Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 60. The Wine and The Couple VI
478 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 60. The Wine and The Couple VI

It was the first time she felt this way. This feeling was so strange, especially when he mentioned the queen position. It would be hard for her to get that position considering she was a political prisoner. So there was a fear in her that Angel would marry another woman one day.

But... didn't he already say he wasn't interested in any of them? Besides... She hadn't agreed to be his real wife yet. Then why did this feeling bother her now? To make it worse, she could remember how their marriage broke the noblewomen's hearts. How Lady Belle struggled to contain her emotions at their wedding party. It made her ask herself, will she experience the same thing one day?

Their steps stopped near a small cart with a wine bottle on top. Angel's hand took the bottle and poured it into his glass, but this time Rose didn't help him.

Noticing Rose's blank stare, Angel guessed that something was bothering her.
"Is something bothering you?" he asked. This time, it was Angel who poured the wine into her glass.

She gasped. Her eyes blinked as if she had just woken up from hypnosis. The awkwardness was clear from her face as soon as she realized her glass was almost full.
"Nothing. I was just thinking about something," she said nervously. She couldn't say it since she realized... She didn't have the right to.

"It was just a casual meeting. Chancellor Allan and Cley will be with me. Also, I don't have any plans to appoint a queen anytime soon," he explained as if he could read her mind. It was so simple since Rose suddenly fell silent after he mentioned the meeting.

Casually, he took his glass and stood facing her. His eyes were ready to watch every change on her face.
"Are you jealous?" he said in a teasing tone before he took a sip on his wine.

"No... Of course not," said Rose awkwardly. A nervous smile on her lips. There was no way she could say it. To cover it up, she decided to drink her wine.

Angel lowered his glass and put it on the cart without taking his eyes off Rose.
"So... Am I the only one who's jealous?" he said in a calm tone, straight to the point.

*Cough* *Cough* *Cough*

His words managed to make her cough and almost spilled her wine. The back of her hand quickly covered her mouth. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. He should be embarrassed yet he said it calmly as if it was a common thing. It shocked her!
"You are quite straightforward, Angel," she said as soon as she could get her voice out.

He smirked upon her embarrassment and nervousness.
"I don't have a good reason to cover it up. Especially after I found out you had the same feelings as me."

Indeed, what he said was true. With his strength and power, he could do whatever he wanted. Said whatever he wanted. But admitted that he was jealous of a political prisoner like her was something else.
"Is this one of your tricks?" she blabbered without a second thought.

"Tricks?" he repeated. His surprise was clear from the tone of his voice. But then he realized she said it out of nervousness. Another smirk appeared on his face. His hand took her glass and placed it on the side of his glass. His eyes locked on her.

Then he drew closer to her. So close, as if he wanted to kiss her. But no, he tilted his head to the side, came close to her ear and put his hands on her waist. It managed to make Rose tense.
"Yes. It's a trick. And it will make your feelings deeper... I will make you fall deeply with me..." he whispered in a teasing voice.

It managed to make Rose freeze for whatever reason.
"Angelus... What do you want to do?" she whispered.

Instead of answering, he bent his head towards her neck. He could smell her scent, her perfume clearly. Rose's heart was beating fast. His breath tickled her skin. She knew there was no spell binding her, yet her body refused to move upon her nervousness.

But only for a moment, a soft chuckle came out of his mouth.
"I'm just kidding." He distanced his face and looked at her.
"Don't worry. It's not a trick, Rose," he said in a casual tone.

Rose was just trying to calm herself down, but Angel spoke again.

"But a confession," he continued in a calm tone.

It managed to make her heart beat faster.

> Read more than 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

16