Bailey, Demon, Keith, Damz, Michael Dumont, Sosa21, placid, Karl Zebadiah Tejada Cruz, Michael Sewill, Christopher Tello, Gavin Childress, Russell Estee, Felisberto Viano, Brendan Huynh, John H, HornyOranges, Sam, Jachin Nelson, Tri, Croc, DJOK DJOK, Robert Mattison, Sideshow, Charles, KjellTheViking, Dennis Wiren, Daniel Zilberstein, Jeremy Hill, Ddraig Wynn, AmigoImaginário, Claude, IllusiveTaipan, Adam, Quentin Montoya, Thomas Plé, Austinhym, Champion, banaantjexx164, Iovac, Sköll, lucas rodger, Brian Tate, jarian johnston, Arjuna666, joan corado, Kyle Ricks, Rokatsa, Dragon Empryean Shadowless, jon dumey, c d, Black, Mitanshu Pandya, Rubra, (No name), Dillon Cowan, Daniel Hex, TheManBrownie, Joseph, Argento, Kyusen, Vizzy

L, Daniel Jaskulski, Fjiordor, Matthew, Jeffrey Iverson, Mike Steger, deskent, Donovan Longnecker, Nelodyn, Christina Dammyr, Noah Perry, Erox, DemoniicGhost, Yuuki Hitomi, Iftekhar Alam, Azekno, IndecisiveKing, nomeacaso88, Chance Bramlett, Bas van Schoubroeck, Eric Staind, William Rodriguez, Christopher Bidwell, Rui salvaterra, Leon Zhu, D. T. Macemore, Agideon, Gregory, Smudi Corp, EESDESESESRDT, LoneWolf, Zuyao Wu, Jonathan Lamontagne, Alberto Escalera, Didrik Sagafos, Puggan Se, Robert Pospisil, Yuffievalor, Grundy00, Riley, Eduardo, Od-Man, Rikashi Shiarimoto, Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, Hybris, Stephen White, shawn plumley, colin love, Draxisaur4, Tobias Alkblad, JTOKING, Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah, merc8, Sentinel, Darkone33, Russell Davidson, regenschabe, Pedro Sousa, Bodybags87, Torrinth, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Zero_deaths, Anthony Gauthier, Gregory Lamberta, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, Joshyxz.,TheBroilern, Prognastat, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Jesus Hernandez, Mynamejeff, Jordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Tyler Potter, bloodbane 21, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, Locke039, Dylan, Armod, Joe G, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Maian, _Sup, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Green3000, Kyle, Ser, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, reaper, Haarderade, Belduim, Darth Melkor, Jonathan Flook, MacZeuss, LORD SHAXX, WiseRagnar, EL0C, Cody Givan, Fullmoon and saganatsu.

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️


29