Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 62. The Wine and The Couple VIII
506 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 62. The Wine and The Couple VIII

She expected Angel to be angry and showed his original intention or maybe his wrath. As he said before, he was the strongest king of the Andromeda Continent, she was sure he would take her answer as an insult. But she was wrong. He chuckled and looked happy upon her answer.

"You aren't mad at me?" said Rose in confusion.

"Why should I? I'm so happy with it," he said.

And his answer made her even more confused. Her eyebrows furrowed.
"Pardon?"

"Thank you for your honest answer. It's a test. You don't have to be afraid. I told you we would take it slow and I'll keep my promise. Still, I'm so glad you opened up to me," he explained briefly.

"Test for what?" she asked for an explanation. It was her who should have doubted him since he kept playing tricks on her. Yet why did he test her? Didn't he know with her status it would be difficult to become his queen?

"I want to know your true intentions, Rose. Are you sincere to me or... Are you the same as other girls," he said straight to the point.

Rose couldn't deny, he had a point. With his position, of course, he had to be careful of everyone who approached him. She was no exception.

"I think that's enough for tonight. We have an important event tomorrow morning. We should go to bed now." Several royal delegates proposed a simple fighting competition as a token of their friendship. Even though Angel knew their main purpose was to measure his military's strength, he decided to approve it.

"I agree." Although she didn't mind being with him a little longer, she decided to clear her head first after what he said.

But instead of moving towards the exit, he approached Rose. His lips were close to her ear.
"Thank you for giving us a second chance," he whispered. Then without saying anything he distanced himself and extended his hand to Rose who was standing like a statue, staring at him.
"Shall we?" he asked politely.

Rose took his hand without saying anything. But one thing for sure, this man's hot and cold attitude made her heart and feelings swing around.

They walked out and were greeted by the servants who had been waiting for them patiently. After they bowed, the servants' eyes fell on the royal couple, trying to guess what had happened from the royal couple's expressions and attire. Unfortunately, even though they were able to catch Rose's flushed face, their clothes were still as neat as before and the king's cold expression didn't change. From there they assumed nothing happened.

The royal couple stopped at the door and faced each other.
"I'll be waiting for you in the chamber," said Angel. After Rose answered with a simple yes, he turned around and walked towards his dressing room which was followed by the guards. As usual, he would change his clothes alone.

While Rose walked to her dressing room followed by the maids. It was impossible to remove her layered gown without the maids' help. Besides, she had to take a shower and prepare herself to 'serve' him like yesterday.

The maids' eyes fell on Rose who was walking in front of them. Their minds are trying to guess the royal couple's strange relationship. Sometimes they looked so close and romantic, but the evidence said something else. Just like the untainted bed sheet, after a long private romantic dinner, they found the royal couple's clothes still neat, showing that nothing had happened in there. It was another disappointing result for the maids.

Meanwhile, as Rose's feet moved, her mind was lost in what had just happened. His expression, his words, his temptation and his seduction filled her mind. All of it made her forget that he was the same person who attacked her kingdom. But one thing for sure, she was glad that he didn't lie to her in the first place.

Still, the doubt was bothering her. His sharpness scared her. She was afraid he only considered her a chess piece and did this because of their plan. Despite his confession, she was afraid that her love would end in disappointment and all of this was only based on his political interests. But from the jealousy in her heart, she knew what he said was true. She had fallen deeply for him, it was just that she still denied it over her insecurity. And what could answer it was... time. It would prove whether all his words and acts were true or this was just part of his strategy.

'Angel... Can I trust you?' she thought.

> Read more than 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

My Patreon-page 

My ko-fi page

My Discord

16