Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 74. The Noblewomen and The King I
443 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 74. The Noblewomen and The King I

One week had passed. The other royal delegations had left the White Moon Castle one by one. The castle had become quieter since yesterday. Due to his workload, Angel had been working as usual since two days ago, before the last delegation left the castle. Likewise, Rose learned many things from Claire to prepare herself for her task.

Rather than being awkward, she started to get used to Angel's presence. Besides, according to what he promised, Angel didn't touch her even though they were sleeping on the same bed and sharing the same blanket. She was so grateful for that.

The only one that bothered her was her last conversation with Rai. About the mission that Angel gave to Rai and what Angel's next plan was. He did ask her to wait, but he didn't explain anything even though she saw Flare going in and out of his study room. Likewise with the Magic Messenger that came to him. Whether from Frost, Gaia, Gale or the others. Rose had asked him several times, but she always got the same answer. He asked her to wait till everything was clear. Since she didn't have the power to negotiate, she decided to hold back her curiosity. After all, due to their loss on the wedding day, the rebels needed time to reorganize their plans.

Although the wedding event had ended and the delegates had returned to their own kingdoms, the castle looked crowded again this afternoon. Several noble carriages started arriving and filled the castle yard. But rather than ministers or high nobles, as usual, it was noblewomen and ladies who got out of the carriages. Even though they weren't wearing flashy jewelry or clothes, they were wearing beautiful clothes. So was their makeup and hair. Moreover, most of them were young ladies. Rather than a meeting or court, this was more like a party. Lady Belle was one of them.

As soon as her carriage arrived at the castle's entrance, she got off it, alone, without Duke Nicolin. Her appearance quickly attracted many people's attention. Whispers came out of some of the guests' mouths. It was mostly dominated by their pity over her obsession with the king. They did not realize that they were in the same position as her.

Lady Belle ignored all that and entered the castle. There was not the slightest change in her expression. Rather than their whispers, something else filled her head. A mystery to be exact. She could remember how a dark aura disappeared when she was strolling in the garden with Cley and Claire on the royal couple's wedding day. At that time, she didn't realize it since her mind was in a mess. But a few days after that, when her mind was much clearer, she just remembered that the only person who could use magic and had dark powers was the king. In other words... The king used his powers to keep an eye on her in the garden.

The main question was... For what? Did that mean he sent Cley and Claire to keep an eye on her too? Didn't that mean the king can't get her out of his mind? Even though this was just her guess and rough analysis, she was sure of it. Even though she didn't know the king's feelings for her, the fact that she was in the king's mind was undeniable. He was still watching her, in other words, her chance was still there.

Lady Belle knew Angel wouldn't admit things easily so instead of being accompanied by her father, she decided to face this on her own. She planned to request a private conversation after the meeting ended.

"This way, my lady," said the servant politely as he gestured to enter the meeting room.

As she entered the room, a long table with chairs arranged neatly on either side entered her sight. Most of them have been filled by noblewomen according to their position in the aristocracy. Several maids and servants stood by the chair to make sure they had everything they needed. So did the guards who were standing on both sides of the room.

Her arrival was greeted by stares and whispers from the women. But again, she decided to ignore it. She didn't need their pity since it was her who decided to love him. They did not have the right to trample upon her feelings.

According to her status, she sat near the end of the table. Next to the king's chair. As she waited, her gaze fell on the gold chair.
'Your Majesty, I hope you can be honest with me.'

>Read more than 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update on Patreon

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

14