Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 65. Unexpected Challenge I
514 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 65. Unexpected Challenge I

The morning sun shining on Luminus City was already getting higher and higher. The royal couple had woken up from their sleep and were finishing their breakfast. Although nothing had changed in their expressions and attitudes, this morning, the maids and servants were surprised by something else. It was the first time they had found the king's chamber in a mess. The royal couple's clothes were scattered on the floor around the bed. Likewise, the bed sheet which was much messier than usual. And one important thing, they found a towel with blood on it. They believe it was the princess' virgin blood.

The maids' hands moved deftly to tidy up the room. While their minds travelled and guessed what happened last night. From the messy scene, they could imagine how wild the king was. Maybe, if this was a small room, their voices would have been heard throughout the castle last night.

As strange as it sounded, that wasn't a wild conclusion since all the evidence they found showed that. They also found a torn on the princess' last night dress, so they could imagine how the king pulled her dress roughly. Not only that, the messy bed sheet showed how the royal couple rolled from one end to another. And some red marks on Rose's body also showed the same thing. Although the marks were in odd places, like thighs and arms. While the love marks were usually on the neck or shoulders. But they guessed, the king chose those places so Rose could still wear her off-shoulder dress.

This information quickly spread throughout the castle, including on Cley, Claire and Chancellor Allan who had just arrived to attend the friendly competition event. And it brought a satisfied smile to their faces. Still, the Chancellor would continue to carry out his plan to give Angel a list of romantic places as well as provide him with information about other interesting events, such as operas or dance parties.

As the sun was getting higher, the delegates and the royal couple had already filled the seats in the pavilion on the training ground. Several maids who were ready to serve them were standing around them. Their eyes fell on the warriors who were fighting in the courtyard. Some Magic Users used their Magic Barrier to ensure it was a fair fight. The participants were not only from Euphorion but also assistants and knights of other kingdoms.

Occasionally, applause rang out from the pavilion after the winner managed to take down his enemy. Sometimes, whispers came out of the audiences' mouths. But one for sure, their attention was locked to the fight in front of them. Likewise with Rose. She didn't know how long she hadn't attended an event like this. Even though she didn't like war and bloodshed, she always liked friendly matches. Where the warriors and knights could show their strength and strategy.

On her side, Angel's gaze was also on the competition, but his mind was not. Frost and Gaia's Magic Messenger came to him this morning. It was about Ilex's movement in Asteria. Not only that, but Frost also said that Ivetta had started recruiting new members again. Unfortunately, they had not been able to find where their other hiding locations were.

'I should investigate Ilex tonight,' he thought. He knew most of Asteria's territory, so it would be easier for him to do so than investigate Ivetta who was most likely still in Zephyrus. After all, he was sure that it was Ilex who provided all their needs, including the money.

The sound of loud applause rang out as soon as Cley managed to defeat his opponent and it brought Angel's attention back to the competition. A proud smile appeared on his lips. He couldn't believe the naughty kid he met in Pearl Gate City five years ago had turned to be this strong.

The last fight would start soon. But before the official announced it, a delegate stood up from his seat and approached Angel. He was the Kingdom of Eirene's delegation, Prince Jake Leonard Noblecrest.
"Your Majesty, please forgive my rudeness. May I convey my idea?" he said after bowing politely to Angel.

"You may speak," he replied.

"Thank you. This friendly competition is interesting. All of them are the best warriors and knights. But I think I haven't seen the best Euphorion fighter yet," said Prince Jake politely.

"May I know what you mean?" he made sure even though he had caught the delegation's intentions.

"The best fighter from every Kingdom is their king. So I hope you can show a little of your strength," Prince Jake said straight to the point. His request caused a tense atmosphere among the guests.
"Please don't get me wrong, Your Majesty. I didn't mean to offend you. To be honest, I really idolize you, especially after I heard about your victory. So I hope you don't mind my small request. But of course, I will be fair. I will be your opponent," he added, still with a calm tone.

Angel knew Prince Jake just wanted to test him, but he couldn't refuse it over his pride as a king. But he didn't plan on exposing all of his power either.
"Very well. I shall take this challenge," he replied.

Thank you for the pic @Ninestar619 😍

Angel

>Read more than 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

 

18