Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 24. The Wedding Celebration VI
714 9 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 24. The Wedding Celebration VI

"The King and his wife have arrived!" An announcement from a guard made all the guests in the room move to make a way for the royal couple and turn their attention at the door. Although not as neat as the usual court, many of them stood on the sides of the carpet to see the royal couple up close.

The door opened, all the guests' eyes were on the royal couple who had just entered the room, including Lady Belle who was standing on the side of the carpet with Cley and Claire by her side. Her heart was pounding as her eyes were fixed on that royal couple who walked gracefully on the carpet. No, not to the royal couple but to the groom to be more precise, the man that she loved for a long time. Even before he became a King as he was now. Her eyes observed his expression, trying to find a sign or anything that would indicate that he was marrying the princess of Zephyrus because he had no other choice. That this marriage was only a political marriage. That he did not love the foreign woman who had become his wife. That he was only doing this... for his kingdom.

Unfortunately, the king's face remained cold as usual. While the princess who was walking by his side also showed the same expression. Still, their hands holding each other showed something else. Although she had also heard the rumours about the king and Princess Rose, it could just be a groundless conclusion. After all, didn't the public like it? Dreaming of a perfect and loving royal couple? A couple who came from the same status and possessed extraordinary abilities? But what they didn't know, such a perfect couple like that would never exist, never did and never will! If two people who possessed extraordinary abilities united, it was either they would destroy each other or one of them would weaken the other.

As Lady Belle saw them, her feelings grew even more chaotic. It should have been her walking with him if not because of that war. It should have been her who spent the night with him. She shouldn't be standing here with the other guests but by his side! Yet... She had to accept this painful truth.

Unconsciously, tears began to fill her eyes, but she held them.

"My Lady." Claire's voice startled her. As Lady Belle returned to her senses, she realized that the others had bowed their heads upon the king's presence, she was the only one who was looking at him like a statue. Quickly, she bowed. As she bent her head, she closed her eyes and let her tears drip directly onto the floor. Indeed, it was hurtful for her, but she couldn't tell her complaint nor vent her disappointment. There were a lot of other kingdoms' delegates here and she didn't want to embarrass her kingdom nor her family.

Meanwhile, although Angel and Rose didn't turn their heads, they realized what had happened. But he also realized that Cley and Claire were near Lady Belle. Although the twins were a bit childish, they knew when and where to get serious and they never failed to do their duty.
'I hope it doesn't get any worse than I thought,' Angel thought. He ordered the twins to look after Lady Belle at the last minute, just in case. Although his Black Devil soldiers had spread throughout this castle, even mingled with the guests, everything could happen.

"Are you worried about her?" said Rose in a low voice without shifting her eyes to him. Their feet kept moving and their gazes were fixed on the thrones as if what was happening didn't bother them. Although Rose had never met Lady Belle before, she had heard rumours about Lady Belle and Angel, including how Angel saved that lady five years ago from the late King Xenos. But she wasn't too bothered by it. She knew rumours were just rumours and many of them were just wrong public conclusions or lies. Just like her relationship with Ilex five years ago. Even though Rose had rejected Ilex, King Eudon and all Zephyrus' nobles also already knew about it, the public made rumours that Ilex had a special relationship with Rose. Her uncle let the rumours spread since they thought it would make the rebels think twice about getting rid of the Heart family, but who knew the rumours didn't work because the traitors were the closest people to them.

"I'm afraid she will do a reckless thing that could endanger her and everyone," Angel replied in the same low voice.

"It seems she really loves you. She looks heartbroken with our marriage," said Rose again. Somehow she felt pity for Lady Belle.

"And?" he said in a nonchalant tone, asking her to continue her words.

"Don't you feel sorry for her?" Rose pointed at what she meant.

"No."

His answer made her glancing at Angel who still kept his cold expression.

"I don't want to give an empty hope. Love isn't a political negotiation. A clear boundary is much better than a sweet lie," he said coldly.

Rose did not expect those words to come out of a king's mouth, especially about love.
"Isn't our marriage also based on political negotiations?" Rose reminded him.

A smirk cracked his cold face.
"How long are you going to deny that you, we, have feelings for each other?"

His last sentence silenced her and made her heart pound faster.

21