Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 79. The Noblewomen and The King VI
523 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 79. The Noblewomen and The King VI

"Call Claire and maids to escort Lady Belle," he ordered the guard as he came out the room. He realized Lady Belle was crying but he didn't look back to show his clear decision. The meeting had just finished, some noblewomen were still in the castle waiting for their carriage. If Lady Belle came out with red eyes and a face full of tears like that, it would be a new rumor that would corner her. So he did his best to protect her reputation.

Then he turned to another guard.
"Send a Magic Messenger to call Duke Nicolin." He also decided to talk about this with Duke Nicolin so that there would be no misunderstanding between them.

"Yes, Your Majesty." Then they carried out his orders.

"Your Majesty, I think you should accompany her for a while. You know, just to make her better a bit?" Cley said in a low voice as they walked towards the study room. His hesitation was heard in his voice. He knew Angel was a bit cold but wasn't this too cruel?

"If I do, she'll think I have feelings for her. It will hurt her over and over again. Isn't that unfair?" He realized that if his relationship with Rose didn't work out, it was Lady Belle who had the highest chance of becoming his wife and Queen.

But he didn't want to think about this just yet since he had just started his relationship with Rose. After all, in the worst case, he could say that this was his plan to lure out the rebels and announce that their marriage was only part of his agreement with King Eudon. After that announcement, they would act like strangers.

"True..." Cley admitted. Besides, Rose would probably catch this as something else.

"Don't think about too much drama. Just concentrate on your work," Angel reminded him. This was also a reminder for him.

"Yes, Your Majesty," Cley replied.

At the same time, in the parlor room, Rose chatted with Claire accompanied by some tea. They mostly talked about aristocracy, the relationship between nobles and what they liked and didn't like. Rose wanted to make sure she didn't make a mistake that could spoil the mood of the party.
"Duke Nicolin is a neat person and upholds etiquette. He hates a loud eater and can lose his appetite just because of that," Claire closed her explanation as she placed her cup on the table.

"Duke Nicolin is Lady Belle's father right?" Rose made sure. She was quite surprised since Duke Nicolin sounded more strict than her uncle. Yet Lady Belle looked meek and a bit fragile.

"Yes. He is the most influential Duke in Euphorion. One of His Majesty's confidants and the Late King Xenos," said Claire.
"That's why Lady Belle tries to get closer to His Majesty and everyone thinks she is a prime candidate to become Queen. She also assumes His Majesty is in love with her." An awkward smile appeared on Claire's lips.
"Well, I also thought the same thing before since I didn't know His Majesty already had another woman in his heart."

It managed to make Rose's face turn red, but she quickly grabbed her cup of tea and drank it to cover it up.
"I've heard His Majesty saved her and she ended up falling in love with him. But did he ever reciprocate her feelings?" Rose tried to divert the topic.
"Like eating with her or something?" she pointed her point clearly.

It managed to make Claire laugh, but she held it.
"Pfffttt, before the war broke, they called him the cold king for his personality. He is hard to approach and unpredictable. No woman can approach him. His Majesty even always skips the dance and uses the party as a place to find information. Well, His Majesty did meet some noblewomen when Chancellor Allan asked him to choose a candidate for queen. But he only met them out of formalities."

"So he never replied to her at all? I mean Lady Belle can't possibly assume she fell in love with him out of nowhere," asked Rose in disbelief.

>Read more than 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update on Patreon

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

16