Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 61. The Wine and The Couple VII.
562 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 61. The Wine and The Couple VII.

His words managed to make Rose pause for a moment to calm herself down.
"I just found out the King of Euphorion is a seducer," she said as soon as she could get her voice out.

"I wasn't. I also just found out this side of mine after meeting you," he admitted.
"Isn't that the same as you? You are so different when you're with me." Even though he didn't know her that deep. Based on the information he got, Rose had never behaved like this. She was a woman who never submitted to anyone, even to her uncle and rarely showed her embarrassment. Sometimes she acted cold to people she didn't like. Yet she showed a different attitude to him.

"I won't deny that we act the same when we're around each other," said Rose. She hated to admit this, but she remembered how she felt and what she did to Angel was very different from how she treated Artheur and Ilex. She remembered how she pushed Artheur away at Scarlet Stone Castle's garden when he tried to kiss her. Yet this time... She didn't push Angel away. Not only tonight but also this morning.
"But I'm a little surprised you can admit everything without a burden. Despite your position," she added.

"It's a fair thing," he said in a casual tone. His hand took his glass again and spun it slightly. His eyes were on the wine in the glass.
"Besides, you have confessed everything," he said as he turned his gaze to Rose.

It made her frown.
"When?"

"Your face and expression said it all. You didn't push me away, although I invaded your personal space. It's just... There's doubt since I'm a stranger to you. Am I right?" he said all his guesses before he finished all his wine.

His sharp guess silenced her. No, it even scared her.
"Tell me, Angelus Raizel. Do you have a spell to read other people's minds? Or the crystal allows you to do so?" She made a wild guess.

He chuckled and put his empty glass.
"I don't have that ability. I already told you, your expression has told me everything." Angel found this was funny. Two people acted outside their character out of their irrationality.

"Then you should stop doing it. Stop teasing me. Stop playing around with me. Stop analyzing me." She didn't know if it was a request or a plea. What was clear, he made her heart churn. A thrill which was worse than riding a wild horse.

"So you want me to hide everything?" he asked.

"No. I mean---" Her words stopped there since she didn't know how to explain. Angel only admitted his feelings so there was nothing wrong with that. But the way he said it, the way he analyzed her was a different matter. Even though he was jealous and said it out loud, it didn't lower his dignity or his pride. Even though he loved her, it didn't make him act like a simp who had lost his mind. He did not do a reckless thing like Artheur, nor rude like Ilex after she rejected them. But for sure Angel caught her heart bit by bit silently.

"Let's change the topic. Do you want that position?" he decided to divert their conversation. Of course, he meant the queen position.

"I'm a political prisoner. I'm not suitable for that position. Your people, the nobles won't allow that," answered Rose. Even if she wanted it, she couldn't be selfish since she knew how important the queen was.

"I didn't ask about their wish. I asked for your wish," he pointed at what he meant.

Rose was silent for a moment. It was a dilemma for her. If she said yes, it meant she wanted to be his legal wife. But if she said no, it would be tantamount to betraying her thoughts and desires.
" I-- I don't know..." Her mind was in a complete mess. She wanted to be with him, but she was afraid he was just using her and this was all just part of his plan. Either his plan for the rebel or another plan she didn't know about.

"I'm the strongest king of the Andromeda Continent now. Are you sure you don't want to be my queen? Aren't you interested in becoming the second in this continent? Rule the four kingdoms with me?" he tempted. It was a test for her. He knew that fact was undeniable and that was the main reason why all women want him.

Again, it made her frown. It was the first time he mentioned his strength and power. Somehow it made her uncomfortable.
"I'm aware of it, Angel. You don't need to mention it. If it's about my will, my answer is still the same. If it's about politics, then I will say yes. It will be profitable for my kingdom." She didn't know what Angel meant by saying this, but she decided to say what she was thinking.

> Read more than 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

17