Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 25. The Second Dance I
789 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 25. The Second Dance I

Angel and Rose were sitting next to each other on the thrones. Not far from them, Flare was watching the surroundings and the room was heavily guarded by Euphorion's soldiers. The sound of waltz music began to flow, some couples walked to the middle of the hall and started dancing. Some decided to mingle with other guests and have a good chat, especially the guests who had just come from the dining hall. Others decided to eat and drink to their heart content. As the royal couple, they usually didn't dance and watch it as entertainment.

Amidst the vibrant and happy celebration, some nobles cast glances at that royal couple sitting on the thrones. Whispers began to come out from their mouths as their eyes fell on the king and his wife. Whether it was admiration, rumour or bad talk. But they said it carefully, although most of it was about Rose. With Angel's status as king and his victory, he had the power and the authority to marry whoever he wanted with just a single decree. If Angel wanted to marry Rose, he just had to say it and she had no right to refuse. Moreover, her status was only a political prisoner. So who dared to oppose him?

Even though they couldn't deny the benefits, especially since they knew about the Heart Family's poison, the question was, why did the king have to marry her? Couldn't he have forced her to give up the poison? Or even force her to make one for Euphorion? Besides, they knew how cold the king was to all women. That was the reason why Chancellor Allan arranged the meeting with the noblewomen. So some of them made a guess, it was the Heart family who asked Angel to marry Rose as a precondition to get the poison and he agreed. Not only because of the poison but also because he was able to get the Kingdom of Zephyrus only heir. Or conversely, it could be Angel who asked for this marriage, but they were sure it was not because of love like the rumours.

This made the noblewomen envy her. For five years, the king never paid attention to women and every woman in Euphorion dreamed of becoming his wife after he managed to stabilize his authority at a young age. He was definitely not a playboy like the late King Xenos and was able to bring Euphorion to its golden age in just a short time. Yet suddenly a foreign woman took it for granted. How could they accept this?

As for other nobles, they had their own judgment regarding this. Either they praised how sharp Angel was or silently bad mouth about how greedy he was. So did Rose. But the conversation just passed like the wind at night.

Angel and Rose did their best to be relaxed in their seats. Even though they didn't hear the discordant voices, they knew it from the gazes and glances or rather they had already predicted this. So they had decided to do something about this since yesterday.

The music stopped and the couples dancing in the centre of the hall posed for their final posture which was followed by the other guests' applause and closed by a bow to the royal couple.

The second dance was about to start and the other couples were getting ready for their turn. One of them was Lady Belle. She decided to dance with Evrat, the first son of Marquess Eluard of Euphorion. Since she didn't catch anything from Angel's expression when he entered this room with Rose, Lady Belle concluded that Angel actually didn't have any feelings for Rose. So while Duke Nicolin was busy chatting with the other guests, Lady Belle decided to do this to make Angel jealous. Plus it was Evrat who came up to her and asked her to dance. After all, all this time, she was the one who had been chasing Angel, so she thought if she did this, maybe he would realize his mistake and take action.

But just as the couples in the middle of the hall mingled with the other guests, Angel raised his hand. Everyone's attention turned to him.
"I will take the second dance," he said.

Everyone in the room turned shocked. The people's murmur filled that room since the royal couple usually just sat on their thrones during the wedding celebration but the king decided to join the dance. Moreover, this was his first dance after five years.

"Your Majesty..." An unconscious stammering mutter escaped Lady Belle's mouth as her eyes fell on Angel. Since… in the end, her plan didn't work but it was Angel who would make her jealous.

Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

My Patreon-page 

My ko-fi page

My Discord 

Patreon-members:
First Name Last Name, Marco Belina, eli, Razor DEMISE, Eduard Llauradó, Jachin Nelson, Thatoneguy43, Fuzzygoat, Corey, joe stone, AcrimoniousIntelligence, Johannes Franz Braitenthaller, Calvin Watson, Maxime AYOUB-ROUAN, EsZeus, Nathan, Quinlan Somdahl-sands, Orangefruit, Bam 25, Kotillion, Zachary Michael Phillip Clark, Erik, Boklau, Barney, KingofSloth, Lucciano Correa, Andrew Poe-Bowdren, Jacob Richter, Miles Bailey, Demon, Keith, Sosa21, placid, Michael Sewill, Christopher Tello, Russell Estee, Felisberto Viano, Sam, Croc, DJOK DJOK, Robert Mattison,Charles, KjellTheViking, Dennis Wiren, Daniel Zilberstein, Jeremy Hill, Ddraig Wynn, AmigoImaginário, Claude, Adam, Quentin Montoya, Thomas Plé, Austinhym, Champion, banaantjexx164, Iovac, Sköll, lucas rodger, jarian johnston, Arjuna666, joan corado, Kyle Ricks, Rokatsa, Dragon Empryean Shadowless, Nicholas Boyland, jon dumey, c d, Black, Mitanshu Pandya, (No name), Dillon Cowan, TheManBrownie, Joseph, Argento, Kyusen, Daniel Jaskulski, Fjiordor, Matthew, Jeffrey Iverson, Mike Steger, deskent, Donovan Longnecker, Nelodyn, Christina Dammyr, Erox, Azekno, IndecisiveKing, Bas van Schoubroeck, Rui salvaterra, Leon Zhu, D. T. Macemore, Agideon, Smudi Corp, EESDESESESRDT, Zuyao Wu, Jonathan Lamontagne, Alberto Escalera, Didrik Sagafos, Puggan Se, Robert Pospisil, Yuffievalor, Grundy00, Riley, Eduardo, Od-Man, Andrew Desmond, Rikashi Shiarimoto, Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, CopeyDunt, Hybris, Stephen White, shawn plumley, colin love, Draxisaur4, Tobias Alkblad, JTOKING, Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah, merc8, Sentinel, Darkone33, Russell Davidson, regenschabe, Pedro Sousa, Bodybags87, Torrinth, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Zero_deaths, Anthony Gauthier, Gregory Lamberta, Majorana, Anita Torres, Joshyxz, TheBroilern, Prognastat, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Chuy789, Mynamejeff,vJordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Tyler Potter, bloodbane 21, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, Dylan, Armod, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, rusty lewis, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Maian, _Sup, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Kyle, Ser, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, Belduim, Darth Melkor, Jonathan Flook, MacZeuss, WiseRagnar, EL0C, Cody Givan, BlindTactic and saganatsu.

Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to click ❤️


20